Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

HOT Mr. Beams 180-Degree 1-Head White Led Motion-Activated Flood Light $14.50

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 2:37 pm
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes

[Lowe's] HOT Mr. Beams 180-Degree 1-Head White Led Motion-Activated Flood Light $14.50

Was looking for an alternative to hardwire lighting in a closet. This item was ranked one of the best and is a reputable brand.
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Uses four C batteries which are not included.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
MakeItCheap wrote: Here buy these, most things do use batteries, and included ones are always garbage

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00MH4QI2 ... ref=plSrch
Agreed on both counts, but C and D cell batteries are becoming more and more uncommon. AAs would have been nice rather than Cs because virtually everyone has them already and can be purchased as rechargeable if so desired. The downside to AAs is that Cs and Ds last much longer.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Nov 30th, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2236 upvotes
GTA
There are motion detection bulbs (either socket or outlet plug type) can be had for $5 ~ $7 shipped - I got about 5 of them.

If there is no socket or outlet in those areas, there are ones run on either AA or AAA (much cheaper both reg. Alkaline or rechargable) and cost $5 again.
Last edited by DragOnT on Nov 30th, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5729 upvotes
Is this good for outdoor?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
SizzleChest wrote: Agreed on both counts, but C and D cell batteries are becoming more and more uncommon. AAs would have been nice rather than Cs because virtually everyone has them already and can be purchased as rechargeable is so desired. The downside to AAs is that Cs and Ds last much longer.
A while ago... dollarama had similar motion sensor lights that used 3 double As... i should have bought more.
still bought one here though...
Nov 21, 2016
460 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
Isnt this a better deal? https://www.********.com/night-lights/p ... tml?wid=21 (Xiaomi yeelight USB Powered Small Night Light - WARM WHITE LIGHT 2222574) (the link gets deleted by RFD)

It can be charged through your phone cable. They claim 120 days of battery once charged.
It has a hook, so it can be hung.
It can be stuck anywhere u want.
Apart from the rechargeable battery, it has the same functionality. I had ordered 2 and it works real good. I am planning to order 2 more.
Only downside - It took 1 month to arrive.
Last edited by sacthegreat666 on Nov 30th, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1844 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
DragOnT wrote: There are motion detection bulbs (either socket or outlet plug type) can be had for $5 ~ $7 shipped - I got about 5 of them.

If there is no socket or outlet in those areas, there are ones run on either AA or AAA (much cheaper both reg. Alkaline or rechargable) and cost $5 again.
link?
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
I've bought cheaper light bars, puck style, battery light strips That all used AA and AAA batteries. Mr Beams is the best ranked closet light by techradar , Engadget, and others. I am sick of these Chinese knockoff crap that has no quaility control and no real CSA, UL. Obviously posting garbage that costs $2 on eBay or ge@rbest is not what I was looking for. this product is ranked, reviewed , certified and 50% Off.this product NEEDS C batteries as it is a Flood LED.
Last edited by MakeItCheap on Nov 30th, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2864 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a couple of these two years ago from Lowes when they had a similar deal for the shady side of the cottage (where solar lights would be useless) and can tell you they work very well. Lots of light, good range and if it's not 180 degree sweep it's close to it. I've got two summers' use out of the batteries and they aren't dead yet. So, highly recommended.
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
Back
Product Overview
100 lumen battery operated motion sensing LED ceiling light
No wires - quick and easy installation in less than five minutes
Built in timers & sensors extend battery life for a year or more
Model #: MB980
Sku #: 1000548206
Internet #: 205403778
Easily and instantly light dark closets, showers and sheds with the Mr Beams Ceiling Light. The powerful light provides essential hands-free lighting around the home in areas like closets, showers and storage areas. Motion activation and auto shut off help prolong battery life while ensuring you have instant light when you need it. Easily install the battery-powered light in minutes to increase safety and convenience in your home – no wires, no electrician.
100 lumens of light that cover 260 square feet
Motion activation from 20 feet with 30-second auto shut off helps prolong battery life
Wireless installation takes less than 5 minutes with the included mounting hardware
Provides one year of light on each set of 4 C-cell batteries with average use of 8-10 activations a day (batteries not included)
Durable, weatherproof housing allows the light to withstand outdoor and shower applications
A Mr Beams original and customer favorite provides convenient hands-free lighting
Perfect for closets, showers, sheds, porches and storage areas
Brighten up with the right light fixtures. Check out our Buying Guide for helpful tips.
Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
kiasu wrote: Is this good for outdoor?
Can be used in showers , sheds and patio. Seems ok for outdoor to me
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Hanif wrote: how does it stick to the ceiling?
It isn't meant to be stuck to the ceiling although double sided sticky tape probably would work. There is a bracket that is fastened to the ceiling with screws. The light then fastens to the bracket just like a smoke alarm.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2917 posts
3111 upvotes
Markham
OP: Thank you for the deal and Battery link to Amazon.
Great work..
-------
Thank you