Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
I think we are mixing definitions here. AFAIK the term "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" is used exclusively for packages shipped from Alibaba Fulfillment Centers by Alibaba Logistics. They own large share in Singapore Post, and used it primarily as "Standard (warehouse) Shipping" option. But lately due to mail delays and large claims count from countries like Canada, they tend to use more fully traceable to door methods like UBI to ship costlier packages, if UBI has a franchise or branch in the destination country. As to AliExpress sellers preferred method of shipment, one can say China Post is a "standard shipping" for sellers shipping from own home or office, while larger stores and drop-shipper warehouses usually ship via mail consolidators using more exotic high volume options like European or private Chinese carriers.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
is it just me or did canada post now fully block out tracking registered packages. like before if u used the tracking trick on canada post were if u put in the tracking number 2 times. u couldnt see the scans but u could see the time stamps. i just tired this with a package i got in on firday and i tired tracking about 2 weeks ago and the trick worked. but now when u do the trick it claims n/a under the time stamp. going to the Russian tracking site shows 0 scans on the package within canada. even checking really old packages on canada post that i know worked with the trick before now no longer work at all on canada post.

guessing canada post figured out we were able to track stuff using the trick and the Russian site and closed whatever the loop hole was.
Apr 13, 2010
659 posts
424 upvotes
Napanee, ON
No, Canada Post won't show you tracking for international registered packages.

The Russian site will (still).
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
cybersaga wrote: No, Canada Post won't show you tracking for international registered packages.

The Russian site will (still).
check a package delivered within the last 4 days i bet u wont see any tracking on the russian site showing the package as delevered..
Apr 13, 2010
659 posts
424 upvotes
Napanee, ON
I don't have one right now that's been delivered, but I have one that's on its way. The Russian site shows a couple entries under the Canada Post section saying it's left China.

We'll see what happens when it gets here: RF912716185CN
Gabe of Gabe's Hacks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
cybersaga wrote: I don't have one right now that's been delivered, but I have one that's on its way. The Russian site shows a couple entries under the Canada Post section saying it's left China.

We'll see what happens when it gets here: RF912716185CN
yes the russian site will still show scans that took place before what ever this change was. but i had 1 package that came yesterday and one today and nothing on either of them showing up. so either canada post totally blew off scanning these packages. or they closed the tracking loop hole.

and like i said the canada post site if u used the tracking trick on there witch was to enter the same tracking number 2 times. u could see the time stamp of the last scan that happened it wouldnt say what the scan was just what time and date the scan happened. now when u try the trick it acts like u entered a number that is no where in the system the time stamp area just says n/a.
Sep 8, 2017
12 posts
aaron158 wrote: yes the russian site will still show scans that took place before what ever this change was. but i had 1 package that came yesterday and one today and nothing on either of them showing up. so either canada post totally blew off scanning these packages. or they closed the tracking loop hole.
That doesn't make much sense, isn't the point of registered mail that the sender can have a proof of delivery ? Are they still making you sign for it ? I expect they would....
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
HoneyBee843 wrote: That doesn't make much sense, isn't the point of registered mail that the sender can have a proof of delivery ? Are they still making you sign for it ? I expect they would....
yes i still had to sign for both packages. but i see nothing for either of the packages. here is the tracking number for a package that came yesterday RR073515165PL shipped from Poland over a month ago by registered mail. last scan showed leaving poland a month ago then nothing package showed up yesterday but 0 scans within canada.

and one from the week before RA708284903RU came from Russia and had several scans after getting to canada.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
I got 3 packages in a month. Maybe just luck. Still waiting for some over 3 months now.
Sep 8, 2017
12 posts
Well there was a maintenance on CP's site this weekend, so I guess they just completely unhooked the tracking. What a load of crap...
Banned
Sep 9, 2017
28 posts
21 upvotes
Canada post and people have got to stop hiring these incompetent **dian CEOs to be running their companies. Waiting 3 months for a package is completely unacceptable.
Z
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
my suggestion everyone flood office.vicepresidents@canadapost.postescanada.ca with complaints about them not letting us track the packages and ur package delays. follow that up with a complaint to ombudsman@canadapost.postescanada.ca make sure u list off any tracking numbers u been waiting very long for. then lastly find out who ur local M.P is and either email or call them and let them know about the delay and canada post refusal to provide tracking on packages we are paying for tracking on.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
What you see on the Russian site was tracking data obtained from a CP mobile server via Mobile API requests. Did you try to use CP mobile app to check if it shows more tracking info for imported Registered Mail compare to CP website (unless of course the mobile access server is down)?

