Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

GE Link Smart LED Bulbs, 10W BR30/12W A19, Clearance $2.49/$1.99 (90% off))

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2018 10:06 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2013
1119 posts
1184 upvotes
AB
chriscabob wrote: That’s cause the GE bulbs don’t change colour like the Sylvania Lightify ones. But great to hear they will pair with the Sylvania hub
Can anyone confirm if the sengled bulbs work with this?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Just to be clear when people are saying change color they mean the temperature range for white from yellowish to Bright White not like the Philips Hue's color bulbs that can do lots of colors
Dec 16, 2017
25 posts
92 upvotes
I grabbed 2 of each kind of the GE in store today, as I was picking up the 15 Sylviania OSRAMs that I ordered last night online as I was in Lowes. They still had some of these in Victoria at Millstream. The Phillips Hue bridge recognizes these (GE) right away. Got every light in the house converted to smart bulbs on the cheap now! Thanks everyone for the heads up! The Osrams do not connect right away, and I'll have to do a little more research on how to connect them to the hue bridge.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1265 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
Do these work with Rogers Home Monitoring? it's zigbee but they lock some bulbs like the ikea. system seems them but won't let you add them.
Jan 17, 2012
547 posts
617 upvotes
Red Deer
Lanella wrote: $3.99 at my store in Red Deer AB. Still a good deal though, I picked up two. Thanks OP.
I’m about to hit the store tomorrow and grab some too. Hey I heard that Rona on the south end has 25%-50% off since they are closing, if you’re looking for more deals
Dec 19, 2008
296 posts
242 upvotes
Can confirm that these will work with either the philips hue 2.0 bridge or the Sylvania Lightify hub
Aug 11, 2014
48 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did not see any at Warden and Eglinton store.
Nov 21, 2013
95 posts
73 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
That is true.

If you need a real color changing light source, most of them are the light stripes.
Jun 24, 2005
745 posts
131 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I ordered 4 of the A19 bulbs yesterday online and picked them up from the Brampton North store for less than $7.19 taxes in.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2009
1224 posts
1331 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered some for pick up in Calgary. It went through but got a call saying they don’t have inventory. Oh well.
Jan 8, 2008
228 posts
95 upvotes
Thanks OP, got a bunch - they work great with smart things - much brighter than the LED lights they replaced. The lowest dim setting is a bit too bright for my liking and the base does run quite hot, but for the price it was no brainer.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Gotta love it when a 10% sales gets reversed into 10% of price.

Wish they had more A19s around. The BR30s were just took big for my tracks.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
For these to work, do you have to leave all the switches in the on positions?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For these to work, do you have to leave all the switches in the on positions?
Yes. Unless you have smart switches. But then you don't need smart bulbs.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: For these to work, do you have to leave all the switches in the on positions?
yup
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
ceredon wrote: yup
So basically it can only be controlled by the app. Is this even a good idea for high traffic areas especially if you have a lot of guests? The only place I've seen this type of bulb is in kitchens.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: So basically it can only be controlled by the app. Is this even a good idea for high traffic areas especially if you have a lot of guests? The only place I've seen this type of bulb is in kitchens.
Or voice with Google Home/Echo
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: So basically it can only be controlled by the app. Is this even a good idea for high traffic areas especially if you have a lot of guests? The only place I've seen this type of bulb is in kitchens.
I generally don't like the idea of smart bulbs or wall plugs because of that and have mostly installed switches instead, but switches aren't cheap. There are a few places I've installed the bulbs where I don't care about controlling them remotely for the most part, unless we are going to be out of the house overnight or multiple days. Then they are handy to just leave the switch on and let Wink rotate their on/off schedule to appear to be home.

But yeah, as soon as someone forgets and turns the switch off, they are useless. I installed a bunch of ecosmart connected bulbs at my dad's when he was going to be away for a couple weeks and they were useless once someone else accidentally turned off the switch.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
with light off, what is the power drain of bulb in the ON position 24/7?
May 3, 2006
285 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
ceredon wrote: But yeah, as soon as someone forgets and turns the switch off, they are useless. I installed a bunch of ecosmart connected bulbs at my dad's when he was going to be away for a couple weeks and they were useless once someone else accidentally turned off the switch.
Maybe something like this would help?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00DUBOSTA