Expired Hot Deals

[KitchenAid] Lowe's - Kitchenaid Pro 600 Mixer - $298 today only -$50 MIR (PM@BB? $257.80-$50MIR)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2012 12:49 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1387 posts
446 upvotes
Kanata, ON
ezack wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:04 pm
Ordered through Sears after failing with Bestbuy.

Here's what i did.
Step 1: Use RFD's sears.ca 1.25% cash back.
Step 2: Place order through sears.ca with free shipping
Step 3: Call Sears' Customer Support 1-800-664-1888.
Step 4: Get them to note the order for pm with Lowes and the 10% difference($267.80 after pm).
Step 5: Apply $50 off 200 coupon 941612153.
Step 6: Call back once the mixer is delivered the for price adjustment.

Final price: Pm price --->$267.80 - $50(coupon)= $217.80 + tax. With rebate it should be around $167.80 + tax
MarvinMartian wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:15 pm
Do they not PM right away with the 10%, why do you have to call back in Step 6? This is a one-day sale, will there be any issues when you call back, or is this what step 4 is for, so they note it on your file or something? If you price match after you apply the $50 off 200 coupon, do they pricematch between that now lower price and Lowe's? I'd love to try this out, will it work?
ezack wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:41 pm
No, they don't pm right away. It's just Sears policy, price adjustments are only made once the items are delivered.

Hopefully I won't have any trouble in 3 weeks... but that's why step 4 is there. All sales aren't indefinite, so with Sears policy this was the best course of action. Called back to make sure and 2nd agent confirmed that my price would be honoured.

Step 5, adding the coupon here is more beneficial. Here's how its noted on my order. Pm Lowe for $298 with 10%off making it 267.8 and apply coupon for another $50 off.
cho1104 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:59 pm
ezack's option will only work if you order by Sears card, to be protected by price match guarantee plus

by other payment methods that is protected by price match guarantee has an excluded list:
Excludes Major Appliances, Sewing Machines, Vacuum Cleaners, Home Furnishings, Small Appliances, Furniture, Mattresses and Electronics.

https://secure.sears.ca/customer-suppor ... hGuarantee
Thanks so much for all the info! I called Sears (1-800-26SEARS) and they put my order through. They didn't have Nickle Pearl left, so they gave me a different colour, even though Lowe's is only for the Nickle Pearl. I read through the Price Protection Plus plan with them, and they agreed that the 10% should be applied on the difference, but that it didn't specify that it had to be on the sears card, so mine went on Visa. Wording says Price Protection Plan is for 90 days after purchase on your sears cc, but for 30 days with all other tenders, and includes "appliances". It doesn't specify or exclude "small" or "large" appliances, so technically all "appliances" are included.

They noted on my order that the Lowe's price was 298, and I'm to call in after I receive the mixer to to the PM. My order was placed for $559.99 - $50 coupon code = $509.99 + tax, so I'm not sure if this was done the right way or not. Will then now do a PM between $559.99 and $298, and then apply the $50 coupon code after I call, or will they PM between the new price of $509.99 and $298 (and I will actually be worse off by quoting the coupon code)?

Should be delivered in about a week and a half, just in time for my wife's Christmas present so she can bake be some Christmas cookies. :) (just kidding! first thing we're going to do is start making our own bread. CT also has their loaf pans 50% off this week!)

Thanks ezack!
Jan 8, 2007
288 posts
21 upvotes
I tried phoning Sears to modify my order, and they said it couldn't be changed once placed. I can only get price adjustments at time of pickup, so says the customer service rep. Any advice? I'd like to get this as squared away as possible today.
Thanks!
Mar 4, 2007
75 posts
30 upvotes
Although it sounds good, you have to be lucky to end up with that price. I was going to do that, but right before completing the order I spoke with two Sears customer support agents. They said to bring the purchase statement into a store when the item is delivered along with a printout of the lowes webpage. They will then credit/refund me the difference between the price I paid and the advertised price, plus 10% of the difference. When checking out, the mixer showed up as $509 rather than having the -$50 as a separate transaction. So instead of getting 10% of the difference from $559, you will get 10% of the difference from $509. You end up losing the $50 discount applied and actually end up getting the product for $273 + tax instead of $268 + tax if you were to pay $559. The only way to get it at the price you stated is to have it pricematched first, then apply the coupon (which Sears doesn't do unfortunately). All the best. I hope you do get it at that price though.
ezack wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:04 pm
Ordered through Sears after failing with Bestbuy.

Here's what i did.

Step 1: Use RFD's sears.ca 1.25% cash back.

