• Aug 21st, 2017 2:39 pm
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
jan27299 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:48 pm
LOL, mine too.
Been in arrived in Canada since January 16th.
And i live in BC so if it ever gets released from customs i get it in 2 days.
At this rate i should have ordered it in February, i probably would have gotten it by now through the eastern hub of customs.

lolol I like how you say IF IT EVER GETS RELEASED!!! It has gone to the point that we don't think WHEN IT GETS RELEASED!! No hope in hell! Thanks Canada post!!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
2354 posts
52 upvotes
Surrey
User042404 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:52 pm
lolol I like how you say IF IT EVER GETS RELEASED!!! It has gone to the point that we don't think WHEN IT GETS RELEASED!! No hope in hell! Thanks Canada post!!
To date this is the longest ever for me.
I even had one shipped back to China because seller didn't get my address right and I got it in 2 months even with the resend from China.
Jan 4, 2017
286 posts
160 upvotes
Calgary
User042404 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:54 pm
That is soo sad! Will they loose money or they have insurance to get their money back??
A mixed bag: the sellers who helped will get their money back from me, the ones who did not cooperate will not. Anything below $5 I did not bother.
We came, we saw, we left!
May 26, 2009
108 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
Bought on Nov 1, arrived in canada on dec 17. never got delivered. still waiting for it. its been 4.5 months. Filed a claim with paypal at the beginning of March and got my money back. weird thing is paypal said the seller was not charged back for the refund so i guess paypal ate the cost.
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:39 am
A mixed bag: the sellers who helped will get their money back from me, the ones who did not cooperate will not. Anything below $5 I did not bother.
wow okay....you are a good person so you would probably return the money. But I just realized something, wondering what you guys think.

This whole deal about Canada post dropping the tracking for international inbound registered mail, seems like a good thing that ever happened to the scammers. Buy a bunch of stuff from China and then of course it won't show up before the time limit and paypal will obviously refund you, if they fail credit card chargeback would suffice.

So what is stopping scammers from keep doing this, because one day that package will show up. oh my goodness this seems like a huge waste of time and money for chinese companies to ship things to Canada, poor sellers.
Jun 9, 2007
573 posts
37 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Well, I have a package that came from Korea via EMS. Korean Post says package was delivered to the local post (CP) and states Toronto. I checked my tracking on CP and it says it's on the way to Canada. I have a couple of friends who ordered the same thing and all of theirs are delivered. My package is sitting in the twilight zone as it hasn't been scanned that it arrived in Canada. I guess it's lost :(. CP won't fancy my call as I'm not the seller and needs the seller to call Korea Post to initiate an investigation...argh...
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
wow reading this forum is depressing. I lost all the hope Id get the phone this week :(

I mean most of you guys say, your tracking shows "Arrived in Canada" at least. AND THEN IT TOOK MONTHS TO MOVE.

Mine is worse....It is still dispatched to Canada stage for a month and a half now.

So I shoud forget about this phone :(
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
Theory wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:06 pm
Well, I have a package that came from Korea via EMS. Korean Post says package was delivered to the local post (CP) and states Toronto. I checked my tracking on CP and it says it's on the way to Canada. I have a couple of friends who ordered the same thing and all of theirs are delivered. My package is sitting in the twilight zone as it hasn't been scanned that it arrived in Canada. I guess it's lost :(. CP won't fancy my call as I'm not the seller and needs the seller to call Korea Post to initiate an investigation...argh...
I think you and i are in the same stage :(
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2251 posts
823 upvotes
Vancouver
User042404 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:35 pm
wow reading this forum is depressing. I lost all the hope Id get the phone this week :(

I mean most of you guys say, your tracking shows "Arrived in Canada" at least. AND THEN IT TOOK MONTHS TO MOVE.

Mine is worse....It is still dispatched to Canada stage for a month and a half now.

