Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Duracell NiMh 4XAA Pre-Charged Battery (Blister Pack) 7.19

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2015 12:07 am
Tags:
None
21 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15212 posts
1670 upvotes
Markham
any battery experts know if these are rebranded eneloops?
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
If the description is accurate and they are 1700mAh then they are not eneloop
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
I really missed the sales at SDM. With P&G coupon, I think they were as cheap as $3 a pack for the white cap. I did buy a couple of that black cap batteries that came with a charger. Amazingly they work fine.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21828 posts
15583 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Regardless if they are rebranded eneloops or not, they are low self discharge batteries so you'll get most of benefits of eneloops even if they aren't.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: I really missed the sales at SDM. With P&G coupon, I think they were as cheap as $3 a pack for the white cap. I did buy a couple of that black cap batteries that came with a charger. Amazingly they work fine.
Yeah, I got many of the SDM Duraloops when they were on sales a few years ago...but now we have second generation Eneloops with double the charging limits and higher charge capacity...and I don't think Duracell is making any of those new generation Eneloops under it's brand anymore.

It was fun while it lasted...but anyway...AmazonBasics and the AmazonBasics High Capacity are basically second generation rebranded eneloops...so at least we have another replacement for the Duraloops....it's these new Amaloops! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
davyasdf wrote: is it white cap?
If it's not a white cap it will not be rebranded Eneloops for sure...and they will be made in China instead of Japan.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1094 posts
322 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: If it's not a white cap it will not be rebranded Eneloops for sure...and they will be made in China instead of Japan.
I got some AA from another store late last year that were made in Japan but black top. Working amazing so far.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
catpurrcat wrote: I got some AA from another store late last year that were made in Japan but black top. Working amazing so far.
Never heard of black-top Japan-made Duracells before.

Were they Duracells?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1094 posts
322 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Never heard of black-top Japan-made Duracells before.

Were they Duracells?
Yes, green body and black top.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
catpurrcat wrote: Yes, green body and black top.
What store did you get them from?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
DrPoopee79 wrote: Check it out.... Panasonics, maybe same as eneloops?

http://www.lowes.ca/batteries/panasonic ... ductSlot=3
eneloops have more recharges available, so while panasonic does own sanyo (eneloop) these are not eneloops, i also used some of these batteries years ago before they were low self discharge, they were ok
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29462 posts
20372 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: Never heard of black-top Japan-made Duracells before.

Were they Duracells?
The black top ones were made in China and came with a charger. Just saying those batteries aren't bad at all. They too hold a charge quite well and have pretty good capacity. I have quite of a few of those in use. Frankly, it is hard to tell that they are inferior to the white top ones. They too sold for ridiculously low price with P&G coupon.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: The black top ones were made in China and came with a charger. Just saying those batteries aren't bad at all. They too hold a charge quite well and have pretty good capacity. I have quite of a few of those in use. Frankly, it is hard to tell that they are inferior to the white top ones. They too sold for ridiculously low price with P&G coupon.
Yes, I know that...and that is why I was telling him/her that I never heard of a black top back in those days by Duracell that were made in Japan...they are only made in China.

I never bought the black-top ones with the Charger (I have 4 or 5 Eneloop chargers already)...because I wanted the original Japanese ones. Besides the black ones were not getting very good reviews one by those who were using them/bought them.

So I stayed away. Why buy a Chinese made one when you can get the original made in Japan ones?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
catpurrcat wrote: From this thread: staples-duracell-rechargeable-batteries ... a-1580011/

Also contains a post that clarifies black and white top battery
Ok, so that means that you got them from Staples...and by the way the black tops are not the regular Eneloops/Duraloops that we see as those always have white tops...so they are the high capacity Eneloops XX...that is why the are made in Japan. Just a clarification...but regular Eneloops/Duraloops always have white tops and are made in Japan....and the black tops of them are another Chinese brand.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)