• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 2:39 pm
Feb 19, 2017
43 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 3:55 pm
Question: has everybody received their mid November orders (and earlier)?
I'm still waiting for my Nov 6 and Nov 8 orders.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
642 posts
247 upvotes
AliAndMe wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 4:04 pm
Yep! That's exactly what I'm saying. :-)
Great. When was the last time you were able to track registered mail orders like Singapore Post or "AliExpress shipping method" online on Canada Post site? You refused to answer this question 3 times already. :twisted:

What exact shipping methods did you use for China packets?

------------------------

I recall another guy I miss now in this thread. Every time someone mentioned fast growing delays started after 2014 CP "parcels first" policy kick in, he promptly injected a comment "CP already finishing Christmas clog" aiming to negate any info linking reported here delays to CP execs policies and trying to misrepresent the regular 2-3 months delays as an exception for this holiday only. He even claimed: "I read somewhere CP workers are in conflict with their Union" when Union media pubs were mentioned asking CP execs to resign, but never gave any link. Instead he posted multiple links to "fentanyl scare" reports dated from 2014 up, still claiming it affected only this Christmas delays. Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by arnycus on Mar 16th, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jan 31, 2007
156 posts
24 upvotes
fastbomb wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 3:39 pm
First off, thank goodness for this thread! Waiting in limbo for International Registered Mail would not have been as easy without you all. Hell, it was never easy but at least I knew that I wasn't the only one & that people were having success.

My 101 day wait for my Christmas Gift from Singapore is over. Also for those interested, my shipment details have not been updated. The last entry still shows as Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA) - 2017-02-01 21:46:00.

Best of luck to everyone!
So you got your package? May I ask what province are you in. I have a package that SingPost tracking shows Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA) on Feb 7th and is wondering if I will ever receive it. CanadaPost tracking shows "Tracking is not available for international registered mail items sent to Canada."

Sigh....
Jan 4, 2017
286 posts
160 upvotes
Calgary
spy007z wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:34 pm
So you got your package? May I ask what province are you in. I have a package that SingPost tracking shows Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA) on Feb 7th and is wondering if I will ever receive it. CanadaPost tracking shows "Tracking is not available for international registered mail items sent to Canada."

Sigh....
I can offer "Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)" on 9th Dec, 15th Dec (and a few more of this vintage). Still not arrived! Wait until you get "sorting in Ulaanbaatar, Mississauga, or Windhuk" by Canada Post, then add three months...talk to you again in July here...my province is Alberta. Hey, and the good Chinese people who had to reimburse me have long died of old age.
We came, we saw, we left!
Mar 15, 2017
3 posts
spy007z wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:34 pm
My experience was the exact same as yours. I am in Toronto, Ontario. My package was left on the porch without a knock, signature or anything. I am glad that I checked when I did. Imagine, if someone would have grabbed it? I would have zero record at all. Basically, it all ended up being honour system. Scary stuff.
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
My package from geekbuying shows dispatched to overseas country code CA on Jan 30th 2017. It has been 48 days now, still have no idea where the package is.

However the phone's case that was shipped on the 2nd week of Feb arrived today, Canadapost didnt even leave a notifacation apparently they have been holding it in the post office near my house (the case only) had a different tracking number, this was netherlands post. Same thing shows in Canada post, no tracking for international inbound whatever, and on 17track.net

But my phone was shipped via Singapore post, shows the same on Canadapost, no tracking for int inbound yada yada...

But whats surprising is, there seems to be a way that someone can track where exactly the package is.

I know this because geekbuying wont respond to me, so I opened a case with paypal. Paypal somehow found out that the phones case is being held in the postoffice including the name of the post office location. No one in paypal knows who tracked it and how.

Because when I called Canadapost, they had no clue where it is either. They said the tracking number does not update as we discontinued the service. But how did paypal find out about the phones case's location.

They wouldnt tell me where exactly the phone is though, I tried 6 different paypal agent, they say we dont know. and we dont know who worked on your case who found out the location of the phones case (2nd package)

This is mysterious. I wonder when the phone would show up, whether or not if I should close my case hoping the phone would show up.
Mar 15, 2017
3 posts
Just as an update. My shipment details are still showing up as undelivered. What a mess!
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
fastbomb wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:43 pm
Just as an update. My shipment details are still showing up as undelivered. What a mess!
How long did you wait??? Tell us the number of days please??
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 6:43 pm
I can offer "Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)" on 9th Dec, 15th Dec (and a few more of this vintage). Still not arrived! Wait until you get "sorting in Ulaanbaatar, Mississauga, or Windhuk" by Canada Post, then add three months...talk to you again in July here...my province is Alberta. Hey, and the good Chinese people who had to reimburse me have long died of old age.
That is soo sad! Will they loose money or they have insurance to get their money back??
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11144 posts
1309 upvotes
damn. ordered a case from us of a and will probably take long time. paid 6 usd...........
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
642 posts
247 upvotes
User042404 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:21 pm
But how did paypal find out about the phones case's location.
It's actually pretty simple. They know your address and the shipping method, so its easy to figure out the packet should be delivered by CP. Then they just call your address's CP redirect outlet as standard procedure, give your name and address, and the clerk checks in the outlet's computer if your packet is stored there. You can call the outlet "Is there anything for me?" and get the same info they obtained. Many China sellers suggest the same: "check your post office". :)
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
arnycus wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:00 pm
It's actually pretty simple. They know your address and the shipping method, so its easy to figure out the packet should be delivered by CP. Then they just call your address's CP redirect outlet as standard procedure, give your name and address, and the clerk checks in the outlet's computer if your packet is stored there. You can call the outlet "Is there anything for me?" and get the same info they obtained. Many China sellers suggest the same: "check your post office". :)
That's pretty brilliant actually!! Because I have been calling the 1800 Canada post number and the agents simply say we cant, and we dont find it in our system. If there was delivery attempt a notice card will be left. They rented one of the apartment to a shizo crack head guy on welfare, I have no idea how he got into our building its not a cheap place either (this guy would randomly knock peoples doors and ask for change or cigarettes, its been helll) one day I saw him rip off a Canada post notice card left at the mail room for someone else. So I assume he took my notice or the delivery guy never really left the notice...If it wasnt for paypal the phones case would have been returned back to them.

But the post office said this is all I have, when I went there to pick up. This is so frustrating wondering where the phone is, I wonder if its still sitting in the container in China. Why would it take 48 days and still no signs when something that got shipped after came through first?????
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
642 posts
247 upvotes
It depends on so many factors when a particular packets trailer will be processed and where. Your best bet is to hang tight for ~3 months from "arrived to Canada" date, or express the frustration to your local MP.
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
arnycus wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:21 pm
It depends on so many factors when a particular packets trailer will be processed and where. Your best bet is to hang tight for ~3 months from "arrived to Canada" date, or express the frustration to your local MP.
lolol arrived to Canada date...It is still in dispatched to overseas country code CA state. which means I will probably meet my soulmate before I get to use this phone
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
2354 posts
52 upvotes
Surrey
User042404 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:25 pm
lolol arrived to Canada date...It is still in dispatched to overseas country code CA state. which means I will probably meet my soulmate before I get to use this phone
LOL, mine too.
Been in arrived in Canada since January 16th.
And i live in BC so if it ever gets released from customs i get it in 2 days.
At this rate i should have ordered it in February, i probably would have gotten it by now through the eastern hub of customs.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Liselsia