Registered Mail is an old manual sorting age product, centered by UPU rules around the shipper, who receives a receipt and can obtain delivery confirmation upon request. Tracking is lately used to speed-up manual signing of registered mail on route at each hope, but for this product type its not mandatory to present for public access via a website. In fact, electronic tracking is not formally required (though used everywhere), instead a manual signup process can still be used at each hope. For new eCommerce mail products like ePacket, tracking become not only productivity means, but also integral part of the mail service, so its mandatory to present for public access via a website. CP current management removed public access to registered mail tracking 3 years ago from CP website to ensure that systemic mail delays due to insufficient staffing would be harder to prove, and also to press buyers to pay more for more costlier shipping services to get faster processing and more transparent tracking.

UPU Tracking Number Types
Last edited by arnycus on Sep 12th, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
285 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: my suggestion everyone flood office.vicepresidents@canadapost.postescanada.ca with complaints about them not letting us track the packages and ur package delays.
This is the wrong suggestion IMHO. This type of request should be addressed directly to the PMs Office (choose "Public Services and Procurement" or "International Trade" topic). Don't waste your time directing your grievances to the very people who purposely removed public access to mass mail tracking. They are very well aware of the inconvenience it causes to people of Canada, and in fact it was done namely to make low cost mail products very inconvenient for customers to deal with.
Sep 11, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
radeonboy wrote: Can anyone help track my package? RX355654840CH

I can't find anything of it on Canada Post website....
Origin Country - Tracking Consuming: 984 ms
2017-08-26 05:06

Genève 2 Letter Transit, The consignment has left the origin border point
2017-08-26 05:06

Genève 2 Letter Transit, Departed transit country
2017-08-26 04:27

Genève 2 Letter Transit, Arrived in transit country
2017-08-21 18:09

Asendia Hong Kong, The consignment has left the origin border point

Asendia Hong Kong, Arrival at origin border point

Asendia Hong Kong, Mailed
Sep 11, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
anyone had anything reviewed at Richmond customs lately? like actually reviewed. How long did it take to clear?

Edit: nevermind, it literally just cleared. Anyone wondering, it took just over 6 days.
Nov 15, 2008
461 posts
188 upvotes
Vancouver
aaron158 wrote: my suggestion everyone flood office.vicepresidents@canadapost.postescanada.ca with complaints about them not letting us track the packages and ur package delays. follow that up with a complaint to ombudsman@canadapost.postescanada.ca make sure u list off any tracking numbers u been waiting very long for. then lastly find out who ur local M.P is and either email or call them and let them know about the delay and canada post refusal to provide tracking on packages we are paying for tracking on.
Well, I just did all three. Kept the email relatively short w/ limited ranting, but did convey my disgust with the service and questioned it. I doubt I'll read anything back, except perhaps a useless canned answer, but I'll update here anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
arnycus wrote: What you see on the Russian site was tracking data obtained from a CP mobile server via Mobile API requests. Did you try to use CP mobile app to check if it shows more tracking info for imported Registered Mail compare to CP website (unless of course the mobile access server is down)?

Registered Mail is an old manual sorting age product, centered by UPU rules around the shipper, who receives a receipt and can obtain delivery confirmation upon request. Tracking is lately used to speed-up manual signing of registered mail on route at each hope, but for this product type its not mandatory to present for public access via a website. In fact, electronic tracking is not formally required (though used everywhere), instead a manual signup process can still be used at each hope. For new eCommerce mail products like ePacket, tracking become not only productivity means, but also integral part of the mail service, so its mandatory to present for public access via a website. CP current management removed public access to registered mail tracking 3 years ago from CP website to ensure systemic mail delays due to insufficient staffing would be harder to prove, and also to press buyers to pay more for shipping using costlier services o get faster and more transparent service.

Tracking Number Types
no i dont have the app never needed it before. if u want to try out the 2 tracking number i posted on page before u can.
May 10, 2017
340 posts
58 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: check a package delivered within the last 4 days i bet u wont see any tracking on the russian site showing the package as delevered..
It's not surprising, they don't give a @#$% about proper delivery procedures. They did it before and will do it in the future. They are a bunch of opportunistic slackers protected by union. No wonder. Upper management want to destroy CP and the lower layers just follow the suit. On the positive side: at least delivery time right now is around 1-2 months not 2-6 months as in the beginning of this year.

For me it's enough info when I see "Sent item abroad ..." or " handed over to airline" and the rest is up to CP.
Last edited by nixrfd on Sep 13th, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.