Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Thermostat - $99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2018 7:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
volt2017 wrote: If I buy the Honeywell T5 on sale for $99 then apply for the Enbridge gas rebate without actually installing the thermostat. Would Enbridge still issue the $100 rebate? Since it would not cost hardly anything, I could keep the T5 as a spare or maybe install at a later date.

Update
Never mind the installation has to be verified in order to receive the rebate.
Just wondering how would Enbridge verify the installation unless they actually come over and look at it or is there any other way.
rajojomanik
Sep 30, 2017
29 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
rajojomanik wrote: Just wondering how would Enbridge verify the installation unless they actually come over and look at it or is there any other way.
You log into you nest/eco bee/Honeywell account through the rebate website
Last edited by B787B777 on Oct 19th, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2458 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
Was able to pricemartch at Home Depot and also apply an instant $10 dollar rebate (Ontario) at the cash register. All in paid $91. Thanks op!
Feb 19, 2017
124 posts
37 upvotes
rajojomanik wrote: Just wondering how would Enbridge verify the installation unless they actually come over and look at it or is there any other way.
I was wondering the same thing. I suppose Enbridge could be verify using serial # and connect to Honeywell thermostat and check status. Not sure
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9451 posts
11814 upvotes
Calgary
I don’t think the Alberta program has any verification of install.
Dec 2, 2014
562 posts
679 upvotes
Calgary, AB
bkushner wrote: I don’t think the Alberta program has any verification of install.
They don't, my rebate got approved before I even got the product
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1524 posts
393 upvotes
Mississauga
seafish wrote: OOS? Shipping is not available when adding to cart.
Yeah, I noticed that too right now. One at Scarborough and that's it near me. I waited too long to think about this. :(
One difference is that Lowe's had the $10 coupon once you reached $100. Another is the return period. From what I read, 90 days vs 14 days.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
I purchased from Lowes but then realized I can get it $10 cheaper by PMing at Home Depot so purchased one from Home Depot :)

I'll use the Lowes receipt for the rebate, but keep the Home Depot one for install. Just in case they make a big fuss that I paid $90 for the HD one when they are giving us $100 rebate :P
Sep 20, 2015
150 posts
39 upvotes
Brantford, ON
My gas supplier is Union Gas. I checked their website and couldn't find anything about rebates for thermostat. I did notice under Union Gas it says "An Enbridge company" wonder if I can apply under the enbridge link?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
frankyCrankie wrote: you can get the rebate twice per household
Interesting....buy 2, get 2 rebates, return 1, profit?
Jan 12, 2006
829 posts
537 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thanks OP. Price matched with Home Depot.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: Interesting....buy 2, get 2 rebates, return 1, profit?
I think you missed the part where the unit has to be installed in order to get the rebate.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2142 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
boyoflondon wrote: I think you missed the part where the unit has to be installed in order to get the rebate.
For Alberta, there is no verification it has to be installed to get the rebate. Just says buy product, upload receipt, if it qualifies, rebate sent in 6-8 weeks. But I was reading through their Terms/Conditions and this is what I found,

6.4 It is the Applicant’s responsibility to contact EEA Customer Service to notify of the return of a qualifying product purchase used to receive an incentive as part of the Program. Returns of qualifying products will be monitored and Applicants that do not declare their refunds may be disqualified from participating in further incentive programs. This responsibility stands for 12 months post purchase date.

I'm sure some people will abuse this rebate system. But just pointing out a loophole of sorts.
Oct 2, 2011
611 posts
600 upvotes
London
When I tried my postal code, it just tells you that you are in a Union Gas area and redirects you to the UG site.

No luck.
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thanks OP. Got one.

Now the challenge is installation. Saw couple of videos on youtube and now scared because of the C wire. I just bought my first home 2 months back and really dont want to touch any wires as I am scared I might end up screwing up things. Thinking of getting someone from Kijiji to install. Knowing nothing about DIY for houses, should I give it a try installation my self?? What do you all suggest?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
ClarkMan wrote: Now the challenge is installation. Saw couple of videos on youtube and now scared because of the C wire. I just bought my first home 2 months back and really dont want to touch any wires as I am scared I might end up screwing up things. Thinking of getting someone from Kijiji to install. Knowing nothing about DIY for houses, should I give it a try installation my self?? What do you all suggest?
It's not difficult at all, they just tend to be overly cryptic in labeling simple wires: 2 wires to control your furnace on/off and a separate C wire that provides 24vdc power to power the thermostat. Maybe another wire for independent control of the fan in some cases. Plus a couple more for the air conditioning if you have air conditioning. All low voltage, safe to touch. Just examine your existing wires and how they are connected to the existing thermostat. Look at the instructions and watch the videos. Write down the connections and make sure you understand. Then go for it. If any problems, no harm done, go back and read again.
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Faith24 wrote: It's not difficult at all, they just tend to be overly cryptic in labeling simple wires: 2 wires to control your furnace on/off and a separate C wire that provides 24vdc power to power the thermostat. Maybe another wire for independent control of the fan in some cases. Plus a couple more for the air conditioning if you have air conditioning. All low voltage, safe to touch. Just examine your existing wires and how they are connected to the existing thermostat. Look at the instructions and watch the videos. Write down the connections and make sure you understand. Then go for it. If any problems, no harm done, go back and read again.
Thanks very much. Will be trying it over the weekend :)
Nov 13, 2013
571 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
reyoasian wrote: What was the $10 rebate?
EDIT: ohhhhh, the energy saving $10 rebate
Do you mind sharing link for the $10 off rebate coupon? Looked up online but didnt find it. Thanks for your help.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)