Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
May 10, 2017
340 posts
58 upvotes
Mitama wrote: ... as a regular package (13kg, so I don't know how can they lose that) and the tracking number is CC009742359ES. I have checked the website you suggested, and the info is the same one as in Canada Post/Correos: Package has left country of origin (on the 11th, it was shipped on the 9th).
Arnycus might be right - It looks like it was shipped by water taking into account the weight of the package. Still it's less than 4 weeks. And today is exactly 3 weeks since it was shipped.
Mar 4, 2006
474 posts
148 upvotes
Got a package that was ordered on March 4th, looks like I am getting my orders in reverse order. Most recent once are getting here before my older orders. Still waiting on an order from Feb.

2017-03-11 21:51:02 Departed country of origin
2017-03-09 18:55:02 Parcel outbount in sorting center
2017-03-09 18:53:22 Accepted by air carrier
2017-03-09 17:07:10 Parcel is inbound in sorting center
2017-03-09 16:15:59 Parcel accepted by shipping company
May 10, 2017
340 posts
58 upvotes
davebert wrote: Got a package that was ordered on March 4th, looks like I am getting my orders in reverse order. Most recent once are getting here before my older orders. Still waiting on an order from Feb.
Imagine you have a big warehouse and sometimes too much stuff comes in. You're trying to find the room for new stuff and sometimes stack the new stuff over the old one. Sometimes you keep track what comes first and what comes last. And sometimes you don't because you're tired or you don't care. Sometimes you process the stuff in FIFO format and sometimes it goes in FILO format. Get the idea? Well, it's how CP works.
Aug 18, 2015
10 posts
Update for mines, after 20 days, it was JUST released from customs, and yes I know that makes me "lucky", but I paid 42 bucks CAD to have it be a express post, which meant it was suppose to be here within 1-3 days from China. Order was made on May 2nd, sent on the 9th. so doing the math it was almost 7 times the supposed delivery time (3x7=21) so yeah. Good luck on the others still waiting, but I will definitely be watching CTV's broadcast when it happens, as I still have two more mail since Feb that haven't arrived yet.
Aug 29, 2016
364 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Still waiting for a package ive had stuck in customs since May 18!!
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
Right now I record the biggest CP chaos so far: none of my orders since early March show an arrival scan in Canada on www.trackitonline.ru [China Mail registered, Singapore registered, Hong Kong registered, winit]. The best I get is "sent abroad". Is CP now blocking trackitonline or have they shut down their sorting facilities for good? Exception: A Royal Mail registered item [comes from the other side of the world] has been in my hometown of Calgary since Monday and has not been further processed in 4 business days. I have tried to figure out the depot's phone number but nobody was able to help me: local post office, CSR, internet...

Summary: the delay has now arrived at the local depot and CP are even hiding locally.
We came, we saw, we left!
Mar 5, 2017
2 posts
Hello All,
I have been having the same problems from packages from China. But now things from the US and other coutries have slowed down. I order and ebay item from The US an April 12, It arrived June 1 that's 50 days (no tracking) USPS. I am now starting thinking is a customs issue.
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Ordered April 26th from dx.com wishfully hoping that the package would arrive for mothers day.

Shipped on the 28th,
Left for Canada May 2nd
Arrived in Canada on May 9th

STILL WAITING.. coming up on a month that I assume its now stuck in customs. Was car electronics (bluetooth receiver).

Date Status of Shipment Country of Destination
09-05-2017 16:44 The item has arrived in the country of destination CANADA
02-05-2017 19:36 The item is on transport to the country of destination
02-05-2017 09:16 The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
02-05-2017 09:16 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
01-05-2017 17:20 The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL
28-04-2017 10:51 The item has left the originating country
28-04-2017 01:15 The item is ready for shipment
27-04-2017 20:00 The item is lodged to airport warehouse in originating country
26-04-2017 02:24 The item is pre-advised
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote: none of my orders since early March show an arrival scan in Canada

I have tried to figure out the depot's phone number but nobody was able to help me: local post office, CSR, internet...
Same here - no arrival scans lately (with rare exceptions, but packages are coming somewhat faster), checking with TrackChecker software, as it maintains ordered package database. When an airline scans a delivered container, its shipping manifest gets published to tracking websites though either the airline DB or sender's Post DB like China Post. Technically this data is for internal use only, and CP may at least kindly ask partner carriers to withdraw its publishing. Of course they might do it to block leaking any evidence showing how long shipments stay at backyard before processed. It may be hard to subpoena this data from foreign airlines and posts, but CP own internal backyard scans can be. Not sure though, whether CP only scans containers when they start processing them, but generally they should scan every arriving container, unless they rely on airline data which I doubt.

