• Jul 11th, 2018 4:57 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
79 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
MadMonday wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 3:26 pm
How about going to their store? They have one in Yorkdale.
I don't think you can return to stores for online purchase. The only return instructions they had, is shipping back to them by FedEx and pay $15 restocking fees. You also need to wait for their approval in order to get return number and shipping label. That's the most complicated return policy I ever seen.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
teamwork1223 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 4:30 pm
I don't think you can return to stores for online purchase. The only return instructions they had, is shipping back to them by FedEx and pay $15 restocking fees. You also need to wait for their approval in order to get return number and shipping label. That's the most complicated return policy I ever seen.
So I should accept the parcel from fedex and go thru the return process? Wouldn't refusing the package just go back to them and be processed as a refund anyhow?
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
79 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
vancityguy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 7:00 pm
So I should accept the parcel from fedex and go thru the return process? Wouldn't refusing the package just go back to them and be processed as a refund anyhow?
Well, refusing the package and it will go back to the sender for sure. However, how Mackage handling your return package will be another story since they got horrible customer service. However, if you pay by credit card, worst case will be call card center and claiming you never received the package in order to get the money back.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11971 posts
1737 upvotes
City of Vancouver
If u refuse a package, I would think Mackage would still charge u the restocking fee. Just guessing, 'cuz they still gotta "restock" the coat.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
I refused the parcel. I did read on Mackage' site that undeliverable parcels will be processed as a return and charged $15 restocking fee, what a cheap company lol. Never shopping with them again unless it's line 50% off.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
79 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
So, no matter what, they going to take $15 from your pocket?! What if it is FedEx delivered to wrong address ... etc ? It's a joke !! Such a crap company, so, don't even believe them can offer any warranty to your coats then. I will totally stay away from this brand. At that price point, I would rather get Canada Goose, Nobis, OSC or PJS.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2006
1386 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
teamwork1223 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 4:07 pm
So, no matter what, they going to take $15 from your pocket?! What if it is FedEx delivered to wrong address ... etc ? It's a joke !! Such a crap company, so, don't even believe them can offer any warranty to your coats then. I will totally stay away from this brand. At that price point, I would rather get Canada Goose, Nobis, OSC or PJS.
Yea that is what their site says, still haven't replied to my email from a week ago!

That is what I did, ordered a cg from Harry rosen and it just arrived today, ordered on Tuesday, great customer service to boot.
Last edited by Wanderer1 on Dec 2nd, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
79 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
I just live chat with them again. I was asking how come there is no one replying my email for almost a week. They just told me due to Black Friday, there are over 700 emails need to go through, so, there is a delay. Then, they just ended the live chat on their side. I cannot even ask one more word!!

What's a joke, cannot even handle 700 emails for whole week? Ignoring inquiries by ended live chat? Horrible company!
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
79 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
Havo wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 4:58 pm
Prob better to buy their jackets from a store such as Sporting Life
Why still supporting a brand that not respecting customers?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11137 posts
1325 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
teamwork1223 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 5:09 pm
Why still supporting a brand that not respecting customers?
Becuz if ur desperate for this jacket dealing with SL is much easier than dealing with Mackage directly. Any issues, SL takes responsibility. For most part SL's customer service is pretty good esp. if dealing with them in-person. I can never understand why peeps buy expensive jackets online. In-person is ALWAYS better. Lesson learned. Besides you live in Markham. Markville Mall has a pretty good Sporting Life. Always have the rare items in stock since it's a high turnover store, very busy with mainly asian customers buying all the high end brands. Point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11971 posts
1737 upvotes
City of Vancouver
teamwork1223 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 4:50 pm
I just live chat with them again. I was asking how come there is no one replying my email for almost a week. They just told me due to Black Friday, there are over 700 emails need to go through, so, there is a delay.
This excuse does make sense. Retail has bottleneck periods... like when Fedex couldn't keep up with meeting delivery times during the period leading up to xmas that one yr.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10214 posts
5113 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wow that is crappy. Good thing the wife got a $500 GC that she used towards their jacket at Holt's.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
5890 posts
1437 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 29th, 2016 11:25 pm
Companies that offer terrible post sale service I'd stay away from. They're all ready and waiting to make the sale but once they have your money it's *crickets*. Reminds me of an RFD'er who wholesales thru the forum. His partner is all talk and shizz to make the sale but once I had an issue with a missing item that was supposed to come with the jacket he said he get back to me asap. Never heard a thing for 7 months till I rang him up. Then it became a bit of a pissing match in emails. Terrible.
Customer service is an area too many Canadian companies do not take seriously. Mackage likes to label themselves as a luxury brand but good customer service comes with that. If they're unwilling to provide it then they should either sell cheaper coats or just get out of the business.

People need to use social media to complain. You'll get through to them eventually.