• Jan 16th, 2019 1:24 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13142 posts
1469 upvotes
Out west

Magnetic wall key holder

So this fall we were house shopping, and looked at a ton of houses. and sometimes its the little things that stand out

One place had a magnetic key holder for car keys on their wall. Usually I walk right by those things, but when I saw these keys kind of floating there with no hook, I had to look twice.

We have a little rack with hooks, although not setup yet after we moved. Thinking this is a handy setup and something smart. Im constantly unhooking the rack from the wall when I grab keys, etc

Where can a person get these? Unless they cost something stupid like $100, be something useful to upgrade to
23 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13142 posts
1469 upvotes
Out west
KiraSensei wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 12:04 pm
I use something like this: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01CKF ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, never even knew those existed. We have an inside closet double switch for some power outlets, so that may work. Wont be using them for in the open however, expecially by the garage door. Someone gets in and hey, keys to the cars in the garage. Double score
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13142 posts
1469 upvotes
Out west
Fraser River Rat wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 1:47 pm
Hi,

This is probably what they're using, the tool rail might be too magnetic.
Magnetic knife rail
https://www.amazon.ca/Magnetic-Storage- ... W0S6PTCYVF

Magnetic tool rail
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8791691e
No, although the same concept. But then again, if its inside a closet, this might be a cheaper option and work the exact same
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3227 posts
773 upvotes
Oshawa
We just have our two sets of keys sitting in a wooden bowl that I made when I was in elementary school ... and it sits on the stained oak cap on the pass thru window opening between the kitchen and the dining room.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4728 posts
1084 upvotes
Kitchener
Got one from Ikea several years ago. It holds 3 sets of keys
Jan 13, 2006
62 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
The entrance into the garage is next to my laundry room. I only really enter the house from that door. Entrance doors have a metal around the outer edges. I just took a small magnet and stuck it on the door. When I come in I just hang my keys on the magnet. That isn't a practical solution from your main entrance of the house, but if you use the door from inside your house to the garage, it is a cheap way to hang your keys.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13142 posts
1469 upvotes
Out west
Jerico wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:48 am
Lee Valley has some inexpensive magnets that will take your fillings out from behind a piece of wood. You could get fancy and remove your trim, put one in behind, and have floating keys
Cool idea. Time will tell, right now just using our pockets. Which sucks
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9514 posts
1551 upvotes
Toronto
Cool idea. Would this affect our key FOB in anyway?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7471 posts
2686 upvotes
Markham
If any of you have those new fangled key fobs, beware as the key fobs are sending signals that thieves are stealing and using them to start and steal high end cars now.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!