Step 2: Place order through sears.ca with free shipping

Step 3: Call Sears' Customer Support 1-800-664-1888.

Step 4: Get them to note the order for pm with Lowes and the 10% difference($267.80 after pm).

Step 5: Apply $50 off 200 coupon 941612153.

Step 6: Call back once the mixer is delivered the for price adjustment.

Final price: Pm price --->$267.80 - $50(coupon)= $217.80 + tax. With rebate it should be around $167.80 + tax
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1387 posts
446 upvotes
Kanata, ON
DonnyFenn wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:34 pm
I tried phoning Sears to modify my order, and they said it couldn't be changed once placed. I can only get price adjustments at time of pickup, so says the customer service rep. Any advice? I'd like to get this as squared away as possible today.
Thanks!
I was under the same impression that it couldn't be adjusted until pickup, they can't do the PM until you actually have the mixer in hand. not sure why this is?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1387 posts
446 upvotes
Kanata, ON
adi wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 6:46 pm
Although it sounds good, you have to be lucky to end up with that price. I was going to do that, but right before completing the order I spoke with two Sears customer support agents. They said to bring the purchase statement into a store when the item is delivered along with a printout of the lowes webpage. They will then credit/refund me the difference between the price I paid and the advertised price, plus 10% of the difference. When checking out, the mixer showed up as $509 rather than having the -$50 as a separate transaction. So instead of getting 10% of the difference from $559, you will get 10% of the difference from $509. You end up losing the $50 discount applied and actually end up getting the product for $273 + tax instead of $268 + tax if you were to pay $559. The only way to get it at the price you stated is to have it pricematched first, then apply the coupon (which Sears doesn't do unfortunately). All the best. I hope you do get it at that price though.
That's how my order went through, and that's what I was afraid of. When I call back to get the PM I'll either argue for them to do the PM first and then take off the $50 coupon, or I'll ask them to get rid of the coupon code altogether to save that $5 difference.
Mar 5, 2012
206 posts
28 upvotes
LAVAL
Does the coupon expire on December 7th? Which is today?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
1977 posts
195 upvotes
Orleans
So...can someone share the final procedure?
Jun 23, 2008
404 posts
82 upvotes
If you use the coupon during the checkout you negate it and making your order more expensive by $5 because the difference is now lowered by $50. To maximize the savings have the agent document your order with specific details to your price match and the difference, then get them note as well the coupon be applied on top.
Pm is always ymmv, even with bb/fs/me who by far are commonly pm'ed against.

I also printed out a Lowes checkout with date stamp, just in case if I run to trouble and need to go in store for the adjustments.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1387 posts
446 upvotes
Kanata, ON
ezack wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:28 pm
If you use the coupon during the checkout you negate it and making your order more expensive by $5 because the difference is now lowered by $50. To maximize the savings have the agent document your order with specific details to your price match and the difference, then get them note as well the coupon be applied on top.
Pm is always ymmv, even with bb/fs/me who by far are commonly pm'ed against.

I also printed out a Lowes checkout with date stamp, just in case if I run to trouble and need to go in store for the adjustments.
I have the same question as DonnyFenn then, can I phone in and get this clarified, or is it best to wait until it's received then just try and sort it all out then with the PM? I also printed a PDF of the in-stock item with date stamp.
Jun 23, 2008
404 posts
82 upvotes
Try calling the number i posted that's customer support, then cue 5 after prompts. Got my order noted without problem. However if you call catalogues their only option is have you go in store for adjustments.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1387 posts
446 upvotes
Kanata, ON
MajorCanuck wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:40 pm
Isn't that coupon code for $50 off $500?
I didn't even have to give the coupon code and she gave me $50 off. Maybe I'm lucky? (or unlucky if I end up getting a worse off deal because I used it the way I did) :)
Dec 18, 2006
78 posts
11 upvotes
It's perfectly legit to apply the $50 off the $559 to net $509 and then do the PM plus 10%. However, in order to apply the code to the post PM price of $267 you can only use the $20 off bringing you down to $247 and then you get the MIR off that. So comes to about $200 plus taxes which is still a great deal but just not as great as the $167 ezack is hoping for.
Jun 1, 2007
198 posts
26 upvotes
I was quite disappointed when I got to the store and all they had was the pearl nickel.
I thought that this was for the all silver model.
In fact, on the picture it shows a silver model.
Luckily I got sears store to PM an architect silver model.
I think the lowes one is cheap bc it is white and it is harder to sell (at least that is what the lowes CS agent said)
Overall I can't wait to try it out

I do have a pearl nickel one for sale if anyone missed out. I am in the Orillia area.
Do go to Toronto sometimes.
× < >