Expired Group Deals

Luxury Plus Groupon ($299 for 1 Suit, $98 for 3 Custom Shirts)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2017 12:10 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 24, 2006
714 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto

Luxury Plus Groupon ($299 for 1 Suit, $98 for 3 Custom Shirts)

Hey guys, just noticed it myself but if you're in the market for a suit or shirt Groupon has a great deal:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/luxury-plus-1-10

Don't know about the quality, never bought from them before. Anyone with experience?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1894 posts
276 upvotes
GTA
"...wools, tweeds, and cashmeres gathered from Italy and the UK."

Has some good reviews and it's apparently "the groupon of the year"... This may be a good investment in a suit.
Nov 28, 2013
30 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Keep in mind the $299 suit is a wool suit
Jun 9, 2015
523 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The amount saved is crap. Their non-special rate isn't as expensive as it shows in the groupon. One of their suits that's supposed to be more expensive than this one goes from 420-470 (called them a couple days ago looking for suit options). They do good work though, I've gone a few times for my off the rack suit modifications and have purchased a custom made shirt in the past and. I will continue going there.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1267 posts
31 upvotes
jsands wrote:
Feb 9th, 2016 10:45 pm
As opposed to??
Aug 5, 2011
525 posts
78 upvotes
NORTH YORK
$299 for a tailored suit seems like a good deal.

Googled the place for some review, some are good and some are bad.

But all of them say that it takes a long time.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3297 posts
17 upvotes
So this groupon's been running for a few years. My experience is honestly good and bad.

Price: The groupon price does not include tax, so they will charge you tax after you show up with the coupon purchased. Alternative: call them before you buy coupon, they are willing to do a side deals and not charge tax if you pay cash.

Material: Groupon price is for BASIC material only, which doesn't include some better looking fabric/patterns. If you show up with the coupon, they will show you 3 fabric books of the cheapest material (which is still quite good, but will be plain/old fashioned patterns etc.), and try to upsell for you to upgrade to another set of fabrics. Also, they will tell you that the 299 suits are full canvassed, but they're only half canvassed. The material also doesn't feel like 100% wool to the touch but I have no real evidence to say otherwise.

Turnaround: Hit or miss, sometimes 2 weeks (amazing), sometimes 9 weeks (meh).

Location If you live uptown or have access to a vehicle it's not too bad. Their location sucks for everyone who live and work downtown. But price can't be beat so take it for what its worth.

Workmanship: Disclaimer that I have a bodybuilding bodytype (5'10, 40 chest, 31 waist, sloping/uneven shoulders, bent arms), so it's more difficult to make stuff for me. But I mean that's the whole point of going bespoke. All the shirts I've gotten fit perfect. However, my suits didn't turn out well the first time around. THE BIGGEST BEEF I have with them is that they will always try to tell you "this is normal" when you point out minor flaws (even if they are things like divots/rumpling on shoulders and bunching right below the neck in the back), and if you don't insist on changing things they will attempt to get you to take the product (unless obviously it is a very big mistake). But, once they agree to fix things, they're quite good about it (They've even given me bad shirts/suits for free and remade them due to mistakes being major).

So all in all, being the cheapo that I am, I would go back to them, but I would be very insistent when you spot minor flaws or they will try to get you to just take it away.
Mar 25, 2007
88 posts
51 upvotes
jsands wrote:
Feb 9th, 2016 10:45 pm
You guys might want to confirm with the store as the last time I checked they were offering wool "blends" for that price. I think it's an additional $100+ for 100% wool suits.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1819 posts
30 upvotes
I get very suspicious when things are too cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5498 posts
793 upvotes
Mont-Royal
a 6 hours drive from montreal...
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jul 29, 2005
538 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver
I had negative experience through Groupon with a company called "Peter Parvez"... maybe not the same company, but just be carful before buying the Groupon. I would go into the store to see if they actually have a tailor.

When I went to the "store", it was just a small room with a bunch of fabric. They had a person there with no tailoring experience and just did the measurements. They would then send the measurements to Hong Kong to get it stitched together and send it back to Canada. I never once dealt with a tailor so the guy just gave me crap advice each time about fitting. He kept pushing me to take the suit regardless of how it fit. Make sure you're dealing with someone who knows what they are talking about or at least bring someone with tailoring experience with you.

If you do end up buying from Groupon, wait until they provide a 20% off local deals to save a bit more. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
3297 posts
17 upvotes
SimpsonsFana wrote:
Feb 11th, 2016 11:39 am
I had negative experience through Groupon with a company called "Peter Parvez"... maybe not the same company, but just be carful before buying the Groupon. I would go into the store to see if they actually have a tailor.

When I went to the "store", it was just a small room with a bunch of fabric. They had a person there with no tailoring experience and just did the measurements. They would then send the measurements to Hong Kong to get it stitched together and send it back to Canada. I never once dealt with a tailor so the guy just gave me crap advice each time about fitting. He kept pushing me to take the suit regardless of how it fit. Make sure you're dealing with someone who knows what they are talking about or at least bring someone with tailoring experience with you.

If you do end up buying from Groupon, wait until they provide a 20% off local deals to save a bit more. Good luck!
Peter Parvez is a different guy who used to (maybe still) operate out of a Regus type of office share in First Canadian Place. Right off the bat, Luxury Plus' shirts fit better than Parvez's shirts. The fabric used by Parvez are also not as good, too much poly blend in his "non-iron" shirts, so much that you can hear the fabric rubbing against eachother when walking around.

Same deal with Luxury Plus, Peter Parvez will also charge tax in addition to Groupon price. The only benefit of Peter Parvez is that he's located right downtown. But due to the inferior product I'd stick with Luxury Plus.
Nov 3, 2002
823 posts
46 upvotes
Just got a suit from them using the 299 groupon.
Also bought a shirt.
Selection of fabrics is quite good.
Not just 3-5 like some places.

quality of fabric and Tailoring is quite good.

Only drawback is communication and the time they take.
This is the busiest time with lots of weddings and graduations.
Aug 25, 2017
1 posts
Stay away from this place.  I've purchased shirts from them a couple of years ago, and everything went well. This time was a disaster though - ordered shirts in March and have not received anything as of August.  Multiple voicemails and emails on the status of the order went unanswered.  When I dropped by in person (couple of times) they kept telling me to wait but could never tell me a status.  Only when I contacted my credit card company for a charge dispute (and notified the store) did they reply to my email.  I met owner (Ali) and he promised to deliver everything by a certain day or I would get the refund.  Ali said they were "under new management" (so it was someone else's fault?).  I think they lost my original order so they asked me to select new fabrics.  Ali's deadline passed - no shirts, no call, no surprise anymore.  "New management" did not make a difference.  Absolutely lack of accountability and communication, and no regard for customer's time.
Note - I did not pay buy Groupon, but paid to the store directly (they ask 100% payment up front)