[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17685 posts
1307 upvotes

Magnum P.I. Reboot

Because why not?
http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/20/magnum-p-i-reboot-cbs/
The new iteration will tell the story of Thomas Magnum, a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who becomes a P.I. after returning home from Afghanistan. He’ll get help from fellow vets Theodore “TC” Calvin and Orville “Rick” Wright, as well as a disavowed former MI:6 agent named Juliet Higgins. Like the original series, the new version will have action and flair for the comedy.
It better have a mustache and a Ferrari. Sockless loafers optional.

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
8 replies
May 22, 2016
821 posts
137 upvotes
Ontario
Bradley Cooper has to play Magnum.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3951 posts
531 upvotes
Aurora
webshark wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 12:25 pm
Not a bad choice, really. I wonder if he does TV. Next most important question. What car?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2150 posts
592 upvotes
Global Village
Got to be someone who can carry a mustache well. Won't be an A-list actor. Kurt Russell? Will Ferrell would make this funny enough to watch.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1336 posts
87 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 1:18 pm
Not a bad choice, really. I wonder if he does TV. Next most important question. What car?
Does Wet Hot American Summer count?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10157 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
webshark wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 12:25 pm
You think Bradley Cooper is going to do a CBS procedural at this stage in his career?

No, they're going to go with a young, cheap, unknown actor like they did with the MacGyver reboot. They'll even have the two series crossover for special sweeps episodes.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3951 posts
531 upvotes
Aurora
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 7:01 pm
You think Bradley Cooper is going to do a CBS procedural at this stage in his career?

No, they're going to go with a young, cheap, unknown actor like they did with the MacGyver reboot. They'll even have the two series crossover for special sweeps episodes.
No, realistically, of course not. Cooper's not going to be doing anything like this. Webshark is just putting forth an idle "what if" idea. IMO, it is pretty fun to imagine Bradley Cooper in the role, though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7462 posts
776 upvotes
Victoria
I would assume if a movie actor is going to do TV it's going to be quality high class TV like an HBO show or something. I don't think he's at the point he'd do a standard police procedural.

I'm still wondering what happened to the a-team remake they were talking about doing on tv about two years ago. Which of course he could play faceman (which he already did...)