Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Save The Tax (BC/SK/ON) Or An Extra 15% Off (AB) In-Store & 11.5% Online (BC/AB/SK/ON) - (May 18-24)

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 3:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1869 posts
2187 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd

[Lowe's] Save The Tax (BC/SK/ON) Or An Extra 15% Off (AB) In-Store & 11.5% Online (BC/AB/SK/ON) - (May 18-24)

In the upcoming Lowe's flyer May 18-24, 2017:

In-Store

Save The Tax Offer (BC/SK/ON). Excludes Clearance, Pressure Treated Lumber, Gift Cards and all services. Also excludes all previous sales and price match guarantee.

Fine print:
Total purchase price will be reduced the equivalent of the Government sales tax (ON 13%, BC 12%, SK 11%). Prices shown do not reflect additional discount. Government sales tax will be added to your purchase at the register. Example in Ontario: $100 purchase (total before HST) - $11.51 (Discount) = $88.49 + 13% HST = $99.99 (equal or less than purchase amount before HST). Offer valid from Thursday, May 18 through to Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Excludes gift cards and all services. Spend amounts calculated before tax and after applicable discounts. Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer, coupon/discount (including, but not limited to Lowe's consumer credit discount, 5% Lowe's business credit discounts, Lowe's employee discounts, Lowe's Price Match Guarantee, Lowe's volume discount programs such as Quote Support Program "QSP", government contract pricing, or any other special pricing/discount programs. Offer valid in-store and on Lowes.ca. Discount taken off the lowest ticketed price. Not valid on: Clearance items, previous sales, multiple transactions, purchase of services (including, but not limited to truck rental, labour, tool rentals, and delivery charges, installation, contractor discounts or extended protection plans, or gift cards.

Save An Extra 15% Offer (AB). Excludes Clearance, Pressure Treated Lumber, Gift Cards and all services. Also excludes all previous sales and price match guarantee.

Fine print:
Lowe's will discount each item by an additional 15%. Discount taken at register. Prices shown do not reflect additional discount. Offer valid from Thursday, May 18 through to Wednesday, May 24, 2017. Excludes gift cards and all services. Spend amounts calculated before tax and after applicable discounts. Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer, coupon/discount (including, but not limited to Lowe's consumer credit discount, 5% Lowe's business credit discounts, Lowe's employee discounts, Lowe's Price Match Guarantee, Lowe's volume discount programs such as Quote Support Program "QSP", government contract pricing, or any other special pricing/discount programs. Offer valid in-store and on Lowes.ca. Discount taken off the lowest ticketed price. Not valid on: Clearance items, previous sales, multiple transactions, purchase of services (including, but not limited to truck rental, labour, tool rentals, and delivery charges, installation, contractor discounts or extended protection plans, or gift cards.

Online:

Use code SALE (all caps) to get 11.5% off online for all provinces (BC/AB/SK/ON).

-----

Notes:

• Sale-priced merchandise qualifies for the Save The Tax/Additional 15% Off. Example from page 1: AS EverClean Dual-Flush Elongated Toilet was $269, now $199 (Save $70) Plus save the tax(BC/SK/ON)/15% (AB)
  • Going through the flyer again, I did notice that the appliances that are marked down say "Plus save the tax" for BC/SK/ON and "Includes save 15%" for AB
  • Free Delivery on in-stock major appliances from May 18 to 21, excluding special order items (bottom of page 23) - BC/AB/SK/ON
  • PM'ing with Home Depot may vary - some will PM and give you 10% of the difference, some with straight PM and others will deny - YMMV
  • If shopping in-store, ensure the proper discount is applied by the cashier before leaving the store
  • If shopping online, ensure the SALE code was applied and the correct discount is showing before checking out
  • As mentioned in the fine print ("Can't be used in conjunction with any other offer") and confirmed in this thread, the $10 sign-up voucher cannot be combined with this promo
  • Unconfirmed yet if the $25 vouchers from the previous promo can be used in conjunction with this deal
  • There is a $15 savings coupon found at the bottom of your Lowe's receipt to save $15 instantly on every $100 spent on fashion plumbing, lighting and paint. In-store only. Excludes special order stock. Before taxes and after applicable discounts. Savings coupon is redeemable Thurs May 15 to Wed May 31, 2017. Limit of 1 savings coupon can be redeemed per transaction.
Last edited by trystee on May 17th, 2017 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
74 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1307 posts
219 upvotes
Brampton
If you have the flyer, can you post pics please ?
Jan 22, 2017
42 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know offhand if a barbecue would qualify as a major appliance and ship for free?
Mar 30, 2003
137 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
Will home Depot let you PM this?
Jun 13, 2010
860 posts
353 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:41 am
Does anyone know offhand if a barbecue would qualify as a major appliance and ship for free?
No it's not considered a major appliance.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1869 posts
2187 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
ambujakshi wrote:
May 17th, 2017 6:16 am
If you have the flyer, can you post pics please ?
You can always get a sneak peek of Lowe's and a few other flyers every Wednesday at 12:01AM ET on the Reebee app or website (https://www.reebee.com/flyers).

