Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

DELTA FL - 105 Square Foot Roll $48

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 11:32 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 23, 2006
355 posts
69 upvotes

DELTA FL - 105 Square Foot Roll $48

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
October 8, 2014
This is part of the two for one deal but actually rings up at $48. Good deal if anyone is doing a basement reno and needs to lay a subfloor. From the research I have done this stuff is as good a dricore but about 30% cheaper.

I was actually hoping to price match for $59.99 with Rona to get some additional savings but couldn't because it rang up at $48 I couldn't.
34 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1944 posts
439 upvotes
Barrie
Used this in my basement, if you're laying laminate you don't need to add plywood. You can lay this straight over the delta FL, and it really does make the floor much warmer due to the air gap between the concrete and the laminate.
Amex Business Platinum, Personal Platinum, Bonvoy, Aeroplan
May 30, 2006
481 posts
393 upvotes
I used this also. The biggest advantage I found after researching this and Dricore is that if your floor is not level it is easy to shim Dricore. You can't do this with Delta FL. I ended up having some low areas and when you step on them the floor flexes and there is a clack sound because the cement and Delta tap each other. And this was with 12mm laminate. Not a huge deal for me though. I also had put the white foam sheet between the Delta and the laminate, I wonder if I could have also put a layer of the white foam between the cement and the Delta to eliminate the noise.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
tylerc wrote: Used this in my basement, if you're laying laminate you don't need to add plywood. You can lay this straight over the delta FL, and it really does make the floor much warmer due to the air gap between the concrete and the laminate.
+1, used this for laminate flooring on the basement and the air gap is a great insulator.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1037 posts
480 upvotes
nextguy wrote: I used this also. The biggest advantage I found after researching this and Dricore is that if your floor is not level it is easy to shim Dricore. You can't do this with Delta FL. I ended up having some low areas and when you step on them the floor flexes and there is a clack sound because the cement and Delta tap each other. And this was with 12mm laminate. Not a huge deal for me though. I also had put the white foam sheet between the Delta and the laminate, I wonder if I could have also put a layer of the white foam between the cement and the Delta to eliminate the noise.
The foam is a big must-do. I had engineered hardwood on Delta without the foam and it was very annoying.
Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
Don't bother with this stuff.
12mm laminate can be put in the basement directly on concrete. Just use 6-mil plastic underlayment from Home Depot.
It is good enough and won't bounce/click as much on uneven areas.
Mar 29, 2013
10 posts
9 upvotes
Regina
Great product. Used this in my entire basement. Use landscape fabric underneath to get rid of clicking.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1037 posts
480 upvotes
mikewgs wrote: Great product. Used this in my entire basement. Use landscape fabric underneath to get rid of clicking.
Thats what I had... landscape fabric. Not good enough, still heard the popping and crunching even though floors were even.
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
yp_1 wrote: Don't bother with this stuff.
12mm laminate can be put in the basement directly on concrete. Just use 6-mil plastic underlayment from Home Depot.
It is good enough and won't bounce/click as much on uneven areas.
There is a science behind having a gap between the concrete floor and the next layer above. It has to do with creating a thermo break. So unless you truly know what you are talking about please don't share your misinformation.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
3581 posts
2795 upvotes
Pothole city
Shimming is done using small patch of Delta-Fl (Lego effect).
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
Miguel wrote: The foam is a big must-do. I had engineered hardwood on Delta without the foam and it was very annoying.
What type of foam do you recommend? I was actually going for the landscaping fabric method initially but I don't want clicking.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2004
1163 posts
791 upvotes
Miguel wrote: Thats what I had... landscape fabric. Not good enough, still heard the popping and crunching even though floors were even.
Interesting, I had used this flooring in my basement, and put down the landscape fabric first, and don't hear clicking from the Delta to the concrete at all. I definitely have some areas that are more than the 1/4" or whatever they called for in max difference in heights, and although I have creaking of the laminate from the downward motion, I don't have clicking during contact with the concrete.

In the family room I also put floor heating down, which luckily had the same base material as my underlayment so I didn't have to stack, and it makes a nice difference also. There's a thread talking about using the brown outdoor Delta rolls, but we found there to be way too much off-gassing, so we spent a bit more and went with the Delta FL.
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
for those concerned with clicking, here is another product from homedepot that may help.
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/dmx-1-s ... qft/813313

I would be all over this product (DMX) but the cost is relatively more expensive.

on the delta fl, home hardware has the larger rolls (which means less taping/connecting, and less seams/better protection). unfortunately the cost is high (i.e. not on sale).

I have 280 pieces of dricore ordered and waiting for delivery in two weeks (paid $5.39 each) but will be refunding it due to the exposed seams on all four sides of the board when connected.
Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
KennyC wrote: There is a science behind having a gap between the concrete floor and the next layer above. It has to do with creating a thermo break. So unless you truly know what you are talking about please don't share your misinformation.
Really? This is a free forum and everybody is entitled to have an opinion.
Science... Give me a break...
Many people doing it the way I described and don't have any problems for decades. Granted there is no real moisture problem in their basements.
Talk to any hardware/laminate floor installer, Einstein. I did.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2461 posts
949 upvotes
Halton
They use to be brown... Did they recently change the color?
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
Fire wrote: They use to be brown... Did they recently change the color?
They still do have the brown one...its Delta MS. e.g. from homehardware here
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1359 posts
870 upvotes
GTA
KennyC wrote: I have 280 pieces of dricore ordered and waiting for delivery in two weeks (paid $5.39 each) but will be refunding it due to the exposed seams on all four sides of the board when connected.
Can you expand on the problem with Dricore seams?
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
theSPOOLER wrote: Can you expand on the problem with Dricore seams?
Here is a guy who did some research on the dricore. could be an isolated incident but i doubt it.

Here is a video comparing dricore to a product similar to delta fl (i.e. dmx 1-step). this video is done by the dmx manufacturer. sure he is over selling here but the video does in fact contain factual information.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1617 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
So I tried to PM with Rona yesterday but had the hardest time because the UPC doesn't match Lowes. The product is the same but the packaging is different. I managed to get rolls @ $50 per at Rona + 4x airmiles though after saying I'll just leave and pick it up at Lowes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)