Shopping Discussion

Lowes return policy? no receipt... can i get store credit?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2013 2:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
361 posts
61 upvotes

Lowes return policy? no receipt... can i get store credit?

i got one of those garden gazeebos as a gift... probably worth $250. i don't have the receipt can i get a store credit to Lowes? I know homedepot does that...
6 replies
Jan 18, 2008
601 posts
47 upvotes
Lowes tracks purchases with the card you used to purchase the item, so I do not think they will. I have lost receipts before and they can view all purchases with my Visa. How can you be sure it came from Lowes?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3068 posts
2400 upvotes
Toronto
From lowes.ca:

"For returns without valid receipts:
In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, chequing account number, or by your phone number.
In-store credit may be issued for the item’s current selling price.

Lowe’s reserves the right to refuse and limit the number of returns permitted without valid receipts."

If it's a current item, and now being sold, it shouldn't be a problem to get it back on a gift card. If it's one that's no longer being sold and was from last summer, I can see them not being that happy about it. You'll just have to ask them, as it would be a grey area in that case.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
3907 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
Just tell them you received it as a gift and you have no use for it. If they are currently selling it in store you will have no problem

jm1 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2013 10:10 am
From lowes.ca:

"For returns without valid receipts:
In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, chequing account number, or by your phone number.
In-store credit may be issued for the item’s current selling price.

Lowe’s reserves the right to refuse and limit the number of returns permitted without valid receipts."

If it's a current item, and now being sold, it shouldn't be a problem to get it back on a gift card. If it's one that's no longer being sold and was from last summer, I can see them not being that happy about it. You'll just have to ask them, as it would be a grey area in that case.
No mention of cash purchases?
× < >