Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2017 9:37 pm
Dec 18, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
Paul31 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 8:46 pm
2017/04/05 13:32 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
UPDATE for package from US:
2017/04/17 08:56 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
1889 posts
1151 upvotes
Markham
Bought one device from TMart.
Shipped on Jan 13 and got it on Api 13.
It took 3 whole months to reach GTA!!!
Mar 30, 2017
18 posts
1 upvote
Paul31 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 9:47 am
UPDATE for package from US:
2017/04/17 08:56 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
Last saturday (day before yesterday) One of my package from Jan that never showed any updates, not even arrived in CA, suddenly alerted me, "Sorting Mississauga"

And nothing today. I wonder if Canada post works today, my mail room is so clean without any papers lying around, which makes me wonder if they work on Easter Monday? I have seen a few Canada post trucks but I imagine this would come from the other type of delivery men who walk around with a strolley? Any ideas please?
Dec 18, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
wonderkitty wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 5:57 pm
Last saturday (day before yesterday) One of my package from Jan that never showed any updates, not even arrived in CA, suddenly alerted me, "Sorting Mississauga"

And nothing today. I wonder if Canada post works today, my mail room is so clean without any papers lying around, which makes me wonder if they work on Easter Monday? I have seen a few Canada post trucks but I imagine this would come from the other type of delivery men who walk around with a strolley? Any ideas please?
I got the following scan but was told by CP customer service that the sorting centres are closed today so nothing moves.
2017/04/17 10:26 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10178 posts
1969 upvotes
Oakville
wonderkitty wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 5:57 pm

No mail on Easter Mondays. Some depots have parcel delivery, to alleviate a busy Tuesday.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 21, 2005
551 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Now, I have received all parcels sent last year except one. It's a 70 USD media player ordered on Aliexpress on Dec 19. I kept asking for buyer protection extension but I've exhausted the limit by now. Appeal to Aliexpress for an exception for further extension was to no avail. I must open dispute before the buyer protection ends in 3 days' time.

Before, I let several low value Aliexpress orders close without asking for further extension, and I invariably received the items afterwards. I suspect likewise for the media player. So, I'm thinking what to do in this case. I remember reading some members trying to buy the same product but ask the seller not to send it. Did it work out this way?
Feb 9, 2009
304 posts
94 upvotes
After a 4-month wait, for the item at this price level its better to file a claim, since its unreasonable for a seller to offer such items for sale without full tracking and insurance. I'd never order items from China priced $30+ without full tracking service, and if the seller refuses to offer a cheaper shipping method with a tracking number I'd walk away. There's a massive flow of items from China priced below $5-10, so Free Shipping is OK whatever it is, but not for relatively high ticket items. Of course you can later pay for the item again if refunded. Also keep in mind, Ali own tracking is often way behind, and stop renewing at some point, not to mention CP lack of disclosed tracking, so try other sources like TrackChecker program (allows to select multiple tracking services for an item) or tracking sites mentioned here. I noticed lately several 3rd party China low cost couriers now ship to Canada via Europe, probably to bypass Vancouver clog altogether. It takes about 2 weeks this way to reach Canada compare to average 5 days from order date for direct flights from China, also adds some wait times at Toronto and Montreal Customs.
Last edited by arnycus on Apr 18th, 2017 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 20, 2016
30 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Noticed this today when tracking a book coming from US, not sure how long they've had it:
All items are subject to review for admissibility into Canada by the Canada Border Services Agency. Once an item clears all regulatory processes, it is handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delivery time depends on the product and the distance to its destination.
The book only took 6hrs to pass customs, so hardly an issue. But interesting that they decided to add that.
Images
Jan 4, 2017
193 posts
54 upvotes
McLaughlin on your side got back to me - considering an interview...either they send a Calgary crew or they do it via Skype. Please submit your questions.

Thanks

Arnycus asked:
a) what exactly causes delays in low cost shipments processing right now?
b) why the delivery model changed over the last 2 years for small packets from 3 weeks to 3 month despite packets volume dropping?
c) why CP withholds packet tracking info from customers?
d) what exactly CP does to resolve the issue once and for all, and till what deadlines?
Dec 18, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
Received item from the US after it was held for 12 days in customs. It was a warranty repair and clearly marked in two places. Got charged taxes on the insured value!
Nov 12, 2015
10 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond, BC
2017/04/18 17:06 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
2017/04/09 11:09 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

Does 'International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post' mean I am about to get dinged with taxes?
Apr 11, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:33 pm
McLaughlin on your side got back to me - considering an interview...either they send a Calgary crew or they do it via Skype. Please submit your questions.

Thanks

Arnycus asked:
b) why the delivery model changed over the last 2 years for small packets from 3 weeks to 3 month despite packets volume dropping?
d) what exactly CP does to resolve the issue once and for all, and till what deadlines?
c) I don't think CP is withholding packet tracking info from customer. More like non e-packets are NOT being tracked at all. I recently ordered three items from China shipped via E-Packet and they all arrived from China to Canada in 1.5 week. Yes, 1.5 week. What I also notice is that on the package itself, Canada Post copied the tracking number provided by China Post and pasted a Canada Post Xpresspost Tracking Number on it, making it possible to track in the Canada Post system.=

Here is my question submission.

d.) Why is it that Canada Post can quickly process an E-Packet in under a week while non e-packets takes three months or are never delivered.
Jan 4, 2017
193 posts
54 upvotes
NoIdeasforName2017 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 8:35 pm
c) I don't think CP is withholding packet tracking info from customer.
CP track registered mail as they need proof of delivery should the item get lost and an investigation is started from the sender's mail service side. You can follow this tracking here: trackitonline.ru

They just don't bother releasing the tracking information to the receiver...saves them lots of trouble as only the fewest senders are willing to send a trace. After watching a video of Mr. Choprak refusing to answer questions about the lack of service - and getting the details of his dodgy re-appointment, I'd say he is the source of the trouble. Mr. Choprak is a hard right-wing ideolog installed by the Harper government in 2011...for 5 years. Just before the general elections, his contract was extended prematurely so that the current government could not get rid of him.
Oct 21, 2005
551 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks

Arnycus asked:
First, thank you very much for your effort.

Q: Does CP assign low priority to certain packets based on their origin?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel