Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Save The Tax (BC/SK/ON) Or An Extra 15% Off (AB) In-Store & 11.5% Online (BC/AB/SK/ON) - (May 18-24)

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 3:49 pm
Feb 18, 2014
152 posts
65 upvotes
Rosico wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:06 am
Does anyone know if you can you bundle the $10 off coupon for a new account with the sale?
Just tried it... only one coupon code applies at a time.
Jan 21, 2010
229 posts
129 upvotes
Brantford
Thanks OP. Got some plumbing supplies at Lowe's and then went to HD and they PM'ed the no tax deal. They didn't bother checking the prices at Lowe's.
By the way, the PEX pipe is 15% off + the no tax deal this week at Lowe's.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1032 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a mower PMing Lowe's no tax. The cashier is aware that the item i bought isn't carried by Lowes as she asked that question and i answered her truthfully, but that didn't matter. She called the manager to override the discount and they gave me 13% off instead of 11.5%!! I got lucky! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

store: Yorkdale Home Depot
Feb 9, 2013
771 posts
81 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eeto wrote:
May 18th, 2017 10:38 pm
Bought a mower PMing Lowe's no tax. The cashier is aware that the item i bought isn't carried by Lowes as she asked that question and i answered her truthfully, but that didn't matter. She called the manager to override the discount and they gave me 13% off instead of 11.5%!! I got lucky! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

store: Yorkdale Home Depot
That's odd, why would they price match with a different item (an item not carried by Lowes)?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1032 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
jdu0ng wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:19 am
That's odd, why would they price match with a different item (an item not carried by Lowes)?
That's what people say on page 1 of this post, that a lot of stores in GTA will do it without any problem.

I don't think its as odd as some RFDer thinks for HD to match an event. Like why not? The whole point of PM is to steal business from the competitor. Or else how will people ever PM lumber, or a box of screws if it has to be the same item? Chances are it will never be the same brand/package.

edit: that said, i'm very grateful HD stays true, and does the PM the way how I think its meant to be.
Oct 23, 2011
140 posts
134 upvotes
Anyone successfully PM Weber BBQ with Hd with 10%? If so please share receipt
May 1, 2017
16 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
eeto wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:42 am
That's what people say on page 1 of this post, that a lot of stores in GTA will do it without any problem.

I don't think its as odd as some RFDer thinks for HD to match an event. Like why not? The whole point of PM is to steal business from the competitor. Or else how will people ever PM lumber, or a box of screws if it has to be the same item? Chances are it will never be the same brand/package.

edit: that said, i'm very grateful HD stays true, and does the PM the way how I think its meant to be.
Wow. So you basically asked HD to price match the discount (no tax) instead of the price of the exact item for whatever you want to buy from HD? It really depends on the store and the manager right?
Curious which mower did you get? Did you just get 13% off or in addition to 10% off on top of that?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1699 posts
62 upvotes
trystee wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:30 pm
Wow, talk about a lazy online e-commerce team. "We are only in 4 provinces currently with 4 different HST/GST scenarios. Instead of building a discount amount tied to the online user's provincial delivery address, let's just call an 11.5% discount across the board an average of the discounts and give them that." Hmm, SK is 11%, BC is 12%, ON is 13%. By my calculation, an average of 11%, 12% and 13% is... 12%. Throw in AB's 15% discount and the average should be 12.75%. SMH.

Edit: Based upon their math, it looks like ON does get the correct discount to cover the taxes and BC/SK actually get more than the taxes covered. However, AB gets shafted.
Thanks for taking the time to post and update this thread OP. Just a small correction, Alberta only has 5% sales tax (GST)...so if they're getting an 11.5% discount they are the ones benefiting the most. Lowes is clearly using the ON 13% rate with their calculations here. Maybe it's explained by Ontario being the biggest sales market for them, or maybe just because it's the highest tax rate, so they are trying to keep the accounting simple.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1596 posts
98 upvotes
Anyone successful using last weeks $25 cash card?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1032 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
ashleydoormat wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:58 am
Wow. So you basically asked HD to price match the discount (no tax) instead of the price of the exact item for whatever you want to buy from HD? It really depends on the store and the manager right?
Curious which mower did you get? Did you just get 13% off or in addition to 10% off on top of that?
Lowes doesn't carry the model, so there's no exact item to begin with. Judging by what I've been reading on RFD PMing an event on HD isn't all that rare.

I didnt get the extra 10% off, but I wasn't expecting to. 13% should have been 11.5% off.

Got the Ego Cordless self-propelled LM2102SP
Nov 6, 2010
20 posts
2 upvotes
hitonono wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:42 am
Anyone successfully PM Weber BBQ with Hd with 10%? If so please share receipt
Tried to PM two HD stores last night for a Weber BBQ, and multiple personnel at the two locations basically told me the same thing. They can PM the no tax event, but not beat it by 10%. I wonder if they had an internal memo or something that's telling them this is what they are to do with no tax events for PM now.

They took off 13%, which is still better than 11.5%, albeit not by much...
Sep 30, 2011
608 posts
157 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
ordered 90$ stuff from them, just called their call center get price adjusted today. Good job, Lowes
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
1882 posts
435 upvotes
Mississauga
eeto wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:27 am
Lowes doesn't carry the model, so there's no exact item to begin with. Judging by what I've been reading on RFD PMing an event on HD isn't all that rare.

I didnt get the extra 10% off, but I wasn't expecting to. 13% should have been 11.5% off.

same. I got the LM2101 model (not self propelled). for my father in law.

Its actually good the HD is PMing Lowes because Lowes is storewide. Even though Ego is exclusive to HD, Lowes has theirs and its all about taking business that would've otherwise gone to the competitor.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1731 posts
1907 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Capt. wrote:
May 19th, 2017 8:50 am
Thanks for taking the time to post and update this thread OP.
Thanks for the thanks. :)
Just a small correction, Alberta only has 5% sales tax (GST)...so if they're getting an 11.5% discount they are the ones benefiting the most. Lowes is clearly using the ON 13% rate with their calculations here. Maybe it's explained by Ontario being the biggest sales market for them, or maybe just because it's the highest tax rate, so they are trying to keep the accounting simple.
I guess I should clarify what I meant to say. You are correct that AB is getting a better deal than the other 3 provinces but, comparing the flyer in-store promo for AB of 15% off versus the online discount for all provinces of 11.5%, AB customers are getting the shaft on online orders.

If an AB customer goes into a store and purchases a $100 item, they are supposed to get 15% off plus 5% GST for a total of $89.25 [($100 - $15.00) x 1.05]. That same order online, based upon the 11.5% discount, should cost $92.93 [($100 - $11.50) x 1.05].

Since the T&C's in the AB flyer for the 15% off promo includes orders on Lowes.ca and there is no mention in said flyer that the discount is 11.5% online, they really should honour the 15% discount for AB online orders or post a correction online to indicate the error in the AB flyer.

Sorry for the rant but Lowe's was founded in the U.S. in 1946 and has been in Canada since 2007. They should know better. I've seen a lot of errors in their promos in the past while and it frustrates me that they continue with errors.

End rant, back to saving money. :D
May 1, 2017
16 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
eeto wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:27 am

vinnie1990 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:27 pm
same. I got the LM2101 model (not self propelled). for my father in law.

Its actually good the HD is PMing Lowes because Lowes is storewide. Even though Ego is exclusive to HD, Lowes has theirs and its all about taking business that would've otherwise gone to the competitor.
But that doesn't apply to the sold online only products as you cannot PM online?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel