Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Weber Genesis II E-310 (save the tax + $40 online promo code +1% ebates)

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2017 7:42 pm
May 30, 2009
48 posts
40 upvotes
Burlington

[Lowe's] Weber Genesis II E-310 (save the tax + $40 online promo code +1% ebates)

There's the save the tax event on BBQ's and bbq accessories this weekend at Lowes for their preanniversary sale. There's already a post on redflagdeals but whats not mentioned is that if you spend $775 online shopping cart you also get $40 off promo code at checkout.

Here's a screenshot of my order.

I don't know how much worse the made in china Genesis II models are going to be compared to the older models. But I thought I would give it a shot since we needed a bbq now and I didn't manage to get any of the last years models on clearance in February.
Images
  • Screenshot (2).png
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
wrong model number
Last edited by sassysue on Apr 30th, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love saving money......
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
dinkeye wrote: How is it cheaper? It's $899m
so freaking weird 10 minutes ago it was 649.99 i was actually gonna order it too should of oh well if u google the model number it was showing on google also on the ads

just noticed the 649.99 is the regular model so whats the difference in the II vs the non II?
Love saving money......
Jul 21, 2006
617 posts
212 upvotes
Weber is now mostly Chinese made crap.
Jan 21, 2007
534 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I had a chance to check out the Genesis II in store and I agree with the assessment... find some remaining stock of the Genesis I. I don't like the construction of the lid versus the old one. The plastics make it look cheaper also.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
sassysue wrote: just noticed the 649.99 is the regular model so whats the difference in the II vs the non II?
the Genesis II comes in 2-6 burners setup (where the previous only had 3), has new burner system, the II loses cabinet and is made in China compared to the non II

the Genesis II has an additional line, the II LX is made in USA and has additional features and it's a premium model compared to the regular Genesis II

I personally have the non II and didn't really like the new Genesis II when i saw it
Jan 22, 2017
147 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Uberclk wrote: the Genesis II comes in 2-6 burners setup (where the previous only had 3), has new burner system, the II loses cabinet and is made in China compared to the non II

the Genesis II has an additional line, the II LX is made in USA and has additional features and it's a premium model compared to the regular Genesis II

I personally have the non II and didn't really like the new Genesis II when i saw it
What would you recommend for a roughly $700-800 budget if not Weber? I'm new to grilling and was considering this one:

https://www.lowes.ca/gas-bbq-grills/web ... 09961.html
"You listen to me, you'll go to the top. You don't listen to me, you're never heard from again!"
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
Uberclk wrote: the Genesis II comes in 2-6 burners setup (where the previous only had 3), has new burner system, the II loses cabinet and is made in China compared to the non II

Just going to correct you. The LX is assembled in the USA from Chinese parts. Still garbage.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
2020 posts
1035 upvotes
Scarborough
bobbyheenan wrote: What would you recommend for a roughly $700-800 budget if not Weber? I'm new to grilling and was considering this one:

with the new Genesis models available i would try to look the older stock of the previous model.. not too long ago remember seeing some post about the S-330 but maybe search the site for recent posts in the last few months to see what kind of prices people were able to get for the older ones..
Sep 24, 2011
669 posts
414 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Very good choice anyways. I opted for the char broil for 299$ at gome depot. So far I like it a lot.
Images
  • IMG_7406.PNG
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
polorico wrote: Very good choice anyways. I opted for the char broil for 299$ at gome depot. So far I like it a lot.
Don't mislead people, that test was done before they moved production overseas for the 2017 line.

http://bourlierbbq.com/WEBERREPLACEMENT.html
New 2017: Weber Stephen has released it’s new Genesis II line of grills. Much
like the Spirit series, they are now made in China. Price range $499—$1999.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
i will stick with my bbq i got from lowes i love it but my dripping tray rotted out i may get a new one i got a quote for stainless steel from a local guy for 70.00 2 to do 2 drip trays may as well do that
Love saving money......
Dec 10, 2006
999 posts
492 upvotes
Mississauga
For anyone interested in the old genesis models, Rona has them and are also on sale in their flyer. Sounds like they are getting rid of their warehouse inventory.

