Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Sunjoe 12Amp/13 inch Dethatcher Stealth Discount - $139 from $189

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 11:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
This is also a normal sale price if anyone is wondering. There are a bunch of threads in rfd about this, mixed review in my opinion.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Jul 17, 2010
362 posts
399 upvotes
peekabo wrote: what about aerator?
You need to rent one from tool rental store. Only gas engine can power the machine.
Mar 19, 2002
436 posts
262 upvotes
n7n1c1
Thanks OP. Bought one for shipping.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
ordered for ispu

op thanked
Jul 17, 2010
362 posts
399 upvotes
cpfan wrote: Google "lawn dethatcher purpose". Pick an article.

Short description: helps get rid of dead grass in your lawn. Something my lawn is definitely in need of. Not sure what the scarifier does.
Scarifier works the same way as the gas dethacher machine you rent from Home Depot or other tool rental places. It is quite agressive on the lawn which will remove all the thatch plus weaker grass and scratch the soil. You use it before reseeding. The dethacher attachment doesn't do as good job as the scarifier attachment, but it is gentler on your lawn. Use it if you are not planning to reseed.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
anshiren wrote: Ordered with out putting the $5 coupon. May I ask what is the code or how to apply that?
Ordered without it either. I have had Lowes display $5/$10/$15 off coupons when completing the order, you must click it to apply. I have used them in the past and did not get one this time. I have also had the amount fluctuate for the exact same shopping cart depending on the time of day and what computer/device I'm on (very random). Sure beats renting one every year financially if you have extra storage space.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Ordered one. Thanks OP. I set the store to one that wasn’t the closest but that had items in stock and selected free parcel delivery and it still gave me the $139 price with free shipping to my address.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1263 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: This is also a normal sale price if anyone is wondering. There are a bunch of threads in rfd about this, mixed review in my opinion.
As opposed to a special sale price? Given the choices that we have today between this and the Canadian Tire model corded dethatcher without scarifier, I think this unit is a good buy for the spring season.
Aug 11, 2004
220 posts
278 upvotes
Oakville
Seems replacing the tines is not as easy as the greenworks and half the warranty.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
ODoyleRulz wrote:
Ordered without it either. I have had Lowes display $5/$10/$15 off coupons when completing the order, you must click it to apply. I have used them in the past and did not get one this time. I have also had the amount fluctuate for the exact same shopping cart depending on the time of day and what computer/device I'm on (very random). Sure beats renting one every year financially if you have extra storage space.

Thanks. I ended up canceling my order and price matched with 10% price beat at Home Depot for 125 plus tax. Money is not the major factor, warranty is: for online order lowes only accept return within 30days for unopened product while Home Depot have 90 days and officially they state it should be unopened similiar as lawn lower, but you always can try your luck in different store if you want to return used and some may still accept it as well.

For me I feel better with 90 days as I may not use it till late Apr or early May before overseeding. Plus I read some review online that some certain plastic parts breaks easily within first 2-3 hours. I normally experience better service at Home Depot so just kind of insurance for me in case the I got bad luck.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
May 17, 2013
63 posts
129 upvotes
Just noticed that GCR has 6.5% cash back at Lowe's.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
anshiren wrote: Thanks. I ended up canceling my order and price matched with 10% price beat at Home Depot for 125 plus tax. Money is not the major factor, warranty is: for online order lowes only accept return within 30days for unopened product while Home Depot have 90 days and officially they state it should be unopened similiar as lawn lower, but you always can try your luck in different store if you want to return used and some may still accept it as well.

For me I feel better with 90 days as I may not use it till late Apr or early May before overseeding. Plus I read some review online that some certain plastic parts breaks easily within first 2-3 hours. I normally experience better service at Home Depot so just kind of insurance for me in case the I got bad luck.
Thank you anshiren for sharing your decision, I actually did the same thing this morning! My nearest Lowes store was out-of-stock as of this morning but they changed the store to Hamilton (still have 3) to price match to $125 plus tax, free shipping. Like you said, the return policy makes all the difference with this purchase. Cheers!
Mar 21, 2019
48 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
ODoyleRulz wrote: Thank you anshiren for sharing your decision, I actually did the same thing this morning! My nearest Lowes store was out-of-stock as of this morning but they changed the store to Hamilton (still have 3) to price match to $125 plus tax, free shipping. Like you said, the return policy makes all the difference with this purchase. Cheers!
PM online or in store?
Jan 5, 2013
67 posts
149 upvotes
Thanks to the OP I was watching this just pulled the plug on one out of Oshawa local BC store had none.
Nov 16, 2006
455 posts
91 upvotes
Just place order online for pickup or free shipping and then talk to the agent online for price. Don't forget the ebates
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
peekabo wrote: PM online or in store?
I believe you can do both but I did online by calling and proving the lowes detail. They happily did it with free shipping.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1137 posts
1082 upvotes
Mooooonnn
ODoyleRulz wrote: Thank you anshiren for sharing your decision, I actually did the same thing this morning! My nearest Lowes store was out-of-stock as of this morning but they changed the store to Hamilton (still have 3) to price match to $125 plus tax, free shipping. Like you said, the return policy makes all the difference with this purchase. Cheers!
You are very welcome and I am glad to hear this helps some fellow rfders.

Price wise it is similiar as Home Depot is giving 10% price beat down from 139 while lowes can apply a $5-10 coupon email sign up. But I feel a generous 90 days return policy/customer service from home depot will give me confidence, in case this doesn’t work properly or breaks down at initial use.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
peekabo wrote:
PM online or in store?
I called in and did it over the phone right at open (8am). Lowe’s stock is getting low. You must select a Lowe’s store that has it in-store for the $50 deal to work (doesn’t need to be the closest store to you).
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So do I place order online first, then call in with my order number, to adjust, or call them with the sku and ask to place the order?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)