• Apr 16th, 2008 2:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 20, 2006
157 posts
13 upvotes

[Lowe's] Lowe's - Zero Monthly Payments & Interest for 12 Months

I wouldn't consider this a "hot" deal but a good deal none the less for those looking to renovate or do some work around their homes. Lowe's is offering a "Zero Monthly Payments & Interest for 12 Months" promotion on all purchases of $299 or more made on your Lowe's Consumer Credit Card April 10 through April 20, 2008.

The catch - Interest assessed from purchase date if you do not fully pay, within the promotional period, the promo purchase and any related optional credit insurance charges.

Basically that translates to getting a 28.8% interest charge. Yeah, that's quite the ass bang if you can't pay (sorry for that analogy but it's a HIGH interest rate).

Check out the link for those that are interested:

http://www.lowes.ca/credit_services.aspx

P.S. - Sorry if this is a repost but I did a quick search and nothing came up.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4447 posts
1220 upvotes
A Place to Stand
mgronqui wrote:
Apr 16th, 2008 10:47 am
There's probably an admin fee.
They always hump you with that admin fee which negates the "no interest" claim. Not sure about this one though, don't see mention of it, but I did not really look too hard.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4108 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
midget_man wrote:
Apr 16th, 2008 11:05 am
They always hump you with that admin fee which negates the "no interest" claim. Not sure about this one though, don't see mention of it, but I did not really look too hard.
Home Depot has no fees on their 6month and 12month no pay or interset offers
Jul 9, 2005
31 posts
1 upvote
There is no admin fee. I have used a similar promotion many times with HomeDepot with 6 months free interest and now Lowes has upped the ante.

Just received my Lowes card and now will be giving it a workout.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1364 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Drthorne wrote:
Apr 16th, 2008 11:25 am
Home Depot has no fees on their 6month and 12month no pay or interset offers
+1. Also, I think Home Depot has the same promo this weekend as well... Im pretty sure I seen it in the flyer.
× < >