[Lowe's] Chamberlain B750C Belt Drive Garage Door Opener $269

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 9:36 am
Tags:
None
Nov 9, 2005
564 posts
55 upvotes
Sent a text with the item info and image of the receipt and getting denied... Image can't be used to pricematched apparently.

Not sure how you guys got it matched via sms.
Apr 28, 2013
128 posts
28 upvotes
Brampton
thanks op, bought a new house and needed garage door openers couldn't ask for more perfect timing. i ended up ordering online on thursday thru live chat all they ask was url address from lowes with the chamberlain sale and they saw save the 15% 20% codes.in my case was save 20% as i was making a purchase of 499 or more so home depot honored it and gave me the extra 10% $437 all in picked it up in store yesterday with no issues
Dec 25, 2007
919 posts
191 upvotes
Cybersid wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 2:58 pm
Sent a text with the item info and image of the receipt and getting denied... Image can't be used to pricematched apparently.

Not sure how you guys got it matched via sms.
YMMV try another agent

Aaron did mine maybe ask for him online lol
Aug 16, 2014
216 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
pughball1 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 2:15 pm
Installed two this morning. $205 a piece. Replaced a couple chain drive. Thanks so much OP.

Now I have two 11 month old chain drives to get rid of.
Did the unit come with the security release key? Where you unlock it and it gives you access to the release cord for manual operation?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2383 posts
1054 upvotes
Barrie
JordanTO wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 7:57 pm
Did the unit come with the security release key? Where you unlock it and it gives you access to the release cord for manual operation?
Not sure what a security release key is, but it did come with the release cord for manual operation. I bought one to replace my Mastercraft that was 10 years old. Oddly enough the belt, track, sensors, wires and opener arm were identical to my 10 year old one so I literally just had to bolt on the opener to old track and plug in the wires and connect the wall mount. Easiest swap I ever did.
May 24, 2013
666 posts
113 upvotes
You need to buy a mounting bracket with this for ceiling mounting your opener. It's not included FYI
Aug 16, 2014
216 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
RunnerForDeals wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 8:20 pm
Not sure what a security release key is, but it did come with the release cord for manual operation. I bought one to replace my Mastercraft that was 10 years old. Oddly enough the belt, track, sensors, wires and opener arm were identical to my 10 year old one so I literally just had to bolt on the opener to old track and plug in the wires and connect the wall mount. Easiest swap I ever did.
Something like this. Attached a picture.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Nov 9, 2005
564 posts
55 upvotes
theBasher91 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 8:27 pm
You need to buy a mounting bracket with this for ceiling mounting your opener. It's not included FYI
Can anyone advise where to purchase a mounting bracket?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2383 posts
1054 upvotes
Barrie
Cybersid wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 9:21 pm
Can anyone advise where to purchase a mounting bracket?
I made my own. Just bought some Perforated Angle Iron and then cut it to length. https://www.rona.ca/en/angle-bar-perfor ... 4-13997768

You mount two "tracks" to the roof and them put two pieces hanging down and then secure those two together with a cross brace on an angle create a triangle.

something like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX425_.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1457 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
theBasher91 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 8:27 pm
i dont understand. where else would you mount the opener? the floor? the wall? am i missing something? legit confused.
May 24, 2013
666 posts
113 upvotes
Suthek wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 11:03 pm
i dont understand. where else would you mount the opener? the floor? the wall? am i missing something? legit confused.
I don't understand your confusion. It's intended to be mounted to the ceiling but they for some reason leave a bracket excluded, so you're forced to buy one. Not sure on their logic but it probably all comes down to cost. They provide two brackets, you need to purchase a third.
May 24, 2013
666 posts
113 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 11:03 pm
I made my own. Just bought some Perforated Angle Iron and then cut it to length. https://www.rona.ca/en/angle-bar-perfor ... 4-13997768

You mount two "tracks" to the roof and them put two pieces hanging down and then secure those two together with a cross brace on an angle create a triangle.

something like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX425_.jpg
Hey, I'll go get that tomorrow. How did you cut it?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1457 posts
801 upvotes
Calgary
theBasher91 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 11:10 pm
I don't understand your confusion. It's intended to be mounted to the ceiling but they for some reason leave a bracket excluded, so you're forced to buy one. Not sure on their logic but it probably all comes down to cost. They provide two brackets, you need to purchase a third.
oh I see. I guess I figured if no ceiling bracket were included, some sort of installation bracket would exist instead... and what would that bracket be. I was thinking maybe there's variants of ceiling brackets or something maaaaybe.
But thank you for the clarification.