• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 9:02 am
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1045 posts
113 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:22 pm
Yes but even taking all that into consideration that's amazing. I think that regular folk won't be able to get that suite. They won't release it to public
It really isn't amazing for what you're getting in Square One - 400 sq ft at lower floor, either studio or 1BR, no locker or parking or a view. Even if you're able to buy it for $200K, what would be the selling point of that down the road in an area that is going to have 20~30 high rises within a block of each other? Only one I can think of is no waiting for the elevator when you're rushing in and out. It's not a lakefront condo either.
Heatware: 9-0-0
Realtor @ Royal LePage United Realty with Platinum VIP Access to New Projects
Jan 30, 2017
38 posts
3 upvotes
Clueless Fox wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:52 pm
It really isn't amazing for what you're getting in Square One - 400 sq ft at lower floor, either studio or 1BR, no locker or parking or a view. Even if you're able to buy it for $200K, what would be the selling point of that down the road in an area that is going to have 20~30 high rises within a block of each other? Only one I can think of is no waiting for the elevator when you're rushing in and out. It's not a lakefront condo either.
It would rise. Lower cost to get into market. People that buy on say the 10th floor are still going to be blocked out as well. So why not save some money and buy on first floor
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1045 posts
113 upvotes
Eaglesfan99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:31 pm
It would rise. Lower cost to get into market. People that buy on say the 10th floor are still going to be blocked out as well. So why not save some money and buy on first floor
Because the appreciation is greater on higher floors compared to lower floors. You're also betting that the unit will appreciate enough that you'll make a good enough return (over ~4 years) after your selling costs.

See, we're talking about condo here and not Samsung TV that you can save on by going for a different model or smaller size - if you're okay to put hundreds of thousands of dollars hoping for appreciation so you can resell, why not spend more to get something with greater chances of appreciation? Not saying for you to get a penthouse, but at least better than the first floor. It's not downtown, it's Sq1.
Heatware: 9-0-0
Realtor @ Royal LePage United Realty with Platinum VIP Access to New Projects
Jul 6, 2008
548 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Eaglesfan99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:31 pm
Sometimes they don't verbally tell you (fine prints inside the contract) and build the gym or amenities party room right below the low units causing a lot of noise/vibrations from the gym into the unit.
Dec 16, 2015
319 posts
74 upvotes
Lol at $600...

I remember even aura condo was going at around 650s and that was expensive already...

600 in missisauga when the absolute tower were going for 300??! Lol!!!
Jun 24, 2011
65 posts
25 upvotes
West Lafayette, Indi…
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:25 pm
Lol at $600...

I remember even aura condo was going at around 650s and that was expensive already...

600 in missisauga when the absolute tower were going for 300??! Lol!!!
$600 is the ongoing rate in Mississauga city centre now. What rock did you just crawl out from?
Jun 24, 2011
65 posts
25 upvotes
West Lafayette, Indi…
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:55 pm
O rlly?

This is absolute, currently at $416 per sqft based on sales prices. It actually went down after precon from $440 to $389

http://condos.ca/mississauga/absolute-w ... solute-ave
First of all, Absolute is absolutely shit. Everyone in Mississauga knows that. Drug dealers, gunshots, and funky floor plans.

Secondly, after years of non-movement, even Absolute owners are getting bailed out at $500/sqft now that condos are appreciating 25% in Sq1. I don't know why you're quoting 2012 prices. Even in 2016, 1bedrooms in city centre are $250k but now they are $330k.
Dec 16, 2015
319 posts
74 upvotes
IndustrialKid wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:32 am
First of all, Absolute is absolutely shit. Everyone in Mississauga knows that. Drug dealers, gunshots, and funky floor plans.

Secondly, after years of non-movement, even Absolute owners are getting bailed out at $500/sqft now that condos are appreciating 25% in Sq1. I don't know why you're quoting 2012 prices. Even in 2016, 1bedrooms in city centre are $250k but now they are $330k.
Looks like you are not getting the point. That's ok some people are just clueless, or are too emotionally invested there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1236 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:34 pm
Looks like you are not getting the point. That's ok some people are just clueless, or are too emotionally invested there.
Who's to say that this building might end up just like absolute. Think of it this way, many people buy it as a rental or investment property. Once built 100's of rental and for sale listings go up and flood the market. That's exactly what happened to absolute, it can happen to any condo building.
Dec 16, 2015
319 posts
74 upvotes
zobi123 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:39 pm
Who's to say that this building might end up just like absolute. Think of it this way, many people buy it as a rental or investment property. Once built 100's of rental and for sale listings go up and flood the market. That's exactly what happened to absolute, it can happen to any condo building.
Right. So you are ok with losing money after preconstruction while Rogers build dozens more and brings the value down even further?

The city Centre average sale prices is still currently at $450, and that's after the uptick experienced at the GTA which spreads over to Mississauga albeit at slower rate. Expect this to normalized after the end of the year, back down to the average of 2 most recent years. Now you are going to pay $600 for a condo that's done 5 years from now, in a historical trend that show intrinsic decline after its built and stagnation?

I have never seen a condo decline in price after precon ever, only in City Centre Mississauga.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1236 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 2:48 pm
Right. So you are ok with losing money after preconstruction while Rogers build dozens more and brings the value down even further?

The city Centre average sale prices is still currently at $450, and that's after the uptick experienced at the GTA which spreads over to Mississauga albeit at slower rate. Expect this to normalized after the end of the year, back down to the average of 2 most recent years. Now you are going to pay $600 for a condo that's done 5 years from now, in a historical trend that show intrinsic decline after its built and stagnation?

I have never seen a condo decline in price after precon ever, only in City Centre Mississauga.
Also keep in mind that the builder is selling precon with a few years of appreciation priced in. So you have to pay more now for the potential to even make your money back eventually. So many risks and factors are involved.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
6467 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Am I reading this correctly (only skimmed this thread), the wait time is FOUR years? Wow, that's too much uncertainty for me esp since it will probably be delayed for 4+ years.

Didn't know that the Marilyn Twrs are doing that poorly.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1236 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 3:54 pm
Am I reading this correctly (only skimmed this thread), the wait time is FOUR years? Wow, that's too much uncertainty for me esp since it will probably be delayed for 4+ years.

Didn't know that the Marilyn Twrs are doing that poorly.
Actually wait time is about 5 years, completion expected first half of 2022...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
6467 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
zobi123 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 4:11 pm
Actually wait time is about 5 years, completion expected first half of 2022...
Wow, I personally wouldn't touch that....too much uncertainty.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel