Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Rubbermaid 7x7 shed $594.15 Lowest This Year

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2018 9:36 am
May 12, 2004
818 posts
122 upvotes
Idlehands wrote: Thanks OP. Anyone knows if these can be picked up by a sedan or would you need a truck for that :| probably dumb question.

Nevermind it's 323lbs I think my back is worth the $80 in delivery.
I went to get mine last night. It doe NOT fit into a Nissan Pathfinder I can tell you that much. Was so close but 1/2-3/4 of an inch. Ended up renting their truck for $20 plus $3 gas in and out of the rental van no problems.
Oct 6, 2007
290 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
Any suggestions on how to lay the foundation that’s between two trees in my yard? It’s the best ideal spot however there are roots and the ground is uneven.

I’ve been suggested a leveling pad - pros-no digging, just a box frame with tampered gravel and don’t worry about roots. Then build another frame with shed on it. Cons, shed would be higher off ground then I’d like. I may have to build a ramp.

Another would be concrete piers and build a frame on that then shed. Sounds appealing but I’d be worried about critters under the shed and I’m not sure how many piers to get and do these required to be buried with screenings underneath?
Nov 18, 2008
784 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
picked up the shed yesterday from Lowes using a Toyota Sienna, removed the second row seats and then loaded the shed in. Then put the seats on top of the shed, drove home, backed into the garage and unloaded with 2 people. When it comes to assembly, I'll take it piece by piece to the backyard. It's heavy at 300 something lbs but I wouldn't pay $80 for delivery...
Jul 16, 2012
52 posts
14 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Picked it up today at the Lowes in Burlington, used their $25 + $5 (gas) for 1.5 hours van rental to lug this beast home.
Oct 18, 2012
707 posts
657 upvotes
WHITBY
Corinthein wrote:
Same issue, my front right door stays open at the top. nothing i have tried keeps it shut.

Same here . Right door stays slightly open. The left door stays shut with the install of a barrel lock. Surprising there are pre drilled holes for a barrel lock on the left door but Rubbermaid does not include one. I highly suggest buy a three dollar barrel lock. The ones at Lowe's fit perfectly.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
I purchased online and did in store pick up. It showed instock but after purchase it said special order item and estimated pick up date July 11th. Anyone else get this and did you actually have to wait that long?
Jul 13, 2014
34 posts
46 upvotes
East St Paul, MB
kevdanga wrote: I purchased online and did in store pick up. It showed instock but after purchase it said special order item and estimated pick up date July 11th. Anyone else get this and did you actually have to wait that long?
Same thing happened for me. I phoned the store, they didn't know why it said that when they had 7 in stock. It was ready the same day.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
redline204 wrote: Same thing happened for me. I phoned the store, they didn't know why it said that when they had 7 in stock. It was ready the same day.
Appreciate it.
Feb 13, 2018
124 posts
185 upvotes
Mississauga
I got mine today. Still a lot of stocks in Mississauga. They had to use a forklift to put it in the rental van.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Built mine yesterday. Took me 4 hours, but most of it was done alone until my brother showed up to help with the two bars that go across the top, and the roof. I also spent 30 or so minutes moving each part from my garage to my backyard. Instructions are very straightforward.

As for those commenting about the doors not closing fully, mine close perfectly fine. Odd since my assembly was off by a little bit everywhere haha there are pre marked holes for all screws, and mines were all off by a few mm but it all worked out.
Apr 9, 2017
24 posts
21 upvotes
For everyone that just bought this shed, here’s a few tips on assembly since I went through it last year:
1. Don’t do it on a day that has any wind. As you snap each panel into place on the provided floor, if it’s windy the pieces keep swaying. This isn’t a problem with two people but certainly an issue with one person.
2. When you put the beams for the roof on, you absolutely need two people. Don’t try it as one person. I’m fairly strong and do regular work and building stuff, but balancing the beams is literally impossible due to weight and where they sit. Buy two ladders and get help.
3. The triangle pieces that face the front and back of the shed, on top, are only held together by 2 screws on each lower triangle piece. These screw into the wall panels but if you don’t support it we’ll enough while your partner holds the other triangle piece, they sway forwards and backwards until screwed into place. This was a pain in my you know what!!!! The corners warped and took the screws out so I used some gorilla glue to hold the screw in place.
4. You will lose a few screws when drilling the roof beams as there are very tiny holes you need to fit the screws through, finding the hole and screwing it in. A magnetic bit is going to make your life easier as you cannot get the screws back out. That’s why there’s extra screws in the package.
5. You need to weight this shed down. We went through some serious wind storms lately in Newmarket and the shed completely slid off the platform, while it had a lawnmower and snowblower in it. Use deck blocks or patio slabs.
6. The left door has a place for a latch so you can close the left door, latch it into the ceiling beam to keep it closed, then close the right door. The package does not come with the latch but after much searching, I realized a regular latch works and it cost $4 at Lowe’s. There is no holes for a latch on the bottom.

