Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] MURdesign faux wood 4 x 8 wall panel $27.50 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2019 6:59 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1699 posts
559 upvotes
Edmonton
kronos288 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 11:52 am
Can anyone who has these installed post a picture of it in their room? I've been contemplating it and would love to see what the final install actually looks like since it's a digital print.

let me know if these links don't work

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Aug 18, 2014
602 posts
378 upvotes
Markham, ON
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 3:12 pm
yeah don't do it. one accidental trip and you'll fall against it and bend or break through. they are thin. Not to be used as an actual wall covering over studs. You should drywall first unfortunately or use plywood backing or something.
really?? I recall these being made of those laminate/formica materials, and they felt much stronger than drywall, even tho they are thin. (e.g I can easily punch a hole thru a drywall..but I feel like I can't punch a hole thur these panel)

I just wasn't sure how to mount it directly on the frame and make everything tight and seamless.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2419 posts
485 upvotes
North York
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 3:29 pm
let me know if these links don't work
Thanks for sharing and looks really good.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1042 posts
84 upvotes
How many do I need roughly for a condo size living room accent wall?

Op how many sheets did you buy?
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Jan 19, 2017
498 posts
457 upvotes
Kitchener
One thing, for people who don't use panels or laminates frequently, its important when glueing the back side not to make any circles on the back. The circles create sealed pockets behind the panels when you adhere to the wall, and will cause the panels to warp.
Dec 17, 2015
105 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Do the edges happen to be finished with whatever pattern is on the front face?

I want to hang/mount a single panel to the wall to act as a back drop for something I'm putting in front of it. My concern would be the edges are now exposed and not sure what the finish is.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1042 posts
84 upvotes
Are these particle boards safe? I’m just reading the safety form from their website and it says it uses formaldehyde? I could be wrong.

safety data sheet...
Last edited by bonita! on Oct 3rd, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Jul 7, 2014
166 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These only look good in pictures. In person, from any angle, they look tacky AF. To each their own, but I'd suggest actually seeing them in store before online purchase.
Jun 4, 2016
36 posts
6 upvotes
Links above aren't working - can someone repost pics?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1699 posts
559 upvotes
Edmonton
pinkdonut wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 4:01 pm
really?? I recall these being made of those laminate/formica materials, and they felt much stronger than drywall, even tho they are thin. (e.g I can easily punch a hole thru a drywall..but I feel like I can't punch a hole thur these panel)

I just wasn't sure how to mount it directly on the frame and make everything tight and seamless.
yeah I think the thickness is what's going to prevent you from making these look "flat" and seamless. there will be no forgiveness if your studs aren't perfectly straight all the way across your wall. Things that Mudding typically hide.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?