• Feb 19th, 2016 6:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
Frank311 wrote: Yeah, why try anything different? yuck. Sorry, I guess I'll delete this thread. Obviously the world will never do better than roasting.
skin thickness level, thin.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2004
1116 posts
150 upvotes
I would not trust any kind of plastic in oven... No way.....
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
Frank311 wrote: It's like that style but using a 'sous-vide' bag... those French are clever in the kitchen. And the chicken comes out just like in the commercial, I was surprised.
This.

For people who are scared of plastic in the oven, you might not want to google 'sous vide'. almost any respectable restaurant will have used the sous vide for one thing or another.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: This.

For people who are scared of plastic in the oven, you might not want to google 'sous vide'. almost any respectable restaurant will have used the sous vide for one thing or another.
Yeah but things cooked sous vide are rarely ever set above 75C.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
Toukolou wrote: Ummmmmm.....how bout just roasting a chicken?

Steamed chicken doesn't sound too appetizing to me. But that's just me.
Steamed chicken can be delicious!
Aug 12, 2012
878 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ippon wrote: skin thickness level, thin.
Hey man, don't mess with my chicken in a bag!! I think I was having a bad day, needed a whine
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
Frank311 wrote: Hey man, don't mess with my chicken in a bag!! I think I was having a bad day, needed a whine
cool
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
May 2, 2007
8 posts
1 upvote
I had it again this weekend. All I can say is that the chicken really is SO JUICY (ha! great name) and the sauce is delicious on my rice. The plastic bag didn't melt, and it doesn't feel like a regular plastic. It's got a crinkly feeling.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
Can I just put some chicken quarters/breast in these bags or does it have to be a whole chicken?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
glover78 wrote: Can I just put some chicken quarters/breast in these bags or does it have to be a whole chicken?
you can use it for anything really
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Starting tomorrow at Food Basics, buy a Prime Chicken Family Pack at $5.99 lb. (boneless, skinless, breasts or thighs) get a free Maggi So Juicy Cooking Pouch.
May 14, 2010
581 posts
102 upvotes
Mississauga
We did not like the Mixed Herb one at all. We have the rotiserie and garlic one left to try
Apr 6, 2009
102 posts
34 upvotes
LOL at the people who are worried about chemicals in plastic...do you realize that meat/food in general is no safer these days. The way the animal is raised and drugged and caged is not natural and when we consume it our rates of disease increase ex. cancer etc. That is why there is a shift towards minimizing dietary animal intake in the healthcare field whether it be milk or meat. A little plastic (pretty sure its oven safe ;) ) is nothing compared to the processed garbage we are eating today...Anyways I heard some of the Maggie flavors are not as good as others?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
I'd be more concerned about what's in the packet rather than the bag....
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1507 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: I'd be more concerned about what's in the packet rather than the bag....
Surprisingly nothing bad in the product.

"Garlic (18%),Starch ,Lactose (from Milk) ,Salt ,Tomato ,Onion ,Sugar ,Yeast Extract ,Black Pepper ,Sunflower Oil ,Citric Acid ,Paprika ,Parsley ,Maltodextrin ,Beetroot Concentrate ,Ginger ,Coriander ,Chilli"

I'm a cook from scratch type person and do an amazing job cooking chicken ect. regularly but I may give this a try just to see.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
From May 3 to May 9, you can get a free package of this Maggi stuff with the purchase of specially marked blue menu chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/maggicanada

[QUOTE]Attention ALL customers of Loblaws, YIG (Your Independent Grocer) and Valu-mart in ONTARIO. Receive one (1) Maggi So Juicy for FREE with purchase of specially marked packages of PC® Blue Menu Club Pack® boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs or legs during week of May 3-9, 2013. See in store for more details.[/QUOTE]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
Well I tried the bbq rotisserie flavour on the weekend. I used 4 small thighs and 6 drumsticks. The chicken turned out juicy as advertised and it tasted okay, but it was really nothing spectacular. The flavour didn't do anything for me.

I noticed by bag never puffed up at all. Maybe I poked my holes too big. Also the included red tie is a bit unusual and I'm not sure if I tightened it up correctly. My chicken still turned out moist anyway.

On a positive note, the cleanup was really a breeze since all you need to do is discard the juice and toss out the bag.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
There is a similar taste to almost all chicken because the growers start with the same breed, Rock-X, and it is proprietary, can't be altered or re-bred after the chick leaves the hatchery. This breed is used by most growers, from Perdue to organic, because there is a very quick 10 week return on investment. The chicks grow very fast, and will eat 18 hrs. a day if the food is in front of them. They will not walk, fly or climb to get food, as they are too heavy for their frame. They are incapable of living outdoors, and again, I include organic roasters and fryers. Chicks raised for eggs are entirely different breeds, and very tough when they are retired after one year.
I haven't seen adequate taste studies yet, but my feeling is the genetics play the most important part in the taste of roaster and fryer chickens, more than feed, or Maggi bags.

Packard
Ask the man who owns one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)