• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2014 9:35 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 5, 2010
66 posts
6 upvotes

Lowes Price Adjustment???

Went into Lowes today and found out that the BBQ I purchased 18 days ago is now on clearance.

Didn't have my receipt with me at the time, and didn't notice until my wife pointed it out to me on the way home that the price was 100$ less than we paid.

Anyone know if Lowes offers price adjustment on clearance sale items? Anyone had any luck? I have the original receipt.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7641 posts
798 upvotes
They should do it since its a price-protection for you against their own price.

If they say no, just politely ask them for a refund on your BBQ and then buy it again immediately at the lower price :P
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
2865 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
I've done price protection at Lowes before. They don't list their return policies clearly, which means to me that they're leaving it loose so as to respond to competitors' policies (HD is 90 day returns, I believe).

For price protection, the clerk needed to return it, then buy it again at the lower price, so needed my credit card, etc. so it's not straightforward and took a few minutes, but they didn't complain or anything. I think I had bought my item about 2 weeks before.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5370 posts
353 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I was told 90 days for return. A price adjustment is essentially a return/rebuy, so I don't see why they would refuse.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
66 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks for the responses.... much appreciated. As was stated, Lowes policies are not clear and that is why I am asking. I would rather not drive the 20-30 mins each way to find out they don't do it.

I'm hoping it will be easy enough, as I don't want to cart my already built and used BBQ back just to save money. I don't know if the assembled BBQ would fit in my SUV!

I'll head out tonight or tomorrow and see what I can do!

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
18 upvotes
why don't you just call them?
Sep 6, 2004
500 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
hamant wrote:
Jul 21st, 2010 7:11 pm
why don't you just call them?
+1. Wouldn't it be 1000 times easier to just call the store and find out the details?
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
66 posts
6 upvotes
So, we went from helpful to...

Thank you for your 'call them' points. Asking a question on RFD about if anyone has done a price adjustment at Lowes before and one is told to call them. Usually, I like to be an informed consumer. After checking their website (which others also stated was unclear) and trying to find the answer, I posted a question. Now that I know it (the price adjustment) is something that can be done at Lowes, perhaps now, armed with more information, I will be able to have the price adjustment done.

I did not ask "Can someone do a price adjustment for me"... "send me a receipt so I don't have to do any work"... or any of the silly questions asked on here on a regular basis. I did not ask to commit fraud or anything along those lines. I merely asked a question to be informed so that when I went to Lowes or, perhaps, called them, one would be informed and would not get the "we don't do that here" response when, in fact, they do.

If one can not ask a question on a SHOPPING DISCUSSION forum about a SHOPPING question, what's the point of this place?
Feb 23, 2005
796 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
it really depends on if the cs is bright or not.

I bought 200 dollars of stuff last month, then went back 2 days later to shop around and found they had the 20dollars off 175dollar purchase coupon.

So naturally I went to cx service to get my 20 dollars........ however the cs refused...... even though i said i bought it 2 days ago...

so i just took a shopping kart, using my receipt as a shopping list..... purchase it with coupon and then went around the store and refund... she even tried to give me a hard time when refunding everything on the receipt by calling the manager. When the manager got here, he told her that I should have just got 20 dollars because now, I am not happy, his store ppl have to take everything back to the shelf.......... freaking idiots...
May 11, 2006
244 posts
11 upvotes
peachgrinder wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2010 5:41 pm
so, we went from helpful to...

Thank you for your 'call them' points. Asking a question on rfd about if anyone has done a price adjustment at lowes before and one is told to call them. Usually, i like to be an informed consumer. After checking their website (which others also stated was unclear) and trying to find the answer, i posted a question. Now that i know it (the price adjustment) is something that can be done at lowes, perhaps now, armed with more information, i will be able to have the price adjustment done.

I did not ask "can someone do a price adjustment for me"... "send me a receipt so i don't have to do any work"... Or any of the silly questions asked on here on a regular basis. I did not ask to commit fraud or anything along those lines. I merely asked a question to be informed so that when i went to lowes or, perhaps, called them, one would be informed and would not get the "we don't do that here" response when, in fact, they do.

If one can not ask a question on a shopping discussion forum about a shopping question, what's the point of this place?
+1
2010 Winnings

$10 Gift Card Starbucks from Huggies
Sony X10 from the A-L$st
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
66 posts
6 upvotes
So, went to Lowes, got the refund for the difference though you do have to 'rebuy' the purchase at the lower price.

Took all of 2 minutes once in the store.

Thank you to those who offered suggestions or insight that it was done at Lowes.
Aug 1, 2005
793 posts
62 upvotes
peachgrinder wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2010 7:48 pm
So, went to Lowes, got the refund for the difference though you do have to 'rebuy' the purchase at the lower price.

Thank you to those who offered suggestions or insight that it was done at Lowes.
Thanks for the update.
Can you confirm whether you brought the BBQ in, or just the receipt?
[OP]
Jun 5, 2010
66 posts
6 upvotes
Just the receipt... the CSR commented that it would be impractical to bring back the BBQ (jokingly). She also made the comment that most of her price adjustments were for little things that only result in a $1 or $2, not $100, so perhaps not enough people know about this (or why it is purposely vague on their website).

In the end, the price adjustment gained me $100 or so.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
18 upvotes
peachgrinder wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2010 7:48 pm

wow.. 2 minutes once you were there.... 2 days on RFD.... good thing you didn't call them... might have taken longer :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2667 posts
125 upvotes
Lowes now has the 50 gallon GSW power vent tank on sale for $100 off. If anyone purchased recently you can call Lowes for a price adjustment. I just did without any problems. Sale ends tomorrow August 27, 2014.
× < >