Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Stainmaster vinyl plank floor 2.29 sq.ft, plus save 15%

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2016 8:40 am
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan

[Lowe's] Stainmaster vinyl plank floor 2.29 sq.ft, plus save 15%

Use the SAVE15 code if spending over $500.

Works out to be $2.24 sq. ft. taxes in. I know the Costco golden select one was on sale and worked out to be 2.08 a sq. ft. after taxes. Not sure which is better though, quality wise.
91 replies
Jun 20, 2011
330 posts
107 upvotes
This looks like a good deal.

I'm still deciding between Vinyl planks and Laminate for my basement including kitchen. I have never walked on Vinyl planks , any reviews?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
hurlyhunk wrote: This looks like a good deal.

I'm still deciding between Vinyl planks and Laminate for my basement including kitchen. I have never walked on Vinyl planks , any reviews?
I just finished doing 1500 square feet of vinyl (https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6-in ... 12439.html). I put it on top of dricore and absolutely love it. The only thing I don't like is it seems to scratch a lot easier than laminate (could also be the colour or specific type I bought).

In terms of look, every single person I've shown the floor to has thought it was laminate and not vinyl.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
I have the expensive vinyl I bought for 70.00 a box from home depot 100% water proof I love it it sucks installing it make sure go from wall to wall love the clean ups so much better
Images
  • upload.jpg
Love saving money......
Jun 8, 2015
11 posts
2 upvotes
Westlock, AB
Definitely go vinyl plank. I've used it in my last two renos and it is far superior to laminate. Water resistant, easier to install, and a little more durable in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4446 posts
2133 upvotes
Toronto
sassysue wrote: I have the expensive vinyl I bought for 70.00 a box from home depot 100% water proof I love it it sucks installing it make sure go from wall to wall love the clean ups so much better
Whats's with all the gaps between the planks? And why didn't you stagger the joints better? Was this a glue down or click/lock installation?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1416 posts
289 upvotes
EDM Area
wheelz wrote: know the Costco golden select one was on sale and worked out to be 2.08 a sq. ft. after taxes. Not sure which is better though, quality wise.
I am curious about this also
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
Repooc wrote:
sassysue wrote: I have the expensive vinyl I bought for 70.00 a box from home depot 100% water proof I love it it sucks installing it make sure go from wall to wall love the clean ups so much better
Whats's with all the gaps between the planks? And why didn't you stagger the joints better? Was this a glue down or click/lock installation?
Everyone's a pro with youtube nowadays...that looks bad no offense to the owner/installer of said floor.
Oct 7, 2003
490 posts
323 upvotes
Agreed it looks bad

Just gonna stick with laminate here
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
Sw0op wrote: Agreed it looks bad

Just gonna stick with laminate here
Don't let a bad installation job sway you away from a perfectly good product. If installed in a humid environment, or where spills or water damage is a possibility,vinyl will be the perfect choice.
Oct 31, 2014
506 posts
467 upvotes
Victoria, BC
We did vinyl tile in the bathroom/kitchen and laminate everywhere else (laminate looked nicer, and is thicker so gives you a bigger thermal break). Good laminate handles spills fine as long as you clean them up, I left a cutoff piece completely submerged in a bucket of water for a week and it didnt' change appreciably for the first couple of days, by the end of the week it had swollen less than a 1/16" and was still quite solid. It's not necessarily the sponge some people make it out to be (there are shitty laminates out there that will suck up water like a piece of corrugated cardboard)
Jan 29, 2005
288 posts
239 upvotes
Chestermere, AB
Bawler wrote:

I just finished doing 1500 square feet of vinyl (https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.6-in ... 12439.html). I put it on top of dricore and absolutely love it. The only thing I don't like is it seems to scratch a lot easier than laminate (could also be the colour or specific type I bought).

In terms of look, every single person I've shown the floor to has thought it was laminate and not vinyl.

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see a wide shot of your floor. I'm planning to swap out our floor this spring and I roughly have the same amount of square footage.

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
wheelz wrote: Use the SAVE15 code if spending over $500.

Works out to be $2.24 sq. ft. taxes in. I know the Costco golden select one was on sale and worked out to be 2.08 a sq. ft. after taxes. Not sure which is better though, quality wise.
how is this different from laminate flooring? not long ago we bought 12 mm laminate wood flooring (it has the padding attached to it) and it just clips together. How is this one different?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4205 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Bawler wrote:

Aren't we hoping they think it's wood, rather than laminate trying to look like wood? lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
4got10 wrote:
wheelz wrote: know the Costco golden select one was on sale and worked out to be 2.08 a sq. ft. after taxes. Not sure which is better though, quality wise.
I am curious about this also
So I just picked up a box from Lowe's and the Stainmaster surface seems more durable. It's more difficult to scratch and more rugged upon initial observations compared to the Golden Select.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4205 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
vorthex wrote:

how is this different from laminate flooring? not long ago we bought 12 mm laminate wood flooring (it has the padding attached to it) and it just clips together. How is this one different?
Same idea ... planks that clip together, but the material is all vinyl (no wood at all). As a result it is much thinner and not susceptible to water damage.
Mar 28, 2012
42 posts
12 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER

We just installed Golden Select in the kitchen. It looks great but is a lot thinner than the more expensive ones. Definitely go with a thicker vinyl. It's more durable.
Dec 30, 2013
452 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga

I'm a flooring installer by trade, go with gluedown vinyl plank, perfect for basement and can withstand any minor water damage
Dec 30, 2013
452 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga
Lanthie wrote:

We just installed Golden Select in the kitchen. It looks great but is a lot thinner than the more expensive ones. Definitely go with a thicker vinyl. It's more durable.
The thickness of the plank doesn't nessessarly mean its more durable
Mar 28, 2012
42 posts
12 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
AkaTdog wrote:
Lanthie wrote:

The thickness of the plank doesn't nessessarly mean its more durable
The Costco Golden Select also seems to have less texture stamped on it than high quality ones.