Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Kobalt 40-Volt Electric Cordless Lawn Mower + Trimmer + Extra 2Ah battery Combo - $299

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 5:35 pm
Mar 9, 2014
48 posts
53 upvotes
Oakville ON

[Lowe's] Kobalt 40-Volt Electric Cordless Lawn Mower + Trimmer + Extra 2Ah battery Combo - $299

Lowe's has the Kobalt 40v lawn mower on sale for $200 off starting today until May 3rd. Lowe's also will throw in an extra 2Ah battery on top of this although I thought Kobalt mowers always came with the two batteries so I don't think that's actually a deal.

I'm in the market for a lawn mower now and I've heard that Kobalt is a good brand (Consumer reports has it as the most reliable brand although they didn't test a lot of them). I was just about to pull the trigger on a $600 EGO electric lawn mower from Home Depot but this deal makes me reconsider as I don't have a very large lawn and this looks to be enough for me.

What does everyone think of this deal?

Edit: fixed title
Last edited by Mavis28 on Apr 27th, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
117 replies
Feb 8, 2011
665 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
I am tempted as we are moving to a smaller home so I think this would be great.
Aug 22, 2014
240 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I got the Kobalt 40v Pole Saw on sale last year and have been impressed with the battery life.
Oct 5, 2013
59 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the trimmer, bought it 2 years ago ($99+tax), works great, charging is quick and battery last a very long time. However the trimmer with this 40V battery is big and heavy. I am 6'3" and my arms are sore after using this for few minutes. My old gas trimmer was lighter than this but I was tired of trying to start it and noisy like hell. This is quiet and powerful.
I wish they had this combo back when I purchased the trimmer, always wanted an electrical cordless lawn mower like this. The mower alone was $400, 2 years ago.
Great deal! Good quality products.
Apr 22, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Kelowna, BC
Thanks. The trimmer with it made the deal. Quick check of reviews and a couple videos shows it to be good. Purchased.
Feb 23, 2011
241 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
bought one for in store pickup...thanks OP! will give it a try... presently i have a lawn full of weeds :P
May 24, 2013
787 posts
284 upvotes
Literally just purchased the Black & Decker 3 in 1 Corded Mower for $146 after tax, will have to do research on which one is better.
Mar 9, 2014
48 posts
53 upvotes
Oakville ON
theBasher91 wrote: Literally just purchased the Black & Decker 3 in 1 Corded Mower for $146 after tax, will have to do research on which one is better.
I would love to know what you end up going with so please let us know!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Great deal tempted to get rid of my noisy gas mower i have a small yard anyways but already black and decker trimmer tho love having no noise
Love saving money......
Mar 21, 2006
125 posts
175 upvotes
Mississauga
But it only cuts 16" per swath. I'll wait for the 19" or 20" deal to come along. In the mean time, I'll continue with my corded B&D.
Jul 11, 2010
191 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Got one for my parents who have been eyeing a battery operated mower as they don't have an electrical outlet outside and always ran extension cords from inside.

Thanks OP!
Feb 8, 2011
665 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
f_waldner wrote: But it only cuts 16" per swath. I'll wait for the 19" or 20" deal to come along. In the mean time, I'll continue with my corded B&D.
Good catch, I am also going to wait considering I don't need the trimmer and I already have the B&D one
Sep 8, 2014
611 posts
2020 upvotes
f_waldner wrote: But it only cuts 16" per swath. I'll wait for the 19" or 20" deal to come along. In the mean time, I'll continue with my corded B&D.
I have a 21" craftsman and it bogs down in thicker grass and I have to slow right down. I actually think Id prefer keeping a regular pace with a smaller mower like this 16".
Aug 28, 2016
313 posts
552 upvotes
Wow, I am curious about getting a battery powered one. I like the idea. Maybe next year.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2945 posts
1426 upvotes
GTA
I bought 100$ corded lawn master from Costco during boxing day. This is tempting. I've not opened the Costco one, so can return it.

Don't need the trimmer. How much can I sell the trimmer for?
Nov 8, 2007
666 posts
387 upvotes
Curious how this performs - I bought a smaller 18" Black & Decker 20V last year and it was absolute crap in every way.
I was hoping DeWalt would have come out with one by now so I could use the spare 40V battery from the trimmer deal last year, but if this isn't comparable to gas then I am giving up on battery mowers.
Mar 1, 2006
115 posts
63 upvotes
Top of the RedFlagpo…
Seems like a good deal, but they don't want to ship the extra battery to Quebec.
Their trucks only deliver within 100km of their stores and the battery doesn't seem to be available for parcel delivery.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)