Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 29, 2010
874 posts
63 upvotes
London

Lump in Forehead ~ Concerned...

My mother, in her mid-50s has noticed, for the past year or so, a lump beneath her skin at the pre-forehead area, the space between the eyes.

The lump feels like a swollen artery beneath the skin that runs vertically down the center space between the two eyes and ends just before the dip to the start of the nose. She says it has grown larger of the year. When she rubs it, there is no pain. One consistent peculiarity is when she rubs / explores it for a several seconds her eyes begin to tear up enough to make it seem like she is crying with exceptional volume. This can last for several seconds and then winds down. The pattern is consistent.

She spoke with her family doctor three-times; the doctor was quick to dismiss the issue as a symptom of old-age; no further explanation, exams, or even an inspection was made on all occasions. My mom is very concerned about the issue as none of her friends of similar age or older have such a problem, and her family doctor has a history of ignoring her concerns ~ for a knee pains (my mother bypassed the family doctor, got a second opinion, and was green-lit for knee surgery; all is better now) and her niece's ailments (the family doctor said the ailment wasnt serious; to take an aspirin; my mother ignored it, went to ER and discovered the child had cancer).

Can anyone tell me what this lump beneath her pre-forehead is and why does it invoke tears on rubbing it? My mother is planning on seeing the family doctor again tomorrow and will ask about the issue. After that we're heading to a walk-in clinic for a real answer however if anyone has any leads....

Thanks
Share:
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1322 upvotes
Simple.

Just have your mother get a second opinion from another Dr.
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
[OP]
Apr 29, 2010
874 posts
63 upvotes
London
Yes, like i said we're planning on going to a walkin clinic for a second opinion.

I was hoping for probable cause from someone out there while we waited, though.
Penalty Box
Feb 25, 2018
392 posts
133 upvotes
Sounds like a brain tumor.

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
476 upvotes
Rockwood
DaveVentura wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:51 am
Sounds like a brain tumor.

Only a 7 year bump...I think they'd know by now.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5294 posts
2932 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Sounds like a cyst...
And yes people are more prone to getting them as they age

Honestly, your Mom needs to find ANOTHER FAMILY DOCTOR
For her ongoing care
Someone who has more bed side manner, patience, and empathy
This Dr sounds like a COMPLETE JERK
Mar 27, 2015
974 posts
259 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Google Dr. Pimple Popper and watch some of her videos. She's always removing lumps/cysts that sound exactly what you are describing.
And of course you should find another dr. , I agree with the above poster.