Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 3:54 am
Jul 26, 2003
80 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
I am with you, still waiting for 11/11 order.
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:16 am
I just had my 160 day non-delivery celebration with undelivered orders going back to 8th and 11th of November 2016 - and items held in Mississauga since 15th Feb.

Are there still other Nov. orders MIA?
Apr 11, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:02 pm
CP track registered mail as they need proof of delivery should the item get lost and an investigation is started from the sender's mail service side. You can follow this tracking here: trackitonline.ru
Well, this is interesting. I actually used the site you suggested to track my packages and some packages were never shown to have arrived. They just show the package left China and that's the end of the tracking.
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 12:16 am
I just had my 160 day non-delivery celebration with undelivered orders going back to 8th and 11th of November 2016 - and items held in Mississauga since 15th Feb.

Are there still other Nov. orders MIA?
Yep, I still have a baking mat from Malasyia still un-delivered after the scan showed it arrived in Canada on November 20.
Last edited by NoIdeasforName2017 on Apr 20th, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2004
778 posts
233 upvotes
London
in4red wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:59 am
What kind of tracking number was it?
I'm trying to figure out if I should order from GB, given that most "registered mail" parcels are not even tracked into Canada anymore.
packages from England and Germany that ship without tracking seem unaffected i'm guessing packages from there are going though customs in Ontario instead of Vancouver. i had a package that shipped out from Australia witch go though Vancouver thing was shipped out jan 19th and didnt show up till today. even non tracked packages from the us when they go though Vancouver take like 2 months to show up now. when there coming from the east cost and go though customs in ontario or quebec its seems to pass though super fast.
Aug 3, 2015
224 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:58 am
packages from England and Germany that ship without tracking seem unaffected i'm guessing packages from there are going though customs in Ontario instead of Vancouver. i had a package that shipped out from Australia witch go though Vancouver thing was shipped out jan 19th and didnt show up till today. even non tracked packages from the us when they go though Vancouver take like 2 months to show up now. when there coming from the east cost and go though customs in ontario or quebec its seems to pass though super fast.
Really? I had a package (tracked, up to delivery in community box) from China and it went to customs at BC. It was released after 2-3 days.
Nov 25, 2004
778 posts
233 upvotes
London
in4red wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:58 am
Really? I had a package (tracked, up to delivery in community box) from China and it went to customs at BC. It was released after 2-3 days.
tracked packages are unaffected by the slow downs its only when its a package that has no tracking.
Dec 23, 2010
411 posts
116 upvotes
Hamilton
qaz393 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:47 pm
how much total for mi max?
$180usd, so $240-$250cad whatever the conversion was way back then.
in4red wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:59 am
What kind of tracking number was it?
I'm trying to figure out if I should order from GB, given that most "registered mail" parcels are not even tracked into Canada anymore.
I'll never order anything from GB again. Ordered my phone end of November, didn't actually ship until end of December. Then this whole CBSA thing (I know, separate issue). Never again.

Last phone I bought off Ali came in ~5 weeks from when I ordered it. Helps when the seller actually carries stock of what they're selling.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
278 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:58 am
packages from England and Germany that ship without tracking seem unaffected i'm guessing packages from there are going though customs in Ontario instead of Vancouver.
Such cargo is labeled "low risk" by CBSA, and thus mostly passes without each packet inspection. However, a lot more is involved in targeted delay of packets from Asia than claimed "clogged" Richmond Mail Customs.

Why CBSA facilities at the brand new Richmond plant are claimed "clogged" to begin with, despite it was specifically designed and staffed to carry growing packets workload from Asia, which in reality is in ongoing decline as per last years CP Annual Reports? This is another Q for media interview. :rolleyes:
Apr 19, 2017
1 posts
Mississauga
A china post admin told me that it takes 50-100 days for packages to clear customs. SInce when? I have ordered things from China before with out tracking/same shipping method as now, and its gotten to Canada in just over a month
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2059 posts
631 upvotes
North York
Just received a small order of plant seeds from aliexpress via Yanwen Economic Air mail from Beijing. Have a couple similar items ordered a week before and shipped via Singapore Post that haven't shown up.

ordered March 16
shipped out march 19
customs sticker says march 21
loaded to airline march 23
arrived april 19.
Nov 25, 2004
778 posts
233 upvotes
London
arnycus wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:02 am
Such cargo is labeled "low risk" by CBSA, and thus mostly passes without each packet inspection. However, a lot more is involved in targeted delay of packets from Asia than claimed "clogged" Richmond Mail Customs.

Why CBSA facilities at the brand new Richmond plant are claimed "clogged" to begin with, despite it was specifically designed and staffed to carry growing packets workload from Asia, which in reality is in ongoing decline as per last years CP Annual Reports? This is another Q for media interview. :rolleyes:
then why delay a bluray coming in from the usa declared at $9 below any amount that would require them to look at the package at all for 2 months. that surely should have been as low risk as it gets.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
278 upvotes
@aaron158

By what shipping method? USPS 1st class is fully traceable to door in Canada, Deutsche Post and Royal Mail lettermail is partially traceable via 3rd party tools. Pls post the track here.
Nov 25, 2004
778 posts
233 upvotes
London
arnycus wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 2:03 pm
@aaron158

By what shipping method? USPS 1st class is fully traceable to door in Canada. Pls post the track here.
it was shipped with usps but by that method i think they call it like surface with air lift support. this method has minimal tracking so basically i can tracking it via the freight forwarders website but only up till it leaves lax airport.

its a very low cost service like $4 vs what would cost $12-15 to do first class

heres a link to info on it usps site.
http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_039.htm

the aussy package that was delayed was pretty much the same type of thing bluay sent aussy air mail no tracking. shipped out on the 19th of jan showed up yesterday 3 months to the day. 2 years ago a package from Australia would never have taken more then 3 weeks.
Jan 4, 2017
289 posts
161 upvotes
Calgary
Two November orders have arrived today, after 141 and 163 days, respectively. The first item was last tracked in Mississauga on 15th Feb., the slower one last scanned in China on 28th Nov. Only one 11th Nov. order still MIA...and that one was not registered.

There is always hope.
We came, we saw, we left!
Mar 30, 2017
130 posts
41 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:41 pm
Two November orders have arrived today, after 141 and 163 days, respectively. The first item was last tracked in Mississauga on 15th Feb., the slower one last scanned in China on 28th Nov. Only one 11th Nov. order still MIA...and that one was not registered.

There is always hope.
Can somebody please tell me what is going on with my package?? why is it stuck in sorting, after waiting for over 100 days, it finally changed to sorting a few days back and I was under the impression that once it changes to Sorting Mississauga, I would receive it by the next day or 2 days maximum at the least.

What is happening, is it stuck in another container in Canada post again???

Jul 28, 2010
779 posts
388 upvotes
Vancouver
wonderkitty wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 5:14 pm
Can somebody please tell me what is going on with my package?? why is it stuck in sorting, after waiting for over 100 days, it finally changed to sorting a few days back and I was under the impression that once it changes to Sorting Mississauga, I would receive it by the next day or 2 days maximum at the least.

What is happening, is it stuck in another container in Canada post again???

May I ask if you ordered something from Play-Asia? I ask because they use Singpost for registered mail. I put two orders with them on late February and it seems my packages have been stuck at customs for over a month. At this point I'm on the verge of issuing a chargeback with Mastercard.