They have the stainless steel genesis S330 for 1049 plus tax. It's basically $150 off original price but like everyone says, it's the last batch before they got China to manufacture their parts in the Genesis II.
May 7, 2016
484 posts
426 upvotes
Do we have official confirmation that the Genesis I components were manufactured in the US? We know they were assembled there (not much assembly in a BBQ that comes in a box and you have to build yourself), but do we know the country of origin?
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11163 upvotes
bobbyheenan wrote: What would you recommend for a roughly $700-800 budget if not Weber? I'm new to grilling and was considering this one:

I love my Napoleon. IT is 10 years old now, and still runs like new. I have replaced 1 self tapping screw with a larger self tapping screw. I have also upgraded to a better electric starter, and added the infrared side burner as well. That is what I love about Napoleon, all the parts from the models above, can be installed on the basic model too. I may add the rotisserie this summer, all the holes and mounting provisions are already there. They were just covered by a SS plate.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1433 posts
940 upvotes
Vancouver
carztoronto wrote: Do we have official confirmation that the Genesis I components were manufactured in the US? We know they were assembled there (not much assembly in a BBQ that comes in a box and you have to build yourself), but do we know the country of origin?
The last generation Genesis S BBQ's were assembled in america but contained some degree of offshore components. I'd imagine the Genesis II LX is similar so it shouldn't be a big deal.

BBQ's are simple machines. On BBQ's, the engineered design and specifications of the components used to build them play a larger factor in quality than the quality control process during manufacturing. Weber designs their BBQ's in the USA and they spec top grade components where it matters. The problems that arise on BBQ's are usually not due to poor quality control but rather the fact that the manufacturer had specified inferior metals and components to meet a certain price point (430 stainless or thin 304 stainless doesn't end up in a BBQ by accident). You really think the Chinese BBQ's sold at Walmart were intended to be equivalent to Weber but sell for a fraction of the price of a Weber? Of course not, they were designed to be crap because consumers want a cheap product. IMO, I think Weber can produce a rock solid Chinese BBQ if they want to. The question is whether they really want to. The original Genesis models sold from 1985 - mid2000's were so reliable that many of them are still in use today. In fact there's a huge cult following that swears a refurbished 1985 - 2000's generation Weber is better than any new Made in USA Weber because they believe Weber intentionally doesn't want their BBQ's to last 20-30 years anymore. Anyhow, I think Weber is trying to make the new Chinese Genesis II the same quality as the previous Genesis S series by specifying the same types of materials used in the older Genesis S.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
Was lucky enough to find a new in box Weber s330 LP at rona in etobicoke. Got 10% cash back too. Price was $1099, which is not a hot deal, warm at best, given low stock everywhere. I believe all NG models are cleared out. Just a few spots left with new in box or display models.
Apr 26, 2003
997 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
turbo_slug wrote: The last generation Genesis S BBQ's were assembled in america but contained some degree of offshore components. I'd imagine the Genesis II LX is similar so it shouldn't be a big deal.

BBQ's are simple machines. On BBQ's, the engineered design and specifications of the components used to build them play a larger factor in quality than the quality control process during manufacturing. Weber designs their BBQ's in the USA and they spec top grade components where it matters. The problems that arise on BBQ's are usually not due to poor quality control but rather the fact that the manufacturer had specified inferior metals and components to meet a certain price point (430 stainless or thin 304 stainless doesn't end up in a BBQ by accident). You really think the Chinese BBQ's sold at Walmart were intended to be equivalent to Weber but sell for a fraction of the price of a Weber? Of course not, they were designed to be crap because consumers want a cheap product. IMO, I think Weber can produce a rock solid Chinese BBQ if they want to. The question is whether they really want to. The original Genesis models sold from 1985 - mid2000's were so reliable that many of them are still in use today. In fact there's a huge cult following that swears a refurbished 1985 - 2000's generation Weber is better than any new Made in USA Weber because they believe Weber intentionally doesn't want their BBQ's to last 20-30 years anymore. Anyhow, I think Weber is trying to make the new Chinese Genesis II the same quality as the previous Genesis S series by specifying the same types of materials used in the older Genesis S.
This is spot on. I used to work in China and worked with many American companies. The problems with the new Genesis seem design related and not due to manufacturing location.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)