Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Chamberlain 3/4 Belt Drive Wifi

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2017 7:16 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…

[Lowe's] Chamberlain 3/4 Belt Drive Wifi

Lowes has "spend $400 more save 15% off" promo or 10% if you spend more than $100

Deal is better for people that need two or more or share with your neighbours :)
Images
  • 20171019_131853.png
Last edited by smrtphur on Oct 19th, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82 replies
Jan 31, 2008
693 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
smrtphur wrote: Lowes has "spend $500 more save 15% off" promo or 10% if you spend more than $100

I purchased 2 of these for $498 but promocode SAVE15 still works. Deal is better for people that need two or more or share with your neighbours :)
I see spend 400 and save 15%
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
lilpoorpk wrote: I see spend 400 and save 15%
Oops misread will correct op thanks!
Nov 14, 2004
316 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know how loud this is? Our master bedroom is directly above garage. Every morning when I open it to leave for work at 7AM, our current old opener makes so much noise and actually sends vibrations up to the bedroom and wakes up my wife. Also, when the cold weather comes around these parts, the opener struggles and usually can't lift the door without some human assistance.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
percy wrote: Does anyone know how loud this is? Our master bedroom is directly above garage. Every morning when I open it to leave for work at 7AM, our current old opener makes so much noise and actually sends vibrations up to the bedroom and wakes up my wife. Also, when the cold weather comes around these parts, the opener struggles and usually can't lift the door without some human assistance.
A belt one is supposed to be much quieter than a chain one. I have the chain version of this which I just bought near the end of winter of this year to replace an old chain Chamberlain opener. The old one was so loud. I could hear it on the other side of my house. The new one is so quiet. It still makes noise but I can't hear it in the house unless I'm close to the garage. Even then I have to concentrate to hear it.

But, since you're sleeping in bed then your scenario is different scenario than mine. I'm just trying to give you a bit of context for now.

EDIT: My old garage door opener struggled in the winter time as well. I had to help it go up some of the time. The new one had no issues so far.
Last edited by ds2chan on Oct 19th, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10184 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
How much does Lowe's charge for installation?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
percy wrote: Does anyone know how loud this is? Our master bedroom is directly above garage. Every morning when I open it to leave for work at 7AM, our current old opener makes so much noise and actually sends vibrations up to the bedroom and wakes up my wife. Also, when the cold weather comes around these parts, the opener struggles and usually can't lift the door without some human assistance.
Belts are a lot quieter, but that much noise may be both your GDO and your garage door tracks.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
It's likely the door and tracks.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
2061 posts
4409 upvotes
For what it's worth, I purchased these last year when they were on sale for the same price at Lowe's for $250. I went to HD and they price matched + 10% off. $225 each x 2 = 450 + tax. With Rona's extra 10% off it will match what I paid and with 15% off if you buy 2 it will work out to be $212.50 each x 2 = $425 + tax. Great deal.

Really happy with them. Super quiet and love the smart phone control. Note, these do not include battery backup, but I was completely fine with that.
Nov 14, 2004
316 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
ceredon wrote: Belts are a lot quieter, but that much noise may be both your GDO and your garage door tracks.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. What's "GDO"?
I think I'll go home and manually open the garage door and see how disruptive that is. But I am picking up what you guys are putting down, a belt would definitely be more quieter than a chain (which is what we currently have). I'll have to wait for one with battery backup to go on sale though. Strong winds have knocked out power here about 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months (most recently yesterday!).
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
percy wrote: Thanks for the replies, everyone. What's "GDO"?
I think I'll go home and manually open the garage door and see how disruptive that is. But I am picking up what you guys are putting down, a belt would definitely be more quieter than a chain (which is what we currently have). I'll have to wait for one with battery backup to go on sale though. Strong winds have knocked out power here about 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months (most recently yesterday!).
You missed the canadian tire sale last week when they had battery backup one for sale but no wifi.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
percy wrote: Thanks for the replies, everyone. What's "GDO"?
garage door opener.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
3746 posts
244 upvotes
Is this strong enough to open a double door garage door?
Apr 3, 2010
581 posts
845 upvotes
One more thing one could do, is to replace metal rollers on the garage door, with nylon rollers. I thought about it for a while, but decided it wasn't worth the trouble or expense. Also, nylon rollers probably won't last nearly as long as metal. But if total quiet is what you're looking for, then belt drive and nylon rollers is the way to go.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
reyoasian wrote: Is MyQ included? Conflicting reviews...
Should be. Says MyQ enabled. I think the confusion you are referring to was when they used to say "MyQ compatible" on older units.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
reyoasian wrote: Is MyQ included? Conflicting reviews...
Only models with built-in wifi, doesn't require the MyQ gateway.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Only models with built-in wifi, doesn't require the MyQ gateway.
Description says wifi included.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
ceredon wrote: Description says wifi included.
Which coincides with the manufacturer's part#.
Mfr Part #LW6000WFC
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1982 posts
659 upvotes
South Western Ontari…
Now the bulbs are sold separately can I put leds in there?

Nvm led bulbs can cause interference with the signal better stick with good old incandescent. There are compatible bulbs but why take the chance