Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowe's

Weber Genesis S-330 $935

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2016 4:31 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20806 posts
6622 upvotes
London
StealthFinder wrote: Just to add another point of view. I am told that the big box store grills by Weber, Napoleon etc etc are made in China. If you went to a specialty Fireplace or BBQ store, they will ONLY sell you the Canadian made stuff which is a much better quality in terms of thickness of Stainless Steel, grates etc etc. I would suggest doing your research rather than jumping into something.
Weber spirit = china
Weber Genesis = north America
Broil King = North America
Napoleon prestige = North America

Broil mate (HD), Sterling ( Rona) = check box, both china and North America
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
You seem to be a practical kind of guy. I too drive a Hyundai and live modestly. Here is what I live by though. Flipp, Kijiji and RFD. They are my go to for everything. I do believe in buying the best for the least. I bought a 5 year old $2800 Napoleon BBQ which was in mint condition for $400. Having owned several cheaper brands of BBQ, I must say, my current BBQ is simply amazing.

Having said that, I do believe Char Broil (I had it for 10 + years but never took care of it due to my ignorance) is a half decent bbq. You won't get even grilling but it will do its job.

For those folks who feel the need to invest in a expensive BBQ, give Kijiji a try first and be patient.
welldone123 wrote:
N8Magic wrote: In all seriousness though, the difference between a cheap grill and a more expensive one can be bigger than you might think.

It's like using a screwdriver to hammer in a nail. It will get the job done, but the end results won't be as good and you sure as heck will be frustrated while doing it.
I do not know anything about expensive bbq's. I only ever buy <$250 bbq's. I bought this one for $179 in 2008: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000 ... oCxpDw_wcB

I got a replacement Flav-R-Wav thing around year 4 as it was still under warranty. The H-burner died on me at in my 6th year (it has a 5 year warranty). I called up Char Broil 800 number, talked very nicely, and they sent me a new H-burner for free.

The BBQ is still going strong and works wonderfully. I do not cover it, but I will clean it every second year or so.

I also drive a $200 sportchek diamondback mountbike... purchased around 2007/2008. I ride it 30x a year. It still is great too.

I really do not understand the need or desire for expensive bbqs or expensive mountain bikes. Yes I am sure they are great and much better than the ones I own... Mabye my humble up-bringing makes me not care for such expesive items.

PS: I drive a Hyundai, even though I could afford a much more expensive vehicle.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
You are absolutely right for the most part. I read somewhere that even some of what you have mentioned which have the NA label, they source some of the parts in China and are sold to the big box stores for bulk purchases. The specialty BBQ stores get the top of line products.
l69norm wrote:
StealthFinder wrote: Just to add another point of view. I am told that the big box store grills by Weber, Napoleon etc etc are made in China. If you went to a specialty Fireplace or BBQ store, they will ONLY sell you the Canadian made stuff which is a much better quality in terms of thickness of Stainless Steel, grates etc etc. I would suggest doing your research rather than jumping into something.
Weber spirit = china

Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
StealthFinder wrote: You seem to be a practical kind of guy. I too drive a Hyundai and live modestly. Here is what I live by though. Flipp, Kijiji and RFD. They are my go to for everything. I do believe in buying the best for the least. I bought a 5 year old $2800 Napoleon BBQ which was in mint condition for $400. Having owned several cheaper brands of BBQ, I must say, my current BBQ is simply amazing.

Having said that, I do believe Char Broil (I had it for 10 + years but never took care of it due to my ignorance) is a half decent bbq. You won't get even grilling but it will do its job.

For those folks who feel the need to invest in a expensive BBQ, give Kijiji a try first and be patient.
welldone123 wrote:
N8Magic wrote: In all seriousness though, the difference between a cheap grill and a more expensive one can be bigger than you might think.

