Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Save The Tax (BC/SK/ON) Or An Extra 15% Off (AB) In-Store & 11.5% Online (BC/AB/SK/ON) - (May 18-24)

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 3:49 pm
Sep 10, 2010
12 posts
12 upvotes
Last month during the last Save the Tax event at Lowe's, I got HD to price match a Weber Genesis II S-340 LP BBQ and beat it by 10%. Had to show the Lowe's website price on my phone and prove it was in stock and argue with the manager 20 minutes before closing time. I'm glad I went the first day because the Queensborough Lowe's was OOS the next morning. This was at the Bridgeport HD location in Richmond. He didn't want to do it saying anytime they price match or put Weber's on sale, they have to report it to their regional manager and can lose their license to sell them etc. So I had to push him on false advertising practices and nothing about HD price match guarantee showing anything about excluding Webers or any other particular brands. So YMMV. Good luck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1869 posts
2182 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
spektakle wrote:
May 17th, 2017 4:03 pm
They will only match and beat it if you are buying the exact same item. If you are just matching the promo they only match is my experience.
I think this is a very fair policy.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1696 posts
113 upvotes
I know it says no gift cards, but can the $25 savings card from last weeks promo be used to pay for items receiving this 15% off?
Oct 24, 2009
524 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
Did they do the stay up and save 20% off this year yet?
Oct 26, 2011
116 posts
47 upvotes
absolutcamper wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:38 pm
Did they do the stay up and save 20% off this year yet?
No they haven't.
Jun 4, 2015
33 posts
29 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I'm looking to build a deck in the next month or so, and it will be my first time looking for materials.

Is this going to be one of the better times to stock up on my wood/fasteners/nails etc?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3886 posts
16444 upvotes
TORONTO
absolutcamper wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:28 am
That was for appliances only. The ones in the past years were for everything.
Gotcha.
May 1, 2017
50 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton
Bought a lawn mower that's already on sale first thing this morning (really desperate for a new one lol). Note that the $10 off coupon won't work with this promo and the promo code has to be entered in all caps. I tried entering low caps coz I was lazy but it failed to apply so I entered all caps and it worked. Make sure to check your cart subtotal and total when you complete your order as I noticed the cart total was acting funny and changed automatically to not reflecting the coupon correctly a couple times.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1042 posts
64 upvotes
I just tried purchasing shower door online but full hst is being thought I started today 18th
Oct 23, 2011
159 posts
151 upvotes
yeah i asked the same question to HD, here is what they said .

"we unfortunately cannot price match with store wide events such as Lowes' Save the Tax.

It is our policy to not price match with store wide events and sales. If it is just the item itself that is lower than our price and it has the same model number and is in stock, we would be able to look into price matching it. We are unable to remove the taxes on our orders."
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4932 posts
882 upvotes
Whitby
Bought a Dewalt circular saw this morn that's on sale for $119 (regular $160)...thx OP, I almost picked it up last night but saw this thread, saved $13.70 by waiting a day.

On bottom of the receipt is a coupon to save $15 May 25-31 on purchase of $100 or more on Fashion Plumbing, Lighting and Paint.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"