Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] MURdesign faux wood 4 x 8 wall panel $27.50 (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2019 6:59 pm
Aug 15, 2007
224 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
kjmckenz wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 11:05 am
For those of us who do product photography, these are great to use as backdrops and won't fall apart as easily as some of the paper options out there. :)
I was just thinking about this myself and will pick up a few this weekend.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1694 posts
462 upvotes
Calgary
cba123 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 5:40 pm
Did I time warp back to the 70s?

Wood panels were the in thing for finishing basement walls back then.
Pretty much
Yes
Jul 1, 2016
355 posts
208 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'd pick up 2 for the wall behind my PC setup... but @ 4 x 8 feet... it won't fit in my hatchback X_X
Plus... the crappy weather isn't helping xD
Aug 3, 2005
50 posts
14 upvotes
My order of 6 was cancelled. No reason. Generic email may be out of stock, etc. 56 + panels on hand two local stores each at time of order. BS.Disappointed Face
#cleartheshelf
[OP]
Aug 29, 2013
718 posts
388 upvotes
Waterloo
cba123 wrote:

I wasn't around back then so I'm not sure what they did in the 70's but personally I would avoid decking out an entire basement with these panels. As an accent wall though, I think they look fantastic!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2419 posts
485 upvotes
North York
cba123 wrote:

These are more like the ones used in the 70s and sadly they are not on sale for 50% off :)

https://www.lowes.ca/product/wall-panel ... anel-97910

Fortunately for my application in my basement game room it would just be an accent wall so I can get rid of the exposed fiber glass and plastic vapor barrier. I don't really need to finish the walls behind my pinball machines because you don't really notice it anyways.
Jul 1, 2016
355 posts
208 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just curious... how do you guys plan to get these home? They'll only fit in a truck at 4x8 feet ??...
[OP]
Aug 29, 2013
718 posts
388 upvotes
Waterloo
ProjectPixelation wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:55 am
Just curious... how do you guys plan to get these home? They'll only fit in a truck at 4x8 feet ??...
In a truck...hahaha

Lowe's will rent their vans which will fit these panels if you don't have a buddy with a truck.

Also, I know HD will cut lumber down with little to no charge but I don't know if Lowe's offers this service or if one would recommend having it done to these panels. This would certainly make them a much more manageable if they were cut down to 4x4 size...Any advice out there?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1699 posts
559 upvotes
Edmonton
six0four wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 4:56 pm
Do the edges happen to be finished with whatever pattern is on the front face?

I want to hang/mount a single panel to the wall to act as a back drop for something I'm putting in front of it. My concern would be the edges are now exposed and not sure what the finish is.
edges are just brown MDF color unfortunately.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1699 posts
559 upvotes
Edmonton
glfrboy wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 11:32 am
In a truck...hahaha

Lowe's will rent their vans which will fit these panels if you don't have a buddy with a truck.

Also, I know HD will cut lumber down with little to no charge but I don't know if Lowe's offers this service or if one would recommend having it done to these panels. This would certainly make them a much more manageable if they were cut down to 4x4 size...Any advice out there?
keep in mind you only want to make cuts where those cut edges end up in a corner or something. otherwise the patterns won't line up. Also drywall is never straight and plumb. I had to make my edge cuts based on measurements. cuts always ended up at slight angle for example.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Dec 17, 2015
105 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 11:34 am
edges are just brown MDF color unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply, I might have to pass on these then.

On another note, has anyone wall mounted Astro turf or similar product? Tips?
Mar 7, 2011
611 posts
425 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 3:29 pm

let me know if these links don't work
charlesjohn wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2019 3:55 pm
fixed your links
Can someone post what the seams look like? I want to get them but I wonder what they will look like attached
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3036 posts
852 upvotes
Mississauga
The trick with panels like these is to install them from the center of your wall and move left / right. Make the final cuts at the corner of the wall. When done properly the should be little to no gaps or imperfections at the seams from factory cuts.