Just input your postal code to get the local flyers in your province and select the "Upcoming" tab at the top to see upcoming flyers. :)
mook32 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 9:30 am
Will home Depot let you PM this?
Previous threads have given differing outcomes - some have said their HD have been able to PM no problem and others have said reps have been sticky on the products needing to be sold at HD for PM must be identical and in stock at Lowe's. I would say YMMV.

If anyone is successful at PM'ing at their local HD, please post in this thread starting tomorrow and I'll update the OP and title to include "PM HD Possibility - YMMV".
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1491 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
Would this end up better than the midnight madness sale?
I don't remember having free delivery on that one.
Mar 9, 2014
236 posts
107 upvotes
Stouffville
If buying in-store, don't forget to mention it to the cashier. Last time, they tried to charge me tax and they only removed it once I said it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2043 posts
1041 upvotes
Toronto
bobbyheenan wrote:
Lowes website says free shipping on full size grills but also says cannot be combined with other promos. If you're after a full-size wait till tomorrow, add one to the cart and see. I'm after a weber kettle which should ship free w/parcel shipping
Oct 23, 2005
427 posts
117 upvotes
trystee wrote:
May 17th, 2017 10:24 am
Previous threads have given differing outcomes - some have said their HD have been able to PM no problem and others have said reps have been sticky on the products needing to be sold at HD for PM must be identical and in stock at Lowe's. I would say YMMV.

If anyone is successful at PM'ing at their local HD, please post in this thread starting tomorrow and I'll update the OP and title to include "PM HD Possibility - YMMV".
I have never being rejected @ HD to price match against Lowe's tax free day. They were done in Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Markham, and Vaughan stores.
Shiraz81 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 11:30 am
If buying in-store, don't forget to mention it to the cashier. Last time, they tried to charge me tax and they only removed it once I said it.
I think you mean your bill did not receive the discount? not to confuse others; they still charge tax, they just give 11.5% (ON) discount before charging 13% ON HST.
Apr 15, 2006
638 posts
136 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote:
No, but they usually have free shipping for bbqs over $xx. Xx
Mar 9, 2014
236 posts
107 upvotes
Stouffville
dasiuyan wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:41 pm
I think you mean your bill did not receive the discount? not to confuse others; they still charge tax, they just give 11.5% (ON) discount before charging 13% ON HST.
Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for any confusion. If I hadn't said anything, the cashier wouldn't have applied that discount.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1053 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
dasiuyan wrote:
I have never being rejected @ HD to price match against Lowe's tax free day. They were done in Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Markham, and Vaughan stores.

Thanks for the confidence pill. I'll try that in Richmond Hill home depot this weekend.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1491 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
dasiuyan wrote:
Do you have experience having HD price BEAT with another 10% off, or just matching it?
My local HD usually resists to do that.
Oct 10, 2012
119 posts
25 upvotes
vipjn wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:25 pm
Do you have experience having HD price BEAT with another 10% off, or just matching it?
My local HD usually resists to do that.
They will only match and beat it if you are buying the exact same item. If you are just matching the promo they only match is my experience.