• May 13th, 2009 2:55 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury

Mac's Milk is the most useless convience store ever

Maybe it's just the stores here in London, but in my experience, these stores SUCK.

1. They don't sell bus tickets. I asked why and they say "We don't make any money on them, so why the hell should we sell them". :rolleyes: Gee, I dunno, maybe because it will bring people into the store and they're most likely to buy something as well as the bus tickets.

2. They sell expired food. This certainly doesn't need any explanation. How can a store get away with selling expired food? And on top of this, they NEVER clean their slurpee/fountain machines. That explains why the drinks from their machines taste like dog's ass.

3. Their cashiers SUCK. I remember several years ago, it was late at night and I was out for a walk and stopped in at the downtown store at Wellington/Dundas for a 500 ml choco milk. When I took a sip I could taste that it was expired, despite the fact that the date said otherwise. I go back in and the idiot behind the counter says it's fine and that's just the way it is. Take it or leave it. He wouldn't let me take a new one. I fixed him though, I threw the nearly full open jug across the store and left a nice mess for him to clean up. When a store has a bad product from their supplier, they don't even have to pay for it anyways since they'd get a credit. Also, it was a Mac's Milk product. Sure says something about a company that won't stand behind their product, don't it?

4. Their prices, they're even more expensive than 7-11, which is really saying something.

Today was the final straw though. For now on, I'll just wait and go to the A&P and go out of my way by 10 or 20 minutes instead of giving this horrible company any of my money ever again.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
69 upvotes
My Dad owned a Mac's long time ago. He had to get out because stealing was a HUGE problem. It was a pain to run and he had to have mostly family working. When he decided to get out, his district manager tired to talk him out of it. When that didn't work. She pushed his filing cabinet to the back down and pushed it down the stairs. :-0 Yeah, she was bit nuts and one of the many reason he wanted to get out.
Mar 2, 2009
210 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
LondonOntGuy wrote: And on top of this, they NEVER clean their slurpee/fountain machines. That explains why the drinks from their machines taste like dog's ass.
In my experience it is not just Mac's that does not clean their Slurpee machines....I have had fowl tasting Slurpee's from 7-11 too.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2088 posts
122 upvotes
Why do people call it Mac's Milk? The sign clearly says Mac's?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1579 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
LondonOntGuy wrote: 3. Their cashiers SUCK. I remember several years ago, it was late at night and I was out for a walk and stopped in at the downtown store at Wellington/Dundas for a 500 ml choco milk. When I took a sip I could taste that it was expired, despite the fact that the date said otherwise. I go back in and the idiot behind the counter says it's fine and that's just the way it is. Take it or leave it. He wouldn't let me take a new one. I fixed him though, I threw the nearly full open jug across the store and left a nice mess for him to clean up. When a store has a bad product from their supplier, they don't even have to pay for it anyways since they'd get a credit. Also, it was a Mac's Milk product. Sure says something about a company that won't stand behind their product, don't it?
:idea:

HAHAHA
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
LondonOntGuy wrote: 3. Their cashiers SUCK. I remember several years ago, it was late at night and I was out for a walk and stopped in at the downtown store at Wellington/Dundas for a 500 ml choco milk. When I took a sip I could taste that it was expired, despite the fact that the date said otherwise. I go back in and the idiot behind the counter says it's fine and that's just the way it is. Take it or leave it. He wouldn't let me take a new one. I fixed him though, I threw the nearly full open jug across the store and left a nice mess for him to clean up. When a store has a bad product from their supplier, they don't even have to pay for it anyways since they'd get a credit. Also, it was a Mac's Milk product. Sure says something about a company that won't stand behind their product, don't it?
So you are proud that you are an A-1 D-Bag?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
1172 posts
44 upvotes
Markham
MadameKelebek wrote: In my experience it is not just Mac's that does not clean their Slurpee machines....I have had fowl tasting Slurpee's from 7-11 too.
Yeah, I hate it when I buy ICEE and it tastes like old wash rags. Come to think of it, it always tasted like that. So that's probably how it really is.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
I find your ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury
Ojam wrote: So you are proud that you are an A-1 D-Bag?
LOL. If anything, the clerk that barely spoke English is a douche. Had he given me a replacement, I wouldn't have done that. Payback can be a b*tch eh? :D

It's too bad they bought up the Becker's stores. I remember when they were around, they were decent. But no more.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
2290 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
LondonOntGuy wrote: I fixed him though, I threw the nearly full open jug across the store and left a nice mess for him to clean up.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Fowl? Tastes like chicken?

At any rate, this thread is sub-par. In some cases, blaming employees for owners'/managers' failings.
MadameKelebek wrote: In my experience it is not just Mac's that does not clean their Slurpee machines....I have had fowl tasting Slurpee's from 7-11 too.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1655 posts
230 upvotes
North West Ontario
dhamilton wrote: Why do people call it Mac's Milk? The sign clearly says Mac's?
Never got that either.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
Why didn't you check the expiry date before buying it? I can't really blame a worker for not letting you exchange something after you've opened and taste tested it.
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury
danyo wrote: Why didn't you check the expiry date before buying it?
Did you not read what I said? The date said it was good, but the product inside was sour.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1334 posts
1026 upvotes
I'm just saying, you can't expect a worker to let you return/exchange a product after you've already opened it. So all I see here is you giving that worker a tough night because he had to follow store policy. Good job!

Imagine stores letting you taste and return/exchange food products! Wouldn't THAT be amazing!
Feb 26, 2009
436 posts
32 upvotes
Sudbury
danyo wrote: I'm just saying, you can't expect a worker to let you return/exchange a product after you've already opened it. !
Do you not know anything about how the retail stores like this work? When a store has bad product in, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!! They let the supplier know and they get a credit.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2785 posts
356 upvotes
LondonOntGuy wrote: Do you not know anything about how the retail stores like this work? When a store has bad product in, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!! They let the supplier know and they get a credit.
This man speaks the truth. They'll get credited (although usually it is up to a certain amount that can be taken back).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
2806 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TheRide wrote: This man speaks the truth. They'll get credited (although usually it is up to a certain amount that can be taken back).
Not after a rude customer throws the container across the store and the contents spill on the floor.

Too bad the manager wasn't there to kick OP's butt out the door.
Feb 25, 2009
49 posts
4 upvotes
LondonOntGuy wrote: LOL. If anything, the clerk that barely spoke English is a douche. Had he given me a replacement, I wouldn't have done that. Payback can be a b*tch eh? :D

It's too bad they bought up the Becker's stores. I remember when they were around, they were decent. But no more.
I would have called the cops. I have a feeling that "douche" as you call him probably had to deal with an demanding and aggressive *******. Throwing things is a way that two year olds deal with their problem not grown men and women who use their words. Do you do this everytime you don't get your way?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)