It's like using a screwdriver to hammer in a nail. It will get the job done, but the end results won't be as good and you sure as heck will be frustrated while doing it.
I do not know anything about expensive bbq's. I only ever buy <$250 bbq's. I bought this one for $179 in 2008: https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000 ... oCxpDw_wcB

I got a replacement Flav-R-Wav thing around year 4 as it was still under warranty. The H-burner died on me at in my 6th year (it has a 5 year warranty). I called up Char Broil 800 number, talked very nicely, and they sent me a new H-burner for free.

The BBQ is still going strong and works wonderfully. I do not cover it, but I will clean it every second year or so.

I also drive a $200 sportchek diamondback mountbike... purchased around 2007/2008. I ride it 30x a year. It still is great too.

I really do not understand the need or desire for expensive bbqs or expensive mountain bikes. Yes I am sure they are great and much better than the ones I own... Mabye my humble up-bringing makes me not care for such expesive items.

PS: I drive a Hyundai, even though I could afford a much more expensive vehicle.
Cool story bros
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
StealthFinder wrote: You are absolutely right for the most part. I read somewhere that even some of what you have mentioned which have the NA label, they source some of the parts in China and are sold to the big box stores for bulk purchases. The specialty BBQ stores get the top of line products.
l69norm wrote:
Weber spirit = china

Can you provide proof that Weber Genesis, Broil King, and Napoleon Prestige have chinese parts at a big box store, and the same models at the independent dealers do not?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Are you kidding me. NO, I do not have proof. I am not the manufacturer. Like I said, I read this somewhere. Maybe I am wrong. All I am saying is do your due diligence and do not just go for the mktg hype. It's an easy solution. Call any of the specialty BBQ stores around and get their opinion. If everything checks out, buy it.
Bordak wrote:
StealthFinder wrote: You are absolutely right for the most part. I read somewhere that even some of what you have mentioned which have the NA label, they source some of the parts in China and are sold to the big box stores for bulk purchases. The specialty BBQ stores get the top of line products.
l69norm wrote:

Weber spirit = china

Can you provide proof that Weber Genesis, Broil King, and Napoleon Prestige have chinese parts at a big box store, and the same models at the independent dealers do not?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
S330 is made in the US, all the major components are stainless steel, comes with SS grill, flavourizer bars etc.

I have the NG model, bought it back in July, worth every penny. The heat control and consistency is excellent, it's my first BBQ and I find it very easy to use, was grilling perfect striploin steaks my second time ever BBQ'ing anything.

Not to say that cheaper grills are a lot worse, but you get what you pay for.

In terms of durability, I'll see. Mine's only a few months old so way too soon to tell, but FWIW I have friends who only buy BBQs in the $400-500 ranges and they have to replace them every 4 years, so roughly $100 a year. If S330 lasts at least 10 years, then you're really getting the same value as a cheaper grill.

In regards to certain parts being made in China, logic dictates that not every single component, wire, nut, screw, bolt, piece of metal is going to be manufactured in the US. But all the major components, the critical ones, should be made in the US.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4003 posts
1841 upvotes
Thanks, I've been looking for a deal on this one.

Could do without the greater-than-thou posts about buying a BBQ north of $500 in here though.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
StealthFinder wrote: Are you kidding me. NO, I do not have proof. I am not the manufacturer.
Then why make such a baseless claim. In your words: " I read somewhere that even some of what you have mentioned which have the NA label, they source some of the parts in China and are sold to the big box stores for bulk purchases."

