Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

DEWALT Air Tools - 41.5% off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2016 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

DEWALT Air Tools - 41.5% off

Savings:
41.5%
DeWalt Air tools are 35% off at Canadian Tire this coming week (starts tomorrow)....

BUT as we know, lowes will beat prices by 10%... The same tools are 30% off at lowes... so... since Canadian tire will have them for less you can get an additional 10% off at lowes...

NOTE... these were a couple dollars less last friday at the stay up and save event ... (worked out to 44% off...) but this is VERY close

I know nothing about Dewalt air tools but they seem semi-pro and have great reviews...

Any feedback as to the quality of these tools and how "HOT" this deal really is would be great

Here will be the prices (approx since Canadian tire did not start the sale yet...

impact Driver regular $249... Will be about $145 at Lowes after PM
https://www.lowes.ca/lowesca-promo-mega ... dewalt-air

Air Ratchet regular $149... Will be about $87 at Lowes after PM

Drill regular $119 ($109 CTC)... Will be about $63 at Lowes after PM

Die Grinder regular $119... Will be about $69 at Lowes after PM
Images
11 replies
Feb 12, 2012
48 posts
14 upvotes
Damn, too late...

Lowe's dropped their prices on all tools effectively canceling most of the price matching.

The impact wrench for example is now 179 instead of 249.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
stevenrav wrote: Damn, too late...

Lowe's dropped their prices on all tools effectively canceling most of the price matching.

The impact wrench for example is now 179 instead of 249.
I don't get it... if Canadian Tire's sale price is less then Lowes Sale price then Lowes should beat it...

I.e. the impact wrench is $179 at lowes and around $163 at Canadian tire... so... lowes should sell it for $145...

right??
Feb 12, 2012
48 posts
14 upvotes
priceman wrote: I don't get it... if Canadian Tire's sale price is less then Lowes Sale price then Lowes should beat it...

I.e. the impact wrench is $179 at lowes and around $163 at Canadian tire... so... lowes should sell it for $145...

right??
Wait. Is Lowe's price match the competitors price minus 10% or competitor's price minus 10% of the difference? If it's minus 10% of competitor's price then I stand corrected.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
stevenrav wrote: Wait. Is Lowe's price match the competitors price minus 10% or competitor's price minus 10% of the difference? If it's minus 10% of competitor's price then I stand corrected.
Here's an example...

If lowes sells something for $150...

and Canadian Tire sells it for $100

then lowes will sell it to you for $90

=)
Jul 28, 2011
256 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
priceman wrote: Here's an example...

If lowes sells something for $150...

and Canadian Tire sells it for $100

then lowes will sell it to you for $90

=)
Hm, not sure your calculation is correct? It's 10% of the difference?

$150-$100 = $50 (the difference)
$50 * 0.10 = $5 (10% of the difference)
$100 - $5 = $95 (final price)

You lowered the price by 10% of the lowest price, which means if someone is selling for $101 and Lowes for $100 you would still get it for $90, which is not correct.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8797 upvotes
Klikerko wrote: Hm, not sure your calculation is correct? It's 10% of the difference?

You lowered the price by 10% of the lowest price, which means if someone is selling for $101 and Lowes for $100 you would still get it for $90, which is not correct.
That's not right.. It's 10% of the lower purchase price as per Lowe's Price Match Policy.

However... Keep in mind that the 10% only applies to retail stores and does not include clearance/liquidation/limited quantity sales. They will only match and not beat the price if it's a sale.

"Price match for retail stores plus an additional 10%

We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find an identical item currently offered for less at a local competitor's store or website (including shipping, handling and fees, if applicable), we will match their price and beat it by 10%.

Competitor close-out, errors or misprints, discontinued, clearance, liquidation, special order, damaged items, delivery, assembly, financing offers, Cyber Monday prices, Black Friday prices, Boxing Day/Week, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, and limited or minimum quantity offers, and installation labour are excluded from this offer."
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Klikerko wrote: Hm, not sure your calculation is correct? It's 10% of the difference?

it's not 10% of the difference, it's 10% less then the lowest price.

I have done price matching at lowes Many times...

they have always given me 10% off the lowest price...

Home Depot is the same.

if lowes or Home Depot sells something for $101 and Canadian tire sells it fit $100 then Yes... Lowes and Home Depot will both give it to you for $90

done this MANY times at multiple locations... never an issue, they are always happy to do it...
Jul 28, 2011
256 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
priceman wrote: it's not 10% of the difference, it's 10% less then the lowest price.
Dam, I think I'm going to be shopping there more now. I assumed the policy is the same as BB, because HD didn't give me 10% off when I purchased snow blower no price match, but I do remember customer service stuff discussing between them about including additional 10%. I was like "who cares about a few bucks", but it turns out it was much more.
Jan 22, 2014
763 posts
577 upvotes
How hard is it to go and read the policies instead of speculating here?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
priceman wrote: DeWalt Air tools are 35% off at Canadian Tire this coming week (starts tomorrow)....

BUT as we know, lowes will beat prices by 10%... The same tools are 30% off at lowes... so... since Canadian tire will have them for less you can get an additional 10% off at lowes...

NOTE... these were a couple dollars less last friday at the stay up and save event ... (worked out to 44% off...) but this is VERY close

I know nothing about Dewalt air tools but they seem semi-pro and have great reviews...

Any feedback as to the quality of these tools and how "HOT" this deal really is would be great

Here will be the prices (approx since Canadian tire did not start the sale yet...

impact Driver regular $249... Will be about $145 at Lowes after PM

Air Ratchet regular $149... Will be about $87 at Lowes after PM

Drill regular $119 ($109 CTC)... Will be about $63 at Lowes after PM

Die Grinder regular $119... Will be about $69 at Lowes after PM
650 ft.-lbs. on that impact wrench is awesome.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kirkhammett wrote: How hard is it to go and read the policies instead of speculating here?
the thread is supposed to be about the dewalt tools =)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)