None
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1297 posts
359 upvotes
Kanata
GreyingJay wrote:
Dec 15th, 2009 11:18 am
Really? Perhaps prices vary by region, or maybe I've just been lucky. I shop at the Rona in Ottawa on Hunt Club. I've had some pretty good deals there, including a few open box DeWalt tools. I bought a DW703 miter saw which included a bonus bundle of a free 25-foot extension cord and a corded 3/8" VSR drill, and I got an additional 10% off for taking the display model.

They're also the only place I've found that sells a particular red "all in one" screwdriver which is the most useful of its kind I've ever seen, and it's only about $7 too.
I really like that Rona for the drive through lumbar yard. Makes it a lot easier than trying to navigate a loaded wood cart with lumber sticking out 12
Feet through the store.
May 28, 2012
10181 posts
2338 upvotes
Saskatoon
Lowe's will price match an online retailer, whereas Home Depot will not. However, if there is a promo going on with Lowe's, you can't stack it with a price match....not sure if that's possible at HD. I don't shop at Canadian Tire or Rona unless it's for the convenience. I wouldn't automatically assume that HD was the cheapest. I bought a set of pliers at HD and found the exact same pair at CT for a buck or so less.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1872 posts
317 upvotes
Burlington
I like Lowes but not the new ones. The one in Burlington was their "design centre" or something. And I don't like how it is organized and always have trouble finding things. And always have to walk all the way around the stupid appliance section.

But I do prefer HD and Lowes over Rona (Burlington Rona is tiny) and CTC. Lowes has some nice vanities and other things that I find look better and cheaper than the ones HD carries.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8014 posts
540 upvotes
Scarborough
I live within 5km with all three, I like Lowe's. However, if you are looking for the professional helps, Home Depot wins. Rona is my last choice or a quick trip for parts I know for sure.