• Dec 5th, 2019 6:41 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
12430 posts
2584 upvotes
learsid wrote:
Dec 4th, 2019 8:51 pm
Showing $400 on the website now. :(

Anyone have one they want to offload to me?
I hvent picked up mine..u wanna take over? In toronto
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
12430 posts
2584 upvotes
Sandman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2019 8:14 pm
Anyone changed you mind please let me know. More than happy to buy from you. Thanks.
I might change my mind..drop me a PM..i hvent picked up
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
12430 posts
2584 upvotes
adams7 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 11:20 pm
I've got a very similar Craftsman mower bought at Sears about 5 years ago, big rear wheels and same Honda engine with auto choke, zero problems, always starts easy. Mine has mulch mode, side discharge mode (useful when grass too tall for mulching), or rear bag. Neighbour has a slightly older version with small rear wheels, zero problems.

This is not a super powerful mower so I just try to mow when grass is dry and not very high.

Every year just change the oil, clean and sharpen the blade with a file, clean the spark plug and air filter, and scrape out the dried grass from underside and it should last a long time. Mine has a on/off fuel valve so I can just switch off the gas and run the engine dry to empty out the carburetor bowl for winter, so the carb doesn't get gunked up from stale gas.
So this does model has mulch mode, side discharge mode? I am looking for the mulch mode
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jul 30, 2012
324 posts
242 upvotes
adams7 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2019 11:20 pm
I've got a very similar Craftsman mower bought at Sears about 5 years ago, big rear wheels and same Honda engine with auto choke, zero problems, always starts easy. Mine has mulch mode, side discharge mode (useful when grass too tall for mulching), or rear bag. Neighbour has a slightly older version with small rear wheels, zero problems.

This is not a super powerful mower so I just try to mow when grass is dry and not very high.

Every year just change the oil, clean and sharpen the blade with a file, clean the spark plug and air filter, and scrape out the dried grass from underside and it should last a long time. Mine has a on/off fuel valve so I can just switch off the gas and run the engine dry to empty out the carburetor bowl for winter, so the carb doesn't get gunked up from stale gas.
This model is definitely only for light use, dry and shallow cut depths. A 160 cc motor is only equivalent to the older standard of 4.6 HP... As this deck appears to have no side discharge, moderate to heavy mulching will be an exercise in frustration. Likely not very good operation without a sharp (and kept sharp) blade. I tried a model with this Honda engine and was very disappointed. Now have a 6.5 HP B&S with side discharge option and efficiency is night and day to the Honda. B&S has been incredibly solid, has electric start but have never used. It starts on one pull. Keep in mind the harder you work a low HP small engine, the more likely you are to have premature engine wear and/or failure so the lower upfront cost may not lead to longevity.
Jul 27, 2008
366 posts
523 upvotes
Saw one in the South London Ontario Lowes today. It was still marked at $199.
Oct 5, 2005
90 posts
88 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought yesterday, website said it had 1 in stock in Toronto. Placed the order. Got call from Lowes that they cancelled my order because it was not in stock and refund would be 5-10 business days.
What customer experience, They sound like Rona cancelling orders because their inventory system is outdated. I'm better off at Home Depot.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4684 posts
1497 upvotes
Debtario
What a shitshow with customer service! Brantford had stock but couldn't find it... went OOS so my order got transferred to Brampton, meanwhile shows back in stock in Brantford. Called lowes.ca customer service, they told me they can't transfer orders, call Brampton. Called Brampton, said they can only cancel, told me to call lowes.ca CS and they'll honor the price if I re-buy in Brantford. CS said deal with the store managers, it's up to them if they want to honor the price. W T F - this is an order placed on Lowes.ca, mower is in Brantford but pickup is invoiced at another location, why can't they just move the order over to the store that has stock? It's not like they're putting anything on a truck to transfer between stores (which they have done before for me).

Going to call again tomorrow and hope I get more helpful CSRs.
sniper_ wrote:
Dec 4th, 2019 9:44 pm
Saw one in the South London Ontario Lowes today. It was still marked at $199.
Shows 11 available at that location, makes sense as it showed they had 18 during the deal.

EDIT: another CSR cancelled and allowed me to repurchase at the right location.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"