Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowes

Chamberlain 3/4 HPS Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Built-in Wifi - $249 (plus $10 off YMMV)

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby

Chamberlain 3/4 HPS Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Built-in Wifi - $249 (plus $10 off YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$100 off
Expiry:
September 27, 2017
Retailer:
Lowes
Lowe's is selling Chamberlain 3/4 HPS Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Built-in Wifi for $249 until 27th Sep 2017. I was also offered an additional $10 off coupon (targeted, the coupon didn't work with different login) during check out valid for orders over $240. Plus do not forget the 1% ebates. I think the last time when this was on sale was in July for $270.

I searched the forum, didn't find any post related to this deal. Please merge the thread if I have overlooked it.

Note: If you were offered the $10 off coupon, before submitting the order ensure it is applied properly. It vanished couple of times for me after the site validated the coupon.
[external link removed]
21 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
Or just signup for a new account / with new email to get $10 off $50 Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 25, 2005
410 posts
38 upvotes
Price matched at Home Depot and got an extra 10% off. At first , they wouldn't match because the model numbers didnt match, but if you look at the manual, both models are the same. The model numbers are specific to home depot and lowes.

Ask for the manager and explain. Good luck!

https://www.chamberlain.com/CatalogReso ... 4A4764.pdf
May 3, 2016
231 posts
142 upvotes
Brampton
Is it hot deal? I have seen 1 1/4 hp with same features for 250.. But don't need that much power.. I am waiting for this to go below 200.
Apr 17, 2017
115 posts
80 upvotes
GTA
I got this at cdn tires when they had the $50 gift card promo if you spend $250 or something,
for $200 I think. That was the lowest I've seen. No complaints on product whatsoever.
Dec 29, 2007
677 posts
476 upvotes
What's the rule of thumb for hp and garage doors? And how much do people charge to get installed?

Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4402 posts
4465 upvotes
cjam wrote: What's the rule of thumb for hp and garage doors? And how much do people charge to get installed?

Thanks in advance.
There's a guy on RFD named Ron who installs. I used him.
Apr 5, 2008
88 posts
63 upvotes
How would this model compare to the 2hp Ultra quiet Ryobi belt open at home depot - currently selling for $299 but often goes on sale for $250
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1625 posts
1339 upvotes
Whitby
cjam wrote: What's the rule of thumb for hp and garage doors? And how much do people charge to get installed?

Thanks in advance.
For a single car garage .5 or .75 hp is sufficient based on my readings. I got mine installed for $85 including the brackets. No tax. Check Kijiji.
[external link removed]
Jan 4, 2013
621 posts
239 upvotes
kowalsy wrote: How would this model compare to the 2hp Ultra quiet Ryobi belt open at home depot - currently selling for $299 but often goes on sale for $250
Ones a long standing brand which has a reputation and one is fairly new and seems to have barely a 3/5 rating online. I wont bash Ryobi since I haven't seen it in use in person, I know I got the 1 1/4 HP Chamberlain for I think $279 a while back when it went on sale and that was simply having a 16 foot garage door plus I wanted a reliable brand. I don't know why Ryobi seems to be the only ones who are going more than 1 1/4 HP, maybe someone smarter knows.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10184 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
mathewvc wrote: There's a guy on RFD named Ron who installs. I used him.
How much did he charge?
Aug 23, 2014
30 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I have a chain drive which is way too loud, feels like while house is shakeout. Wanted to change to belt drive. Can I just buy this and switch it? Or more work needs to be done? Anyone can help?

Thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
kowalsy wrote: How would this model compare to the 2hp Ultra quiet Ryobi belt open at home depot - currently selling for $299 but often goes on sale for $250
With 2 HP, are you trying to open your garage door or tear it apart.. lol......
Nov 30, 2015
453 posts
242 upvotes
GTA, ON
yanjie728 wrote: I have a chain drive which is way too loud, feels like while house is shakeout. Wanted to change to belt drive. Can I just buy this and switch it? Or more work needs to be done? Anyone can help?

Thank you.
I bought the chain version of this 3/4 hp a month ago as I couldn't wait for a sale on this model. It is indeed very loud. It sounds like it wants to rip the door out. Belt drive is definitely the way to go.

Not sure about what you can re-use from the existing install. Probably depends on how old it is. You should be able to re-use the wiring.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
yanjie728 wrote: I have a chain drive which is way too loud, feels like while house is shakeout. Wanted to change to belt drive. Can I just buy this and switch it? Or more work needs to be done? Anyone can help?

Thank you.
You can't use the existing chain guide or opener, so you're essentially installing everything again.LOL
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
For the DIYer (even for the first time); it is pretty much a straight forward install.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
this is a good price. the only thing better would be lowes no tax event + coupon.

I got the 1.25HP belt drive with battery backup a few months ago for $279 + 15% off (IIRC) for spending over a certain amount
Aug 4, 2004
719 posts
549 upvotes
goombaman wrote: Price matched at Home Depot and got an extra 10% off. At first , they wouldn't match because the model numbers didnt match, but if you look at the manual, both models are the same. The model numbers are specific to home depot and lowes.

Ask for the manager and explain. Good luck!

https://www.chamberlain.com/CatalogReso ... 4A4764.pdf
Thanks alot for the link to the manufacture manual. I was successfully PMed with HD also by showing them a print out copy of that. They were trying to decline it but couldn't.
Last edited by cellsell on Sep 27th, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
LuckyBoyTT wrote: I got this at cdn tires when they had the $50 gift card promo if you spend $250 or something,
for $200 I think. That was the lowest I've seen. No complaints on product whatsoever.
Spend $200 ---> get a $50 GC.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/canadia ... d-2094671/

I'm hoping they'll bring back that promo soon... maybe between blackfriday - boxing week.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4402 posts
4465 upvotes
Very fair price. Depending on job but for me it was under $100. Has good reviews from other RFDers in the big garage door thread.

Number is (416) 459-4227, tell him you found him on RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)