None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1026 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver

The Magic Veggie Twister

Anybody have one of these? I just saw it on the Wagjag site http://wagjag.com/?w=98625&vertical=grocery Looks interesting - if it actually works. Easy to make cucumber salads, wiggle chips or veggie noodles. And if you get the Telus $10 Wagjag credit it's only $2 including shipping.
Found one review here http://www-mammothkitchen.myshopify.com ... ie-twister but since it's a site that sales equipment not sure if I trust it.
20 replies
May 28, 2012
9026 posts
1577 upvotes
Saskatoon
If you wait a while, you'll probably find it for fifty cents at a garage sale or at the thrift store. It looks interesting, but I imagine it wouldn't get used all that often. Perhaps a good quality mandoline slicer would be more useful in the long-run? I've stopped buying kitchen gadgets that take up room in my junk drawer...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1026 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
Mars2012 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2013 3:39 pm
If you wait a while, you'll probably find it for fifty cents at a garage sale or at the thrift store. It looks interesting, but I imagine it wouldn't get used all that often. Perhaps a good quality mandoline slicer would be more useful in the long-run? I've stopped buying kitchen gadgets that take up room in my junk drawer...
I do have a mandolin, as well as food processor and slicer attachment for my stand mixer but this does SPIRALS!

You're right - I don't need it. I just went through the drawer cleansing exercise where you empty it into a box. Then for the next couple of weeks if you use something out of the box it can go back in the drawer. At the end you can get rid of most of whats left in the box.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
these spirals do look nice as garnish.
use carrots and beets to top off salads.
use daikon radish to garnish sashimi.

oh, and you can twist my magic veggie anytime.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2680 posts
231 upvotes
Canada
This is a no-brainer for $2.00 with the Telus Coupon.
Nov 10, 2009
427 posts
29 upvotes
Hamilton
Yeah I think you should get it and then report back how great it is. :D
May 6, 2010
4 posts
Looks like a nice toy for occasional use and before the blades will warn off.
Of course WagJag and DailyDeals always use naivety of average customer who never, ever learn elementary marketing tricks - the price NEVER BEEN $36, but people still grab the hook... ;-) For $12 WagJag makes 1000%+ profit.
Judging by the photos - the gadget probably cost about a dollar out of the plant, so realistic price for customers suppose to be in a range of $4-5.
This is EXACTLY the price you can buy the Twister for, from eBay, with FREE shipping included - $4.50. Just make a little effort and type the name in eBay...;-)
Jan 30, 2013
1 posts
I agree with gennif & Scooby. Buy it for two bucks then let us know what you think.
I shop @ thrift stores weekly & have yet to see one, so don't count on that.

I checked ebay and Amazon cuz I also maybe wanted one, the reviews are all bad, HOWEVER... The twisters on those sites are MADE IN CHINA.....as per. They are knock offs, the original is MADE IN GERMANY. As history will show made in Germany means quality, made in China means crap.....landfill waiting to happen.

If you can get the original for two bucks jump on it. Then let us know what you think. You have room in that drawer now. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2680 posts
231 upvotes
Canada
How do you know this is made in Germany, Mugzie? You don't...

You're not going to find a kitchen gadget this cheap anywhere... you will get lucky from time to time and find a similar one at Winners for 20$, but that's all.
May 6, 2010
4 posts
NOTHING of this type is made in Germany nowadays, "German quality" is just blast form the past... and YES, everything is cheap-made, so it always better NOT to pay 1000% overhead through portals like WagJag.
Scooby - remember Chop-Chop? "Made in Germany" and TV-add, offering you the "$100" gadget for "only" $29.99 and second one "free" (with "convenient" SEPARATE S/H, of course)?
Well, back then you could buy it from eBay for around $8 and now you can get the same "German-Quality" gadget form every dollar-store for $2... :cheesygri
So - forget that Walmart will sell that for $20 - it may appear there in about a year (if it REALLY worth it!) at $5-10 initial price. Everything will end in Dolarama.
Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
old_hush wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 2:00 pm
NOTHING of this type is made in Germany nowadays, "German quality" is just blast form the past... and YES, everything is cheap-made, so it always better NOT to pay 1000% overhead through portals like WagJag.
Scooby - remember Chop-Chop? "Made in Germany" and TV-add, offering you the "$100" gadget for "only" $29.99 and second one "free" (with "convenient" SEPARATE S/H, of course)?
Well, back then you could buy it from eBay for around $8 and now you can get the same "German-Quality" gadget form every dollar-store for $2... :cheesygri
So - forget that Walmart will sell that for $20 - it may appear there in about a year (if it REALLY worth it!) at $5-10 initial price. Everything will end in Dolarama.
Good luck!
i'm pretty sure it was the shamwow that was made in germany, not the chopper.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
May 6, 2010
4 posts
The Chip-Chop was advertized as "German Quality" on the TV-ad.
And - yes, ShamWow was advertized as Made in Germany, indeed. It might have been made there, as the shipping is very cheap on flat material. Although - it was $29.99 for 3 pieces, I've bought the same (with "Made in Germany" stamp) at a flea-market booth back then for $5/piece.
Go figure...
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1477 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
You can buy these for cheaper with free shipping from most of those Chinese gadget sites. I don't have a link, but I've seen these things many times.
May 6, 2010
4 posts
Chinese gadget sites sell at better prices, but can't beat eBay (both - free shipping).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1026 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
Well, I ordered one.....so I'll let you know what the quality is like.
× < >