OTTAWA

Kobalt Tools on clearance

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
60%
Retailer:
LOWES
Apparently Lowes is clearing out a lot of Kobalt tools to make room for Craftsman. Found this wrench ratcheting kit for 34$. Seems to be decent quality. These are useful for tight spots, I have the Mastercraft Metric kit and find it useful. They also have the singles available, I got a 3/4" for 14$, but YMMV as it's store dependant. I have a few tools from Kobalt which are ok for weekend warrior DIYer.

Ratcheting Wrench

Don't forget ebates/sign up email.
7 replies
Jan 13, 2012
93 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Good deal, Metric is also on for the same price. One thing I do wonder is how they'll deal with warranty stuff...
Mar 8, 2019
2 posts
I would avoid Kobalt if possible, HD, Canadian Tire or Princess Auto will replace their tools at their stores with no questions, Lowe's told me to ship it to Kobalt for replacement for the one time I actually needed their warranty. But then again that was the last time I bought tools from Lowe's, so your experience may vary.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2648 posts
1460 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
RyanH68451 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 11:59 pm
I would avoid Kobalt if possible, HD, Canadian Tire or Princess Auto will replace their tools at their stores with no questions, Lowe's told me to ship it to Kobalt for replacement for the one time I actually needed their warranty. But then again that was the last time I bought tools from Lowe's, so your experience may vary.
YMMV with Mastercraft as well, depending on your local franchise. I took a compound mitre saw that was recalled to one location, and the store owner hemmed and hawed about the return, even after I called head office about his reluctance to do so.
I've also tried to return, o a different location, Mastercraft needle nose pliers that had a tip snapped off, and was told "That SKU is no longer in the system, so we can't replace it"
Canadian Tire's warranty isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1846 posts
848 upvotes
GTA
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 9:31 am
YMMV with Mastercraft as well, depending on your local franchise. I took a compound mitre saw that was recalled to one location, and the store owner hemmed and hawed about the return, even after I called head office about his reluctance to do so.
I've also tried to return, o a different location, Mastercraft needle nose pliers that had a tip snapped off, and was told "That SKU is no longer in the system, so we can't replace it"
Canadian Tire's warranty isn't all it's cracked up to be.
That's because at Canadian Tire, the lifetime warranty is of the product. If it broke then it's no longer under warranty. If it is working perfectly then it's still under warranty. They guarantee it.
Jan 21, 2018
850 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
Many of the Canadian Tire stores are franchise operations, and I have seen over the years that store policy varies a lot with the particular franchisee. Most of the franchise stores are reluctant to do things like following the corporate price matching policy, or replacing items bought at other stores.

There have been some amazing deals on Kobalt tools over the years, and I haven't seen too many complaints about quality given the low price. Let's be honest here - a lot of the CT Mastercraft tools aren't great quality either.

Discussion of whether Lowes will replace Kobalt with Craftsman: https://toolguyd.com/lowes-craftsman-tools-partnership/, https://toolguyd.com/will-lowes-replace ... -products/
Jun 16, 2019
118 posts
206 upvotes
west as
This stuff has been on clearance for some weeks now. Slim pickings.