So I shoud forget about this phone :(
Dispatched means sent to Canada. There are at least a dozen airline flights from HK or GZ to Vancouver every day. Even my order of $1 copper washers was sent via air. It's the Canadian side that's deliberately slowing things down.
Jan 4, 2017
286 posts
160 upvotes
Calgary
User042404 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:42 am
So what is stopping scammers from keep doing this, because one day that package will show up. oh my goodness this seems like a huge waste of time and money for chinese companies to ship things to Canada, poor sellers.
I don't think I got scammed. Why would you risk your AE license over a few $$$. One of the outstanding items is from a reputable seller who I have built a relationship of trust with. And most of the stuff is stuck in Canada. And since it is not the fault of the sellers when the CBSA and CP are hibernating and being complacent dorks, why should I keep their money. As arnycus has pointed out over and over again here: if we don't pay them, they will not ship to Canada again. The most reliable business so far has been ********: they have the best shipping options and the are always responsive within an hour.
We came, we saw, we left!
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
642 posts
247 upvotes
User042404 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:42 am
Buy a bunch of stuff from China and then of course it won't show up before the time limit and paypal will obviously refund you, if they fail credit card chargeback would suffice.
As others mentioned, Paypal and CCs have procedures in place for such reverse scams, as in both cases if you paid by Paypal, they got screwed as the evidence clearly shows the item was shipped, and the shipping method chosen by the buyer did not include shipment insurance or international trace. In case of Ali still holding your funds, using chargeback is not the best idea either. Generally, most sellers with best prices have a long list of countries they don't ship to, usually headed by African countries, Italy, Spain, Greece etc. Trust there is a good reason for that. If Canada added to that common list, cost of importing goods will grow fast. On Ebay most cheap US seller companies don't ship abroad including Canada, and more costly sellers tend to use "Global Shipping" robbing method charging taxes and brokerage for low value items CBSA & CP pass without extra charges. So looking to buy something cheap you're stack with private sellers and used items with unknown quality, and have to do a lot of convincing & explaining to get the item by USPS 1st class, as Ebay doesn't include that option due to lack of insurance.

Scams may think it doesn't affect them, but it will affect everyone. It just like a small stream get polluted, and the bad guys say its OK, it doesn't affect anyone outside of this small community. Which is a big lie, as all these streams got into rivers, which grow and in turn run into lakes and oceans, so everyone gets affected, including those polluters, and money can't protect them. Its true however, many of them come to realize it way to late for themselves or their love ones.
Last edited by arnycus on Mar 17th, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:06 pm
I don't think I got scammed. Why would you risk your AE license over a few $$$. One of the outstanding items is from a reputable seller who I have built a relationship of trust with. And most of the stuff is stuck in Canada. And since it is not the fault of the sellers when the CBSA and CP are hibernating and being complacent dorks, why should I keep their money. As arnycus has pointed out over and over again here: if we don't pay them, they will not ship to Canada again. The most reliable business so far has been ********: they have the best shipping options and the are always responsive within an hour.
NOT YOU!!! lol I am talking about the poor sellers. Just in general...For example if you take Kijiji, craigslist etc everyone or at least 10 out of 100 people are trying to scam someone with their scheme locally. Let alone the walmart shop lifters that try to loot items and then sell it retail same goes to amazon where many scammers try their various scheme that is local. I am talking about a scammer with a valid credit card, hooks it to paypal, buys about 10 to 20 phones/gadgets a month (investment money)

Of course the packages wont say hello for 4 to 5 months, but still it will. At the 2nd month the scammer gets his investment money back from Paypal who really dont check anything, off shore call center agents dont care that much.

Then after 4 months when the packages show up one by one, at least 7 out of 10, the scammer then sells it locally. How is this not a scheme and what has been done to avoid the chinese sellers get ripped off. I know it probably wont cost that much for them to manufacture these items, who knows they are probably using the latest iphone clone as paper weight or shoe lift...But still as a business I feel like they are so vulnerable to get ripped off, considering their shipping method which is free wont have any valuable insurance coverage. Please somebody tell me they are aware of these risks and have a backup plan. That is all I've been wondering about
Mar 20, 2016
69 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
Received:
  • shipped Nov 20th yesterday (117 days).
  • shipped Dec 15th today (92 days).

They both had string of digits tracking only (043000132xx), and were not tracked by Canada post at all (from trackitonline site). So probably ended up in the same "get to it later" bin.
Temp. Banned
Dec 27, 2016
80 posts
41 upvotes
arnycus wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:38 pm
As others mentioned, Paypal and CCs have procedures in place for such reverse scams, as in both cases if you paid by Paypal, they got screwed as the evidence clearly shows the item was shipped, and the shipping method chosen by the buyer did not include shipment insurance or international trace. In case of Ali still holding your funds, using chargeback is not the best idea either. Generally, most sellers with best prices have a long list of countries they don't ship to, usually headed by African countries, Italy, Spain, Greece etc. Trust there is a good reason for that. If Canada added to that common list, cost of importing goods will grow fast.

Scams may think it doesn't affect them, but it will affect everyone. It just like a small stream get polluted, and the bad guys say its OK, it doesn't affect anyone outside of this small community. Which is a big lie, as all these streams got into rivers, which grow and in turn run into lakes and oceans, so everyone gets affected, including those polluters, and money can't protect them. Its true however, many of them come to realize it way to late for themselves or their love ones.
Okay lol There's my answer. Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Liselsia