Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Greenworks Trimmer & blower $99 deal

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2018 10:54 pm
Sep 26, 2004
170 posts
199 upvotes

[Lowe's] Greenworks Trimmer & blower $99 deal

Saw this deal on the front page of the Lowes flyer.
It is a Greenworks cordless 24V grass trimmer & blower with a free extra battery along with a $25 gift card for first 40 customers.
Bought this package this morning and both items work great and the batteries take under an hour to charge.
I trimmed the grass and blew out the garage and driveway and the battery is still at half power.
Total with tax was $111.87 and I have the $25 gift card, making my net price $86.87
It also has a 4 year warranty and 4 air miles
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 7th, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer
Waterloo, Ontario
44 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1667 posts
1590 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
Looks like a great deal! Thanks for the post OP. Wondering: Is the $25 GC that comes with this package a regular Lowe's GC with no expiry date or is it one of those special "promo cards" that have a short time limit in which to use it? Also, does it apply to the first 40 customers of the day in store or the first 40 customers that buy this particular package per store?

Edit: Just checked Lowes.ca online flyer and it shows the $25 card as being a "Savings Card" valid from June 7 to June 17, 2018 rather than a GC. It also states the $25 Savings Card is available for basically the first 40 combo trimer/blower packages sold per store.
Sep 23, 2003
678 posts
228 upvotes
montward wrote: Looks like a great deal! Thanks for the post OP. Wondering: Is the $25 GC that comes with this package a regular Lowe's GC with no expiry date or is it one of those special "promo cards" that have a short time limit in which to use it? Also, does it apply to the first 40 customers of the day in store or the first 40 customers that buy this particular package per store?

Edit: Just checked Lowes.ca online flyer and it shows the $25 card as being a "Savings Card" valid from June 7 to June 17, 2018 rather than a GC. It also states the $25 Savings Card is available for basically the first 40 combo trimer/blower packages sold per store.
Promo card - for use 7/7 to 7/17 i think
cannot stack with other coupon while using the card if this is the same as the last few saving card promo (for example the save the tax event didn't stack with savings card....system won't allow both to scan)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
Minimum purchase amount to use the $25 savings card? I presume I can't use two in one purchase for a $50 item for example?
Last edited by I RFD on Jun 7th, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Jun 25, 2011
193 posts
300 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the quality of the trimmer? Reading online reviews and lot of them are complaining about the automatic feedline not working and string breaking After using it for few mins.
Sep 23, 2003
678 posts
228 upvotes
I RFD wrote: Minimum purchase amount to use the $25 savings card?
$25 pre-tax..

wanted to point out....the $199 original price stated by lowes seems quite inflated as their US website lists the item at $99 msrp...
and other brand's like B&D have these trimmers around the $100 range alto i can't tell the difference in quality
Jan 8, 2018
138 posts
138 upvotes
$99 is very common price for a trimmer/blower combo. We see this periodically across various brands (B&D, Kobalt etc.). This is a decent deal if you can get your hands on the $25 GC
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
miksterz1 wrote: $99 is very common price for a trimmer/blower combo. We see this periodically across various brands (B&D, Kobalt etc.).
Still not a bad deal here because you get 2 batteries
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago when it was $169 with no tax and a $100 gift certificate. I have used it about 4 times so far and am pretty happy with it.
Sep 23, 2003
678 posts
228 upvotes
boonjaca wrote: I picked this up a couple of weeks ago when it was $169 with no tax and a $100 gift certificate. I have used it about 4 times so far and am pretty happy with it.
was it during the deal of the day + save the tax week? just wondering..did the last promo include 1 or 2 batts?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2393 posts
2116 upvotes
Waterloo
"Lowes savings card $25 value. Valid June 7 to 17th with a minimum purchase of of $25."
Jan 29, 2005
153 posts
22 upvotes
Tried to order online and asked the live chat if online orders qualify for the $25 promo card. It does NOT. Must buy in store apparently.
Oct 23, 2011
239 posts
196 upvotes
Awesome deal ! $99 -$25 gift card -$79 ( free battery) =$5 profit + trimmer/ blower for free
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1529 posts
294 upvotes
According to reviews on amazon.com, the battery only lasts 15 minutes for each charge.
Oct 18, 2015
388 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You also get an extra battery when you bring the kit.

FREE ADDITIONAL GREENWORKS 24V BATTERY When you buy one Greenworks 24-Volt String Trimmer and Axial Blower Combo Kit

So, 99 (74 if you can get the cash card) and an extra battery (supposedly a $75 value, I doubt it) makes this virtually free.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1667 posts
1590 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
antzz wrote: $25 pre-tax..

wanted to point out....the $199 original price stated by lowes seems quite inflated as their US website lists the item at $99 msrp...
and other brand's like B&D have these trimmers around the $100 range alto i can't tell the difference in quality
The original price in the Lowes Canada flyer may seem inflated, true enough, but keep in mind that the $99 msrp you reference is in US dollars....add to that another $50 US for the free extra battery and that puts the price up to well over $200 CDN if one were to purchase in the US .....either way, this certainly is a great deal for $83.62 CDN (after using $25 savings card in the purchase + 13% HST (ON) ) and getting the bonus battery on top!

Personally, I think this is a really decent deal ....especially if you can take advantage of the $25 Savings Card they apply to the purchase. Thanks again for the heads up on this great deal OP!!
Last edited by montward on Jun 7th, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
antzz wrote: was it during the deal of the day + save the tax week? just wondering..did the last promo include 1 or 2 batts?
Yes it was deal of the day for Saturday. It included only one battery. Worked out for me as I had some stuff to buy afterwards anyhow.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
Don't forget to sign up for email subscription to get another $10 off...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)