Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2671 posts
7 upvotes

Magazines with your name/address printed on it

How do you erase the name and address that is often printed on your magazine covers?

I would like to give away or donate lots of my old mag's but don't like the idea of my name and address printed on it.

Thanks.
21 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
290 upvotes
Midland
Cut the address part out with scissors. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8454 posts
12 upvotes
I think I am really bitchy today cause this question just made me give up hope on humanity.
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Dec 31, 1969
ullyeus wrote:
Jun 30th, 2008 1:05 pm
I think I am really bitchy today cause this question just made me give up hope on humanity.
LOL - I know exactly what you mean... :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2671 posts
7 upvotes
what kind of stickies can you put on the magazines and then pull off and nicely rip off the surface layer to take out the address part?

Sometimes the markers still show your address through tho
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2022 posts
57 upvotes
jayk wrote:
Jul 13th, 2008 5:51 pm
what kind of stickies can you put on the magazines and then pull off and nicely rip off the surface layer to take out the address part?

Sometimes the markers still show your address through tho
Cut out the entire sticky as the second posts says.

You don't want your subscriber # there either btw
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18724 posts
1153 upvotes
Paper towel + nail Polish remover, rub label. DOne.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2671 posts
7 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Jul 14th, 2008 9:53 pm
Paper towel + nail Polish remover, rub label. DOne.
what if there is no label, ie. the address is printed directly onto the magazine cover?
Dec 31, 1969
jayk wrote:
Jul 15th, 2008 7:31 pm
what if there is no label, ie. the address is printed directly onto the magazine cover?
Are you really serious about this?

If you are, how do you go through life like this?
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
290 upvotes
Midland
I'm amazed at how many people lack common sense to figure out solutions to simple problems. Even people who go to university.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2671 posts
7 upvotes
I don't wanna ruin the magazine by making a big gaping hole for the next guy.
Not sure what the big fuss is about "common sense", geez.
Dec 31, 1969
jayk wrote:
Jul 16th, 2008 1:42 am
I don't wanna ruin the magazine by making a big gaping hole for the next guy.
I just don't understand how something so simple needs to be discussed? :confused:

How do you decide what to have for breakfast in the morning? :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8454 posts
12 upvotes
jayk wrote:
Jul 16th, 2008 1:42 am
We know you wouldn't...thats the point! :D
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Dec 16, 2006
488 posts
58 upvotes
North of GTA
selpats wrote:
Jul 15th, 2008 8:55 pm
Are you really serious about this?

If you are, how do you go through life like this?
I wish this was the most serious issue in my life.