Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Sengled Smart Bulbs on Clearance (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2019 12:33 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7234 posts
1999 upvotes
Thanks! Got the kit with 2 regular bulbs for $15 at the Danforth location. They had 3 more of these, and 2 of the colour kits for $30.
Apr 9, 2007
58 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Was just at the Castlefield location and they still have a few of the starter kits (white bulbs) left. They have quite a few of the GE smart light starter kits available for $15, as well as one of the Sylvania smart starter kits for $20 (bulbs are available too at $15 each). There are also a ton of great deals on non-smart lights as well.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3699 posts
4528 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
My order just got refunded. Bought just before this deal was posted.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2077 posts
1046 upvotes
Mississauga
DougO wrote: Tried to pair the Sengled without a hub. Nope. Gave up after fighting with it. Supposed to be Zigbee compatible. Maybe it is. Got another Osram Bulb and paired and set it up and set up with Google Home for Voice control in under 2 minutes. Dunno if I want to add another hub to my setup. The Osram/Sylvania products are working just fine...
Which hub you have. Sengled are Zigbee and work out of box with SmartThings.
Nov 27, 2004
955 posts
56 upvotes
DougO wrote: Tried to pair the Sengled without a hub. Nope. Gave up after fighting with it. Supposed to be Zigbee compatible. Maybe it is. Got another Osram Bulb and paired and set it up and set up with Google Home for Voice control in under 2 minutes. Dunno if I want to add another hub to my setup. The Osram/Sylvania products are working just fine...
I already have quite a few zigbee light bulbs so for me it was quite seamless adding a few more of these singled bulbs through smartthings and after googling (for the life of me using the googl home app is like an exercise in patience) I was able to integrate voice control via Google home

Maybe 10 minutes in total and most of the time was used to open the package and voice control
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2207 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
keshan wrote: How good is the speaker bulb?
Tried 2 and they’re pretty weak for light sound is good but lacking in bass. You can only use one at a time so couldn’t make use of the 2 lights at the same time
Jan 26, 2018
698 posts
326 upvotes
geotr wrote: Tried 2 and they’re pretty weak for light sound is good but lacking in bass. You can only use one at a time so couldn’t make use of the 2 lights at the same time
Thanks, in that case I will just pass, have enough smart bulb around the house already.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2130 posts
465 upvotes
Ontario
They also have Sylvania stuff on sale too.
I picked up a $20 lightstrip yesterday.
Also found a philips hue 4color bulb and hub setup.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2350 posts
1045 upvotes
B.C.
The just about the entire bulb department was on clearance (up to 75% off - not just smart bulbs and stuff - regular LED too) at my local lowes. Anyone else notice this?
Oct 22, 2006
37 posts
5 upvotes
Hey guys - I got an extra Sengled hub if anyone wants for $10 - brand new. I got 2 x starter kit as the bulbs were out of stock. I live in Milton. PM me if interested
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16827 posts
4638 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote: The just about the entire bulb department was on clearance (up to 75% off - not just smart bulbs and stuff - regular LED too) at my local lowes. Anyone else notice this?
Only certain manufacturers and old stock or else stuff that is being discontinued such as bulbs that require a hub. My ecosystem is almost entirely Osram/Sylvania so I can live off that for years to come. But things are moving to completely standalone devices, so no hubs needed anymore. Picked up a Sengled light/speaker combo as I just want something to play music or audio books from my phone or tablet. That might do exactly what I want. Also picked up a couple of the light strips to play with. Might do for a Christmas light for my windows...
Nov 27, 2004
955 posts
56 upvotes
DougO wrote: Only certain manufacturers and old stock or else stuff that is being discontinued such as bulbs that require a hub. My ecosystem is almost entirely Osram/Sylvania so I can live off that for years to come. But things are moving to completely standalone devices, so no hubs needed anymore. Picked up a Sengled light/speaker combo as I just want something to play music or audio books from my phone or tablet. That might do exactly what I want. Also picked up a couple of the light strips to play with. Might do for a Christmas light for my windows...
I have multiple speaker zones with Google homes/chromecasts and wondering if I can add and sync the singled speaker/light combo. My impression is that the speaker works strictly off of Bluetooth and it doesn't coordinate via zigbee connections and smartthings
Dec 9, 2001
343 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought the Sengled color starter kit.

I noticed if I flip the light switch on, it flashes blue for a brief moment.
It also happens with you change the color from from the whitest, to daylight instead of a seamless transition.
Anyone notice the same thing?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16827 posts
4638 upvotes
k__dam wrote: I have multiple speaker zones with Google homes/chromecasts and wondering if I can add and sync the singled speaker/light combo. My impression is that the speaker works strictly off of Bluetooth and it doesn't coordinate via zigbee connections and smartthings
You can but only to control the speaker:

https://support.sengled.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Assistant

Since I already have multiple lights in the room with the speaker, that would be fine with me. However, my Audible audio books would not work as they are incompatible with Google Home products. So, leaving the light off and the speaker on and using the phone will have to do for now...
Jun 30, 2010
315 posts
82 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP. I bought 800 dollars worth of lights with bestbuy, visions and home depot price matching. Ended up only using around half of it and sold the rest on kijiji. Ended up costing me 64$ to do all the rooms I wanted.