• Sep 11th, 2019 9:36 am
Tags:
None
Dec 12, 2010
147 posts
67 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2019 2:25 pm
tempted, but my garage door opener is working well right now, have no reason to replace it, lol.
Both mine and my dads were working fine, but I replaced both anyway as this has several advantages over the standard ones that were installed in our houses..
Belt drive so much quieter
The wall button has a motion sensor that automatically turns on the lights
The wall button has a display that shows the garage temp
It has wifi so you can control the door anywhere, but also get notifications when its opened/closed
Has better range for the remotes (works further away in my usage)
Comes with outdoor keypad (my dads door didnt have one so he does now)
It has battery backup so it opens even when the elec is out (sure if you're on the inside you can just pull the release cord, but this helps if your outside too)
Aug 16, 2014
216 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
dazman09 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 1:56 am
Both mine and my dads were working fine, but I replaced both anyway as this has several advantages over the standard ones that were installed in our houses..
Belt drive so much quieter
The wall button has a motion sensor that automatically turns on the lights
The wall button has a display that shows the garage temp
It has wifi so you can control the door anywhere, but also get notifications when its opened/closed
Has better range for the remotes (works further away in my usage)
Comes with outdoor keypad (my dads door didnt have one so he does now)
It has battery backup so it opens even when the elec is out (sure if you're on the inside you can just pull the release cord, but this helps if your outside too)
Are you sure this model has battery backup? 750c ( the one on sale) doesn't state that. I know the more expensive model has the battery backup though. Which model did you purchase
Aug 29, 2013
706 posts
361 upvotes
Waterloo
I have a Chamberlain from 2008 and the sensors failed last winter. Replacement sensors were $60 but I called Chamberlain before ordering. They verified model and serial number and sent me a replacement set free of charge within a few days... Excellent customer service!
Dec 16, 2012
618 posts
231 upvotes
Barrie, ON
I've had this for a year, one of the best investments I made...tells you when your door opens and closes and with the app, you can open it from anywhere (I let the cleaning lady in when I'm not home) and unlike previous versions, it doesn't have the ghost opening which really turned me off to Chamberlain's wifi setup.

B :)
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
1713 posts
456 upvotes
Mississauga
dredd2099 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 10:32 am
apparently, my garage ceiling is too low for installation, from 2 different installers, heh
Look for the commercial openers which mount to the wall. I saw them at car dealerships..
May 24, 2013
666 posts
113 upvotes
JordanTO wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 5:58 am
Are you sure this model has battery backup? 750c ( the one on sale) doesn't state that. I know the more expensive model has the battery backup though. Which model did you purchase
B750c doesn't have battery backup. Perhaps they're thinking of the b970c
Aug 16, 2014
216 posts
208 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I'm returning a second one I purchased from home Depot. Won't use it. Total is $235 taxes in. If anyone is interested in buying locally let me know via pm before I return it. Oshawa area pickup

EDIT: Sold
Last edited by JordanTO on Sep 10th, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 11, 2012
348 posts
68 upvotes
Moon
SAVE15 is not working anymore. Anyone else with same issue?
Dec 8, 2009
199 posts
94 upvotes
London
I picked up two from HD over the weekend. SAVE15 and SAVE20 did not work so I went the HD route and saved 10% off the Lowes sale price.

I have two old original openers in the house we just bought that do not have an external keypad or the safety sensors (we have young kids). I definitely needed the upgrade.