Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

StaGreen Triple Max soil mix $2.49

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 11:46 pm
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
Burlington Ontario North for me. Appleby and the 407
Mar 18, 2008
636 posts
809 upvotes
Toronto
I just submitted an order online to be picked up in Maple.

Does anyone know how long they would hold it for? I’m leaving for Vancouver tomorrow for 7 days.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
Thanks OP! Bought 21 bags to get the $10 discount!
-
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
wewantthecup wrote:
What location?
SS76SS wrote: Burlington Ontario North for me. Appleby and the 407
Also the same for me. I placed my order last night. Got the email it was ready for pick up at 7:30am....went after work and after sending me back and forth a bit they realized they were sold out and said it was some kind of server error. Gave me a refund for my online order and then asked if i wanted to purchase the scotts equivalent at the same price.
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP! Order 15 bags of Lawn soil and 6 bags of the triple max mix with the coupon.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got my bags today. No substitution in winnipeg at the nairn store
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6973 posts
4954 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nothing near by, and they want $79 for truck delivery!

Damn son
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2010
1096 posts
1354 upvotes
Canada
grumble wrote: Yeah, it's fine for lawns. they have their Lawn Soil also on sale for 2.49 on clearance though, so may as well just buy that one instead - it has starter fertilizer already mixed in.
Cool, so I would just buy the lawn soil, spread it after dethatching and that's it or should I put some fertilizer on afterward as well?

Thanks
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
PannTher wrote: Cool, so I would just buy the lawn soil, spread it after dethatching and that's it or should I put some fertilizer on afterward as well?

Thanks
My program is to dethatch, aerate, overseed, fertilize, and then top.

Triple mix contains compost so you don't need to add fertilizer. Since I'm overseeding I've put some immediate release phosphorous fertilizer down with my triple mix top dressing to help root growth. Presumably the lawn soil with "starter fertilizer" has this already (plus immediate release nitrogen). Add fertilizer after about a month if you need it.

FWIW, weather in Toronto looks good for overseeding right now. Rainy to keep the seed from drying out and still cool enough that our northern climate grasses will still germinate.
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
Going down to -1 on Sat night. Probably best day to seed is Saturday, then after Sunday it will warm up with lows averaging around +5 - 7.

If you have seeds that have already germinated, the cold this weekend may give you some issues.
anatman wrote: My program is to dethatch, aerate, overseed, fertilize, and then top.

Triple mix contains compost so you don't need to add fertilizer. Since I'm overseeding I've put some immediate release phosphorous fertilizer down with my triple mix top dressing to help root growth. Presumably the lawn soil with "starter fertilizer" has this already (plus immediate release nitrogen). Add fertilizer after about a month if you need it.

FWIW, weather in Toronto looks good for overseeding right now. Rainy to keep the seed from drying out and still cool enough that our northern climate grasses will still germinate.
Nov 25, 2010
188 posts
492 upvotes
Burlington
Different grass seeds are on clearance too, just search for Sta-Green on their website.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
2115 posts
1262 upvotes
dib wrote: Different grass seeds are on clearance too, just search for Sta-Green on their website.
I bought that grass seed as part of the air miles promo, i wonder if I can get a price adjustment.
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
Isn’t it still to cold to lay down grass seeds in the GTA? I thought about it to take advantage of all this rain but not sure if it’s still to cold at night
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
platinumtiger19 wrote: Isn’t it still to cold to lay down grass seeds in the GTA? I thought about it to take advantage of all this rain but not sure if it’s still to cold at night
Grass seeds are very resilient, I already did mine looking great
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
RFD effect. this triple mix has been on clearance for at least couple of weeks now. I bought some bags two weeks ago when there were plenty. Went out of stock after this post lol
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
platinumtiger19 wrote: Isn’t it still to cold to lay down grass seeds in the GTA? I thought about it to take advantage of all this rain but not sure if it’s still to cold at night
No it's pretty perfect. Northern grasses need the cold. I've seeded too late many times and it leads to piss-poor results. Next best window if you don't get it down this week will probably be at the end of the season in the fall. If you see most of your grass is green and growing, it means that the grass has redirected its growth from root development to blade growth.

Besides, for the first few days you basically just need the seed to be cool and moist. Frost won't hurt them until after they germinate.
Oct 11, 2006
263 posts
128 upvotes
Oakville
SS76SS wrote: So I went to pick up my order just now and they had sold out of this product despite the fact that I had paid in full online. So right away they offered me the Scotts turf builder as a like-for-like replacement. Very happy with the way this turned out. If you can still buy it online I suggest you do immediately and that is likely going to be to be result.
Did you order lawn soil or the triple mix max?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)