Hot Deals

[Lowes] Lowes.ca $200 Bosch CORE18V 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6 1/2-in Circular Saw Kit

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 12:18 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2006
324 posts
210 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Lowes.ca $200 Bosch CORE18V 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 6 1/2-in Circular Saw Kit

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$149 Off
Retailer:
Lowes
Just saw on Lowes.ca on clearance Bosch 6.5" Circular Saw 18V cordless with battery and charger kit for $200 reg $349.
Possible to PM with Home Depot for extra $20 off (price beat by 10%).

I purchased at Lowes.ca and there's an auto $10 off $200 purchase coupon added to cart since there's stock at my local store.
Images
  • Lowes10off.png
7 replies
Nov 8, 2012
199 posts
244 upvotes
TORONTO
I purchased this last time they had a 15% off and a promo. I have mixed feelings about it, but it got the job done. If one is already invested in the Bosch ecosystem, then this is a no brainer purchase for the 6.3ah core battery and charger. The battery alone costs $100+.

HD won't price match as this is on clearance.
Sep 15, 2015
689 posts
574 upvotes
Abbotsford
It's a deal if you dont have any 4Ah batteries. If you already have a couple of 4Ah then it's better to buy the bare tool.
I picked up mine for $60 used
Nov 24, 2017
19 posts
8 upvotes
I wouldn't say its a "hot" clearance deal. The other major tool companies regularly have battery and circular saw combo sales around this price range.
Nov 8, 2012
199 posts
244 upvotes
TORONTO
DanielM491 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 5:53 pm
Is this brushless?
No its not.
DanielM491 wrote:
May 14th, 2019 2:36 am
It's a deal if you dont have any 4Ah batteries. If you already have a couple of 4Ah then it's better to buy the bare tool.
I picked up mine for $60 used
The newer 4Ah Core batteries are great. This one has a Core 6.3 Ah battery. The core platform is much better than the older gen, specially with brushless tools. Too bad the saw is not brushless.
Jan 21, 2018
158 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
WiredWeasel wrote:
May 15th, 2019 6:53 am
I wouldn't say its a "hot" clearance deal. The other major tool companies regularly have battery and circular saw combo sales around this price range.
This saw gets a low rating in this comparison review of cordless circular saws (14th out of 16): https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-g ... out/30463/

I picked up a Ridgid 7 1/4" 18v brushless circular saw and 4ah battery w. charger as part of a kit with the hammer drill and another battery for $75 from HD, making the saw about $40. Great deal, but I did find the issues mentioned in the comparison review article above to be accurate.
Jan 4, 2017
93 posts
25 upvotes
Westmount, QC
maniac2403 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 8:01 am
No its not.
The newer 4Ah Core batteries are great. This one has a Core 6.3 Ah battery. The core platform is much better than the older gen, specially with brushless tools. Too bad the saw is not brushless.
I have this saw and have since bought the 6.3ah Core. batteries. If you own the saw, the new batteries do increase the grunt of this tool tremendously. It’s a whole new saw. If you don’t own the saw but do own the batteries, well, the bare tool is a bit cheaper but these are still useful batteries for other tools as well.

If you aren’t on the Bosch platform, and you need a circular saw, it’s not a bad tool - but I would suggest picking a brand with a deeper lineup of tools, and some more recent offerings. Makita and Milwaukee are fantastic and Rodgid has really stepped up lately

Bosch is consistently great tools, but they have a limited lineup and they will often leave certain tools without real refreshes for much too long.