• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2018 7:45 am
Nov 16, 2018
7 posts
6 upvotes

Mackage jackets

Hi everyone! My first post. Do you know if Mackage usually make deals on Boxing Day? I fall in love yesterday while trying the Edward model.

I was looking for a Canadian made Jacket but I didn't one except in CG brand. Nobis was too puffy on me and difficult to find in Montreal area, Quartz have models for older people IMO, Kanuk seams good but I like down jacket, Canadian Wolf had that kind of polar stuff on the upper zipper that bugs me, Audvik have nice jackets but not in the navy. OSC are really too puffy (like Maggy Simpson in a winter suit) and Moose Knuckles (well you know... the name)

So do you know when Mackage, who doesn't make his jackets in Canada, will be in sale at Boxing Day? Nobody knows someone like Jim who could sell Mackage here?

Thanks!
15 replies
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
from my experience these jackets never go on sale. They may at some department stores but ive never seen them. Also if you have a coupon to a store like x off $100 they usually have exclusion for CG,mackage, MK etc.
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
unless the edward jacket is a fall jacket those are the only ones that ive seen on sale before
Nov 11, 2018
40 posts
18 upvotes
I did go to Vaughan mills mall recently and the Rudsak had 50% off everything in-store. More selection on Womans jackets, a small corner for mens jackets.
Nov 23, 2008
382 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what everyone's going on about? I've seen every brand of winter jacket on sale before, even CG, although those are much smaller in discount, and harder to find.

From personal experience, I've seen Nobis, MK, CMFR and Mackage all on sale during boxing week. I've bought jackets from Mackage on boxing week sales. Mackage also had a Black Friday sale this year as well, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have another sale for Boxing Day / Week.
Apr 1, 2009
77 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Altitude Sport's membership (which gives you 5% off everything for life) includes Mackage. I would probably look out for any additional sales as the 5% also applies over those pricing.

https://www.altitude-sports.com/

They also have a charity thing going on Dec 12-18th:
LINK Spend 15 dollars on some charity get 30 dollars non-expirable Alti dollars
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
from personal experience...the higher end models are never on sale...unless that style is not moving.

if its a new model...usually no sale too.

but again it all depends on the turnover of stock...if its turning over fast, then usually no sale at all.

another thing to consider if your size...if your frame is popular...then sale or no sale...its' likely gone.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
I would be surprised to see no sale from this brand.

I am not seeing as many people wearing mackage than in previous years though. Canada goose parkas will probably not go out of style but those trendy yet easy to scratch Mackage jackets will IMHO.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Zewo wrote: Not sure what everyone's going on about? I've seen every brand of winter jacket on sale before, even CG, although those are much smaller in discount, and harder to find.

From personal experience, I've seen Nobis, MK, CMFR and Mackage all on sale during boxing week. I've bought jackets from Mackage on boxing week sales. Mackage also had a Black Friday sale this year as well, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't have another sale for Boxing Day / Week.
Yea... I’ve always seen deals on Mackage. Not sure about that particular model but have seen many on sale.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
cn_habs wrote: I would be surprised to see no sale from this brand.

I am not seeing as many people wearing mackage than in previous years though. Canada goose parkas will probably not go out of style but those trendy yet easy to scratch Mackage jackets will IMHO.
CG has better build quality and backed by best warranty in the business. That goes a long way with people.
Aug 5, 2005
542 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Mackage had a Black Friday sale on selected models or made only available for Black Friday.

However, I personally would not recommend them esp their "shiny" jackets, the water-resistant coating wears off after the first year and snow/water gets absorbed into the jacket. Their customer service is also terrible and slow. Stores don't offer any service, just refers you to their site where it's taken over 2-weeks to just get a ticket number. It's been over 2-months for me to get a response from them. My friends also have their jackets and have also been having issues (e.g. holes in the sleeves, no longer water-resistant, zipper problems, creases "cracking" / "holes").

I would say it's warmer than Canada Goose jackets but it's honestly not worth the price for the quality. Seriously, I've had TNA parka jackets and never had any of these Mackage issues.

I would recommend Canada Goose because they have excellent in-store customer service. Brother's jacket "down" dropped after only one year and they gave him a near one.
Quitter
Nov 22, 2012
234 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Up voted just because I don't get the downvotes. New member asking an honest question. Why the downvotes?

Anyways. My wife has a mackage jacket and got it on sale from some boutique store. It's fine. But I do believe she had an issue with the quality. It's been about 2 years I think.
Quitter
Nov 22, 2012
234 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Up voted just because I don't get the downvotes. New member asking an honest question. Why the downvotes?

Anyways. My wife has a mackage jacket and got it on sale from some boutique store. It's fine. But I do believe she had an issue with the quality. It's been about 2 years I think.
Nov 16, 2018
7 posts
6 upvotes
excellent3 wrote: Up voted just because I don't get the downvotes. New member asking an honest question. Why the downvotes?

Thank you! I saw that Altitude Sports will have up to 30% on Mackage products for Boxing Day.

I change didn’t look for a Mackage anymore since I read about their down and fur providers (China and not ethical). I will go for a Kanuk Boreal ( Made in Montreal. 20% Sale start on December 26th. I also tried the Nobis Sheldon and it is amazing. Just too tight on arms so I have to return it or exchange it on Altitude Sports. 30% sale on this wonderful parka.
https://fr.altitude-sports.com/products ... 4890811925
Aug 4, 2005
338 posts
142 upvotes
What about Arcteryx?
Their ceres sv and cerium Sv look like solid down jackets
Nov 16, 2018
7 posts
6 upvotes
Arc’teryx is very good. I ordered the Therme in Nighthawk blue. Awesome. But it was too bulky on me. The quality of this jacket is incredible. But I look for a more classy look.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)