Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Lowes - SCOTTS ® Turf Builder ® Green Max & Coated Grass Seed

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2012 1:58 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 20, 2008
83 posts
36 upvotes
Ajax

[Lowe's] Lowes - SCOTTS ® Turf Builder ® Green Max & Coated Grass Seed

Here are a couple of items on sale in this weeks flyer that are made even better with manufacturer coupons found in-store. My wife found them near the front entrance of our local Lowes on the Scotts coated grass seed display, in a Scotts 2012 guide to your best lawn ever booklet.

Scotts® Turf Builder® Coated Grass Seed 1.4kg on sale for $14.98 but $11.98 with coupon ($3.00 off).
[IMG]http://www.scotts.ca/smg/CA/products/sc ... ix_std.jpg[/IMG]

Scotts® Turf Builder® Green MAX™ Lawn Fertilizer 26-0-2 with 5.17% Iron on sale for $19.98 but $14.98 with coupon ($5.00 off).
[IMG]http://www.scotts.ca/smg/CA/products/sc ... er_std.jpg[/IMG]

There is also a $10 mail in rebate on the purchase of a 1L spray bottle of Scotts EcoSence Weed B Gon.

Also if you "like" ScottsCanada on facebook you can get more coupons. One is for $4.00 off the same coated grass seed, another is for $10 off the Weed B Gon concentrate and a couple of others.
25 replies
May 30, 2006
483 posts
393 upvotes
I would hesitate to recommend the Green Max fertilizer. I applied some to my lawn on Monday. If any ends up on concrete like a patio or the sidewalk it stains it like rust. I had to use CLR to remove it.
Mar 14, 2009
309 posts
84 upvotes
I'm not a huge lawn guy, but I was trying to repair the back super shaded corner and decided to "go big" and buy the expensive stuff. So far I'm impressed, 9 days in and that coated seed is coming in very nicely.

I think I even bought that same lawn fertilizer as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2004
1215 posts
328 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Thanks for the heads up on this one. Picked up two bags of each, and 5 bags of the top soil the had on sale for $0.99. This will be the year where my lawn is NOT the worse one on my street.
Sep 17, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
nextguy wrote: I would hesitate to recommend the Green Max fertilizer. I applied some to my lawn on Monday. If any ends up on concrete like a patio or the sidewalk it stains it like rust. I had to use CLR to remove it.

You're suppose to apply it to your lawn not your patio. Not recommending it because you messed up the application is ********. Of course it's going to rust, its got iron in it after all.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2105 posts
686 upvotes
Thanks OP. Which Lowe's did you find these?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
GreenBeans wrote: You're suppose to apply it to your lawn not your patio. Not recommending it because you messed up the application is ********. Of course it's going to rust, its got iron in it after all.

Will it kill off weeds?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1213 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
I want to buy too. However, my grass have almost a full day sun. Which one should I buy?
May 30, 2006
483 posts
393 upvotes
GreenBeans wrote: You're suppose to apply it to your lawn not your patio. Not recommending it because you messed up the application is ********. Of course it's going to rust, its got iron in it after all.

Though my wife may argue otherwise I am not an idiot. My patio is grass level and wind may have carried some of the grains onto the patio as I was spreading it with my broadcast spreader. It can also end up on my patio if someone walked in the grass and it stuck to the shoes. These are feasible ways for the fertilizer to end up on the patio in case you could not use your imagination and or logic. Oh and by the way, thank you for explaining to me that iron rusts. I really had no clue. I always thought that rust came from fairies.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
Isn't the fertilizer in op's link too strong for grass seeds??
Do I need to use starter fertilizer along with topsoil and seeds??
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
May 16, 2010
212 posts
21 upvotes
I think it is too strong to use as a starter. Fertilizer is coded with N-P-K. Ideaally a starter fertilizer will have less Nitrogen and More Phosporus. O P is too low for a starter.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
I used to use ryes and fescues mainly because I was too lazy to properly care for kbg... Now I have patches of those mixed in with the original kbg :)

This year I switched to Scotts EZ Seed and the results are mixed... One section didn't grow anything on the dead patches, and the other is growing in pretty well. Kind of expensive I think, but it'll make my life easier since I don't need to water every day.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Apr 13, 2009
871 posts
110 upvotes
Is coated grass seed really a decent innovation? Or is it a way to radically decrease the amount of seed per bag and yet increase the price?
Apr 14, 2012
61 posts
5 upvotes
Kanata
are the facebook coupons used in-store? it says rebate on the coupon? and do they only work at lowes? what about homedepot, canadian tire?
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I printed them and used them in store at Lowes.

The coated seeds are just marketing, I splashed some water on them and they floated around just like regular seeds lol.

Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
sod or grass seed i have no luck in either :lol: never tried scotts tho i tried the scotts mulch and so far soo good any suggestions? its in my front yard with little water.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)