Hope this helps.
Apr 19, 2015
319 posts
339 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote: Off topic slightly,

trying to find a 10' x 10' shed but having no luck at all the normal places (Cdn Tire, Rona, HD, Costco) and other thoughts on looking.

Worst case I would get a 8' x 10' (8 front, 10 back) but not many of those around either.

It's to house a golf cart. No metal sheds, vinyl would be best.
Costco sells a Lifetime 8' deep, 10' wide shed for $1700, delivery included. Also have one that is 8' wide, 10' deep for $1400, with delivery. Those two seem to be the best value for money based on customer reviews. I need to replace a garbage metal shed and I'm definitely going vinyl, and will likely end up with one from Costco. They've also got 8' wide, 15' deep for $2000. That's probably what I'll get, but hopefully it goes on sale before my metal shed reaches critical failure!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
GavinTheAlmighty wrote: Costco sells a Lifetime 8' wide, 10' deep for $1400, with delivery.
Yes I have been eyeing that one. I forgot to check instore if it's cheaper, since I have to transport it to my campsite anyways, delivery does not help me.

There was a guy on Kijiji that was supposedly getting divorced selling one in the box for $1000. I should have jumped on that one.

I don't need it till August or even next year so maybe the Costco one will drop in price.
Mar 11, 2002
911 posts
316 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote: Yes I have been eyeing that one. I forgot to check instore if it's cheaper, since I have to transport it to my campsite anyways, delivery does not help me.

There was a guy on Kijiji that was supposedly getting divorced selling one in the box for $1000. I should have jumped on that one.

I don't need it till August or even next year so maybe the Costco one will drop in price.
The Costco sheds go on sale in May every year for $200 off or thereabouts in store or online.

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1728 posts
2174 upvotes
Earth
l2iceman wrote: Built mine yesterday. Took me 4 hours, but most of it was done alone until my brother showed up to help with the two bars that go across the top, and the roof. I also spent 30 or so minutes moving each part from my garage to my backyard. Instructions are very straightforward.

As for those commenting about the doors not closing fully, mine close perfectly fine. Odd since my assembly was off by a little bit everywhere haha there are pre marked holes for all screws, and mines were all off by a few mm but it all worked out.
Well just tried building mine: what a pain the behind. One of the corners (Part C) wouldn't bend at all and the two main roof pieces in the box were bent and I can't get them on properly as a result, however the doors are fine! I found the manual for an older version: they had no bends in the sides, plus the roof was four pieces that locked together at the top. Way easier by the looks of it.

Over
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1728 posts
2174 upvotes
Earth
FUGTFO wrote: For everyone that just bought this shed, here’s a few tips on assembly since I went through it last year:
3. The triangle pieces that face the front and back of the shed, on top, are only held together by 2 screws on each lower triangle piece. These screw into the wall panels but if you don’t support it we’ll enough while your partner holds the other triangle piece, they sway forwards and backwards until screwed into place. This was a pain in my you know what!!!! The corners warped and took the screws out so I used some gorilla glue to hold the screw in place.
4. You will lose a few screws when drilling the roof beams as there are very tiny holes you need to fit the screws through, finding the hole and screwing it in. A magnetic bit is going to make your life easier as you cannot get the screws back out. That’s why there’s extra screws in the package.
Hope this helps.
True advice, I called lowes about returning it and the operating told me she just had another one with problems.
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
2014 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
clboy wrote: The Costco sheds go on sale in May every year for $200 off or thereabouts in store or online.
I know but there is a chance they blowout the ones in store end of summer as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
geoffs wrote: Well just tried building mine: what a pain the behind. One of the corners (Part C) wouldn't bend at all and the two main roof pieces in the box were bent and I can't get them on properly as a result, however the doors are fine! I found the manual for an older version: they had no bends in the sides, plus the roof was four pieces that locked together at the top. Way easier by the looks of it.

Over
Have you built your base? If yes, what dimensions did you use? Does the manual give you a suggested size for the base?

Thank you
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Oct 21, 2013
284 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
Sorry, but is anyone else getting the error for FAMILY15 Code? Not working for me
Jan 9, 2006
136 posts
13 upvotes
the code was good up to June 24th , then they extended it but for fewer items, and excluding this deal . this is the answer I got from the CS Chat this morning... .... sad...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)