So, you read "somewhere", but can't tell us where. Some parts, but can't tell us which parts. Maybe some brands, but can't tell us which brands?
Like I said, I read this somewhere. Maybe I am wrong. All I am saying is do your due diligence and do not just go for the mktg hype.
Due diligence says that the brands listed above are all made in North America. You are the sole person disputing it.
It's an easy solution. Call any of the specialty BBQ stores around and get their opinion. If everything checks out, buy it.
Call the guys who want to sell you a grill, and ask, for example, if the S330 they are selling is better than Home Depot's S330. I wonder what they will say. (Here is an example: Weber independents can sell the "Special Edition" with thicker stainless grates, at a price premium. That is the sole difference.)
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
If you are going to price match at HD, don't forget to use your HD credit card. You get 18 months to pay without interest. This deal is on only until next Wednesday. Otherwise it is 6 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Bordak, to each their own. My purpose was to share what I know after having spoken to 3 specialty bbq shops. Not to negate or argue with anyone else.
Bordak wrote:
StealthFinder wrote: Are you kidding me. NO, I do not have proof. I am not the manufacturer.
Then why make such a baseless claim. In your words: " I read somewhere that even some of what you have mentioned which have the NA label, they source some of the parts in China and are sold to the big box stores for bulk purchases."

So, you read "somewhere", but can't tell us where. Some parts, but can't tell us which parts. Maybe some brands, but can't tell us which brands?
Like I said, I read this somewhere. Maybe I am wrong. All I am saying is do your due diligence and do not just go for the mktg hype.
Due diligence says that the brands listed above are all made in North America. You are the sole person disputing it.
It's an easy solution. Call any of the specialty BBQ stores around and get their opinion. If everything checks out, buy it.
Call the guys who want to sell you a grill, and ask, for example, if the S330 they are selling is better than Home Depot's S330. I wonder what they will say. (Here is an example: Weber independents can sell the "Special Edition" with thicker stainless grates, at a price premium. That is the sole difference.)
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Are Natural Gas BBQ's only meant for homes that have a dedicated outdoor gas line or can you buy NG tanks just like the propane ones?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20806 posts
6622 upvotes
London
Winkle wrote: ..
In regards to certain parts being made in China, logic dictates that not every single component, wire, nut, screw, bolt, piece of metal is going to be manufactured in the US. But all the major components, the critical ones, should be made in the US.
a) I think what's more important is that Weber, etc has a readily available stock of replacement parts, regardless of where those parts were originally made

Think 5 years from now when I need some small $20 part. You'll be able to order parts for a Weber, etc but not necessarily for a generic Chinese BBQ.

b) btw, the most important part of a high end BBQ isn't made from stainless steel. The fire box and lid are usually made from cast aluminum ($$$) as it retains heat much better than sheet steel.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Sievert wrote: Are Natural Gas BBQ's only meant for homes that have a dedicated outdoor gas line or can you buy NG tanks just like the propane ones?
You need a line. No NG portable tanks.
StealthFinder wrote: Bordak, to each their own. My purpose was to share what I know after having spoken to 3 specialty bbq shops. Not to negate or argue with anyone else.
Sure which is fair, but also fair to keep in mind that the specialty BBQ shops are also looking out for their own interests and competing against the big box stores. So, always take anything any sales person from any store with a grain of salt because their priority is first and foremost to make a sale.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4003 posts
1841 upvotes
Got HD to PM Aat Cityview location in Vaughan.

Needed to get manager approval as the associate wouldn't give it to me since it was an "online code"

Bought the natural gas version

1,149 - 15% - 10% price beat - 10% HD credit card

Sweet deal!
Jul 5, 2010
613 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Killed it. Pls post receipts for the others.
Jul 5, 2010
613 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Killed it. Pls post receipts for the others.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
Got the NG ver. Only managed to get a price match (1149 and 15% off). They wouldn't do additional 10% price beat. I didn't bother driving to another HD to try.

On a side note, I was also suggested to purchase these that are shown in the picture. I don't know if I need them or not??? I haven't even look closely at my gas line yet as I took possession of my place recently.

Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
4003 posts
1841 upvotes
My NG came to $775+HST after the 10% HD Credit card discount.

It also looks like the cashier took 25% off 1,149, instead of taking 15% off first, and then 10% off the pricematch. Just noticed it now.

Crazy deal.

To poster above me, that makes no sense that they wouldn't beat since it's their policy. That they matched to begin with means they should be beating it by 10%.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)