You can ask CP CSR to send an email to a local depot supervisor to call you. Once they call, ask for your depot clerk phone number, since supervisor assignments change too overtime.
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
arnycus wrote: ...checking with TrackChecker software [TC], as it maintains ordered package database.
Interesting app, thanks. I played with it and compared with www.trackitonline.ru [TIO]. Both yield different results. For example, the Royal Mail registered item (since Monday in a backyard in Calgary) is reported as such by TIO, whereas TC still lists it on its way to Toronto (23rd May).

TC does not get any info from Hong Kong Post at all. All Shipments from Hong Kong to Canada are empty.

TIO and TC alike list a non trackable item (code starting with BZ...) as processed in Calgary yesterday. This is the biggest surprise.

Other than that, TC does not list anything in the hands of Canada Post.

UPDATE: arnycus and I were referring to different "TrackCheckers". Arnycus uses a Windows software and I an iPad/iphone app of the same name. I will also be trying "Parcel Tracker". All of them are free.

TrackChecker - parcel delivery tracking on the App Store.jpg
Parcel Tracker on the App Store.jpg
TrackChecker (en).jpg
Last edited by JurgenK857634 on Jun 2nd, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 4, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
A package I ordered on ebay on December 19th finally arrived today!! Nearly half a year later. The package was sent by airmail and it was sent from Hong Kong to Vancouver for those of you wondering ! I can't believe this delay is so extreme...I nearly forgot about it.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote: Other than that, TC does not list anything in the hands of Canada Post.
You need to play more with TrackChecker, and update Services.dat via Help menu. Also try searching and selecting several services that may fit a certain destination or tracking number type, don't rely on automatic service selection only. I don't think TC is that different in terms of results from TIO, but it also depends what access each developer has to various source DBs, some of which require entering Captcha and quite complex algorithms to access, so select Captcha in Options. Its still a lot more convenient than a spreadsheet.

Some guy described interesting details about the Letter Carrier job as it was a decade ago, and in large part remains now. Unfortunate reality is, that entire lengthy thread is so divisive, I've never seen a company, even unionized, where people clearly identify their supervisors and generally anyone from management as their main enemies. Very distant from team work usually practiced in businesses across North America. It looks, this is were CP management needs to put major efforts to change this culture to a common goal of servicing Canadian people.
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
so I got 2 packages in the last month from China, they were all shipped early December...
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2933 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
arnycus wrote: Some guy described interesting details about the Letter Carrier job as it was a decade ago, and in large part remains now. Unfortunate reality is, that entire lengthy thread is so divisive, I've never seen a company, even unionized, where people clearly identify their supervisors and generally anyone from management as their main enemies. Very distant from team work usually practiced in businesses across North America. It looks, this is were CP management needs to put major efforts to change this culture to a common goal of servicing Canadian people.
it's actually very common for public service bosses and supervisors to be non unionized or in a separate union from those they manage. TTC and many municipal operations are like that in Canada. i'm surprised you're surprised because CP has been aggressively lowering wages for new employees while chipping away at older employees.
Dec 27, 2012
164 posts
91 upvotes
Bowmanville
So, it seems a lot of people are having trouble with items ordered in March/April?

I ordered something from Sweden two weeks ago. It arrived last week. I am still waiting on my four orders placed in April (one from Sweden, one from the UK and two from the USA).
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
What shipping method did you use for Sweden orders, and what was the actual goods route?
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
163 upvotes
Calgary
TODAY AND TOMORROW: TWO PART SERIES ON CANADA POST ON CTV'S 6 PM NEWS ON BOTH CTV CALGARY AND CTV VANCOUVER.
The productions are not identical. Hence it is worthwhile watching both. They will be on the CTV Calgary's and CTV Vancouver's websites.
Other CTV stations will likely pick these up.

All info from CTV. Last time, it god bumped because of the Donald.
image.jpeg
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
Did they use a helicopter to make this plant photo? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jun 9, 2007
874 posts
210 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
USPS has newer tracking numbers starting with UA that can't be tracked :(.